Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday, What happened to Tuesday?

Good Morning, Folksies

Well, here it is 7 a.m. and I have done my morning chores already! Wow! Where did that ambition come from? The garden has been properly watered, tomatoes, cukes, zucchini, and beans have all been picked. I need to make some more relish and salsa up! I won't be snapping the beans until this evening. It is already heating up.

What happened to Tuesday? I sat inside all day. It was TOO HOT to put even a teeny toe outside. Except in the late afternoon when my BIL called me and told me he was locked out of his truck at the grocers. So, being the wonderful SIL I am, I ran to the rescue. Good thing Sis was with me (of course, that is why he called my house, lol) I was drenched in sweat from the time I left my front door and got to my vehicle. I did start another quilty that I am playing around with.

Today I will go to my Sister's and spend the morning with her, stitching on various things. We both are so alike that I even have her working on, oh, let's say at least 6 projects. Keeps me from being bored and burnt out by the time I get done with each project.

My DD has just gotten a precious little doxie puppy. OMGoodness. She is so precious. She is a black.brown combo, will fit in my hand. I think she has decided to name her Minnie. That's better than the name my husband wanted to name her - Whiz - because of what she did on him.

Have a great day everyone!!
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Wednesday, What happened to Tuesday?

Good morning Blondie. We have heat here as well but maybe not as bad as where you live. Today I am taking the neighbour grocery shopping so not much quilting today. More than made up for it yesterday. Hubby's birthday was yesterday. His whole family, 3 of them, and us went out for lunch. How nice that was. That is about the extent of my day today. Really did not want to go anywhere today but being a good friend is more important. Have a wonderful day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Morning Ladies! Today is my day to volunteer and I have a doc's appt. too so doubt I'll get much done in the sewing room. Yesterday I prepared 4 quilts for binding so in the evenings that's what I'll be doing.....hand sewing. It's not my favorite thing to do but when the t.v.'s on it's a diversion.

It's miserably hot down in south Texas and the humidity is unbearable. We've been hitting the 100's+ for days and I don't even want to know the humidity because knowing the combination of heat and humidity might put me over the edge of sanity! Our utility bill for last month was almost $400 which is to be expected but never wanted!!! Anyway, it's good weather to stay inside and quilt!!!

You all have a wonderful day! Terri

Comment

All I can share is that I hid under the covers all day long on Tuesday. Sneezing, sniffing, snorting and snoring. Why do all the nose-related words begin with SN (which happens to be my initials)? I managed to crawl out of bed today but don't know how long I'll be able to stay upright - but the lower back is killing me from laying around for two days. I've just got to decide which is the worst of two evils.

Awoke to temps in the 70's, but we had showers overnight. Projected high today is close to 100 so I know I want to stay indoors today. I used to live in The Woodlands, TX so I know the humidity of which Terri speaks. Al stepped outside last night to go check pool water chemistry and his glasses immediately fogged over. It's dripping off the windows, too. What can we complain about if we don't complain about the weather.

Monique, you are a true friend to take someone out when you know all you want to do is stay inside and hide away. Anyone who volunteers for others is a truly good person!! That includes all of you reading this!!!

Hoping that Minnie Whiz is soon house-broken for her own sake. I'm headed to SC to help Blondie snap beans.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Hello to you all! Another Wednesday and I had to laugh - saw the Daily Deal and clicked on the UTube that was posted and of course - ok - fess up, how many of you when the one is over that she posts, go ahead and click on the next UTube that shows up? Well, I do and the one that came up was called Explain This To Your Boss. You have to watch it. Of course I could never figure out why anyone would sit on a copier (you don't see anything so go ahead and watch it to the end) - well, I laughed so hard it got DH up!

Got to go and show DS!

Hugs,
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
            All I can share is that I hid under the covers all day long on Tuesday. Sneezing, sniffing, snorting and snoring. Why do all the nose-related words begin with SN (which happens to be my initials)?
            Okay Sandy, since our Cathy (Toggpine hasn't shown up yet) I have to add to the SN - how about snot? With your cold, I am sure you are full of it. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Don't drive to SC to help with the beans - I am in NC ! (although for many years, SC was my home while I was in college. Go Gamecocks!) Any Tarheel will tell you that the air smells better here than in SC. Okay, off before a SC gal comes in and blows me off with a good response. Honest, I love South Carolina.
            Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Sandy, I live 10 miles west of The Woodlands. I shop in The Woodlands. Fun to have that connection!

Comment

You 'gals' are just too funny! All the SN words cracked me up...how about Snap, crackle, pop. Doesn't that happen when you blow? Kidding aside, Sandy hope you are feeling better. Let the brain clear before you start travelling!
                Cynthia

Comment

Cynthia, those are the sounds I make when I get out of bed in the morning!

Got some sewing done and the DirecTV guy showed up to fix the TV and made me clean my house! OK, so he just needed access to some corners that I usually ignore! YUCK! I need to clean back there more often! Once I finish putting everything away, or throwing it out, I'll get back to the diaper bags and the the other baby things I'm working on.

Have a good evening! Cathy
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

snaffle, snarl, sneer, sneeze, snicker, snide, sniff, sniffer, sniffle, sniffy, snifting, snigger, snippy, snivel, snob, snook, snoop, snoot, snooty, snooze, snore, snorkel, snort, snot, snotty, snout, snub, snuff, snuffer, snuffle.
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Snickering, sniggering, snorting and sniggling at and with Sandy.

Sewing mends the soul.
                      sigpic

~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Rofl !!! Guys you are so funny ((((((Sandy)))))) feel better soon.....I snap crackle and pop 24 hrs a day roflolmao
                        "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
                        :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

Sandy how do you feel about spots...maybe we can trade, I'm covered in red blotches and since the doctors don't know why I'm not sure I want them...colds I know how to deal with. LOL
                          Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Ooooh Lynn! So sorry about the spots! I hope they figure out what is causing them soon!

Good night and good Thursday AM to all of the quilters on the flip-side of the globe!
                            Cathy
                            Be who you are and say what you feel
                            because those who mind don't matter,
                            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                              snaffle, snarl, sneer, sneeze, snicker, snide, sniff, sniffer, sniffle, sniffy, snifting, snigger, snippy, snivel, snob, snook, snoop, snoot, snooty, snooze, snore, snorkel, snort, snot, snotty, snout, snub, snuff, snuffer, snuffle.
                              Thanks for the great English lesson!! But no traduction needed I guess; all the words regard the nose.
                              sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Working...
                              X