Your Reading List and Favorite Books Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Reading List and Favorite Books Ever

I enjoy Amish fiction and Mary Higgins Clarke mysteries.
    sigpic
    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

stephen kings are my favourite, master story teller

Comment

I also like anything by Charles Dickens, Loved pride and prejudice, the Bronte sisters are excellent. Linda Howard, Catherine Coulter are good too. Gone with the wind was fine. Love Laura Ingles Wilder and all of her books. Loved the House of Green Gables. Loved I Claudius. I just love to read.
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Just read one by David Morell called The Spy Who Came to Christmas. Odd ending and there was no definite conclusion for the central characters, but it was still a good listen.
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

loved Harry Potter. My favorite was Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Loved that book and I also like Dean Koontz Intensity..wow. you can not put that book down
            Patrice

Comment

I liked the Harry Potter series too. Was hooked on the Wheel of Time series but the story got too big and convoluted (sp?) and had to wait too long between books. then the author died and they've made the last 1 or 2 books from his notes. I haven't bought them yet because mine are all packed and I can't remember which number I've gotten to (12 or 13?) and it's all one continuous story. Also like Dean Koontz, JD Robb and James Patterson.
              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Oh My goodness....... what a great thread. I love to read also.... and share so many of the favorites mentioned here. When I was younger I read and loved all the Laura Ingall Wilder books along with Nancy Drew and Ramona Quimby... they were so much fun. Some years ago I was at the book store and asked the clerk to recommend an author ... she thought for a bit and asked if I'd read anything by Janet Evanovich. I hadn't at that time but have since read all of her Stephanie Plum series. The last few were disappointing but for the most part I really enjoyed them. (Grandma Mazur was always a hoot!). I have read most of Nora Robert's and went through most of Danielle Steel's. As you can tell, I am more into "light" reading. But I'm always open to a new read. I have a Kindle, which I loved until I got my new Ipad for Christmas. It's so easy to buy a book and read it without going to the store.
                ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
                (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

I love historical fiction. Bernard Cromwell is a favorite but right now I'm reading Redeeming Love. I have had women stop and comment when I take it when I'm waiting at the dr.'s office, coffee shop, etc. and exclaim what a wonderful book it is and go on and on. I have to say, it's hard to put it down but quilting always wins over.

Comment

I love to read too and will give anything a try. In fact, I get withdrawal symptoms if there aren't at least half a dozen books on my bedside table, so I am really pleased to see this wonderful thread. So many titles here that are new to me, I feel like I opened the best box on Christmas morning!!!

At the moment its Jodi Picoult's Sing You Home and listening to Vermilion Drift as I sew. Have read and loved most of the Elm Creek books - The Sugar Camp Quilt is a special favourite - love Joan Rivers Siddons and Dorothea Benton Frank, Kathy Reichs, Pat Conroy, Sarah Addison Allen, Bill Bryson, Anita Shreve, Chris Bohjalian, Nicholas Sparks and Adriana Trigiani. And there are lots of English and Australian writers I enjoy as well.

I love children's books too from picture books to youth fiction and have a special collection which my grandchildren have cut their reading teeth on. Granddaughter is reading as much vampire stuff as she can get her hands on - aren't all teenagers !!!???? And not just teenagers either. I love poetry and biographies ... oh, oh, oh .. that's enough!! I'm going to bore you all to death here.

Ladies, do keep your favourites coming and thank you so much for sharing.

Mary B.

Comment

Hi Sondra,

I love "Love You Forever" too. ... and it always brings a tear. Thank you for reminding me I haven't read it in a long time.
                      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                      Mia

Comment

A friend recommended that I read Laura Hillenbrand's Unbroken.
                        It is a biography of Louis Zamparini .... a World War ll air crew member who was shot down and spent the war years in a Japanese POW camp. This isn't a book I would seek out but since my friend recommended it so highly, I decided to download it to my Ipad and give it a try. The first night, I read until 3 a.m...... I just couldn't put it down. The book is amazing. .... truly amazing and I learned what pride, honor and patriotism these American soldiers and airmen had in a time of horror. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Hope you'll give it a try.
                        ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                        Mia

Comment

Working...
                        X