On the Road to a New Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Road to a New Me

Who better to share my journey with than with my M* family.

Auntiemern knows this already but I am going to share this with you.

Since the loss of my mom (which will be 3 years in Sept) I have put on a great deal of weight (240+ lbs is what I weigh now and I am 5' 4"). I am a little butterball (LOL) In the process my breathing as worsened and I have had second knee surgery (2012) as a result. Recently (I believe) that I have developed sleep apnea as I wake up in the night gasping for air to point that it has scared my hubby.

Starting tomorrow (8/15) I begin Nutrisystem and working out with the goal of losing 120lbs. This is going to be a very difficult journey for me as it is going to take 3-4x more work to take off all the weight I have put on over the years, but I know that many of you will be thinking of me along the way and wishing me luck.
    "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Re: On the Road to a New Me

Good luck! I have been dieting and exercising since June 2nd and have lost twenty pounds. Things were going great until this week and I have been eating everything. So starting tomorrow with you, I am going to get back to eating healthy. Good luck to us both.
    Sherry:icon_wave:

Have a kind and loving day

Comment

Good luck to both of you gals. We are all here cheering you on!!!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Rhonda you will do great. One day at a time. Come here for support anytime you need it.
        :icon_happy:Karen
        Life is short - live it up while you can

Comment

Rhonda, definitely we are cheering for you! Just remember this is a process and there will be ups and downs. Come here to vent any time! And please, if you are waking up gasping, talk to your health care provider ASAP. Sleep apnea is nothing to play around with.

Comment

Good for you Rhonda! Best wishes and support are here for you. Keep us posted and vent if need be, your health comes first.
            Beth

Comment

You can do it! I lost 60 pounds, one pound at at a time. Rejoice in each and every pound, because it is not an overnight event. My prayers are with you.
              My friends call me Peggy
              The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

I know you can do it...Will keep you in my prayers...
                Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

If you suspect you have sleep apnea, please see your dr. & have him schedule you for a sleep study. You may need a CPAP for sleeping. I wish you well with your weight loss journey. JCY

Comment

Good for you, i am wishing you the very best of luck! It's not an easy journey but a worthwhile one for sure.We will all be here for support!
                    Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Well I didn't know you were planning on losing half of your weight. Personally I think that is to much. When I first got sick, I weighed 130 and look how bad and thin I looked. I want to lose weight to but I am gonna aim for about 45 of the 60 I gained since I stopped smoking. We can do it together.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

Need to join you in the journey! Good luck to you!

Comment

For my height I should weigh between 120 and 130 that is how much over weight I am.
                          "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Comment

Just a suggestion from one who has lost 85 pounds, with much more to go,,,don't concentrate on your goal weight. Just concentrate on losing 10% In this case just think about losing the first 24 pounds. Then the next 10% & so on...
                            I found it's more motivating to set smaller attainable goals rather than telling myself I have over 100 pounds to lose.
                            Good luck & I will be cheering for you!!
                            May the road rise up to meet you...
                            May the wind be always at your back...
                            May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                            Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

You go girl and I will be hear if you need to talk to get thorough a bad patch.
                              I lost 130 lbs and due to some meds and I quit smoking I have gained back 50lbs. I am going into hospital tomorrow for neck surgery a fusion and when I get out I am starting again.
                              It was great advice to set small goals to reach for and then before you know it you will have reached the final goal.
                              One other thing to remember you didn't gain it in a month or 2 so don't get to impatient.
                              Good luck and let me know if you need any help.

Jean Anne

Comment

Working...
                              X