X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to visit NY

Hello everyone,

I have a question to you amaricans

Finally we'll visit NY. I'am planning the trip now.
    We want to go for 2 Weeks in December over christmas and new year this year.

Do you have any advice where I can find a location to stay. We don't want to stay in a hotel.

I hope you can give me an advise.
    hugs and Happy quilting :icon_hug:

Carmen ;) from Germany, Rentweinsdorf

Check out my blog: www.bambine007.blog.de

Re: I want to visit NY

I haven't been to NY, but I am guessing you are going to the city of New York? I would think you could do a google search of
    'vrbo new york city' and see what comes up. (vrbo = vacation rental by owner). We have done that when vacationing in other areas and found condo's, apartments, houses etc. I am not sure what would be available in New York since it is so heavily populated.

One other suggestion would be to contact the board of tourism for the city - they might have listings as well. Good luck!!!!

Comment

Are there bed and breakfast places in NYC? that would be an nice option, too. did a quick search:

http://www.airbnb.com/search?location=new+york%2C+ny
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

these are nice ideas.. thank you for that.
        i'll take a look.
        yes we thought abaut visiting nyc
        next year I want to come to america to take a journey and visit several places... of course I want to come to americe just for shopping :-)))

Comment

Carmen I have never been to NYC but you could visit me here in Canada. A lot of my neighbours are of german descent. Oma will be 103 years old this year and the best community grandmother I have ever known. Enjoy your trip.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
            Carmen I have never been to NYC but you could visit me here in Canada. A lot of my neighbours are of german descent. Oma will be 103 years old this year and the best community grandmother I have ever known. Enjoy your trip.
            And I understand from my son who lives in Dobbs Ferry that it is a quick train trip to Quebec from there. You are blessed with your Oma. God bless her and of course, dear Monique, you as well.
            Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Dear Monique,

of course, thats a great idea :-)
              I've never been in canada. If I go to canada I'll tell you and we can meet there and I can visit you.

Originally posted by Monique View Post

Comment

Working...
              X