• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

TGIF

Happy Friday Ladies

Work went okay yesterday. Lots of phone calls to make sure I would be back this week. Today will be the usual line up of folks.

Cathy, gifts for generic purchasing. One of my friends has a small gift store and I have been making misc things for her to offer. I am a practical buyer and am always looking for something that I can use, not just sit around. So, I have been busy with making some different items. I have made some wrist theraputic things - to rest your wrist on while using a mouse. I like it as it does seem to give some support to the wrist. Have also made some sleep pillows filled with lavender to place over the eyes. They work great for quick naps and headache.
    Always on the look out for something nice and quick.

Jan, thanks for the update on Gina. Hope she will be able to fit in some sewing time, too.

Deb, I remember now you speaking of the Kids Quilts. I will look into doing that. Thanks for the link!

Here's a Happy Friday wave to everyone. Luscious and I are planning our annual Fourth of July cook out. We generally have a good turn out, and everyone brings their own lawn chairs and a big plate of food to share. We have all the hot dogs and hamburgers.

Smile lots today, it is going to be a beautiful day inside and out.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Loonwatcher
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2011

Re: TGIF

Blondie, glad your day went well.

For me Friday means getting through one more day of work and then jumping into the car to head to camp for the weekend. All my sewing stuff is there for the summer. I want to get my patriotic stars done this weekend but we are also supposed to have a lawn sale. Possible rains tomorrow so maybe I'll just lawn sale on Sunday. Gotta leave early on Sunday to get home so DH and DS can have some time together on Dad's Day.

Have a great day and weekend,
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

• Sandy Navas
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2010

Hello everybody!! I thought I was going to have a day in the sewing room but got a call that my DD got up with a horrendous headache and Al is busy with the pool guy as they get the pool open (FINALLY) . . . so I'm off here to take the three big middle girls to the pool for practice. Emily told her Momma yesterday that " . . . when Papa gets the pool open you can sit on the patio and watch us because the water will be too cold for you, but we're used to it . . . " They do get out of the big pool at the park with purple lips sometimes.

I did a 'blind' walk-in with Al last night to see Rita's quilt top and I must say that in spite of some of my wonkiness that I'm very pleased with it. Getting excited.

Doing something with DD, DSIL and the kids this weekend but nothing has been definite - so much depends on the weather.

Wishing everyone health, wealth, and time!
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• janluna
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2009

Good Morning everyone! For those of you that have been praying for my DGD Emily, I have an update. She is down to her last med to be weaned off of. She takes 2 shots a week, 6ml. of this med is quite strong. They are taking 1ml. away at a time. They expect huge fluctuations in her weekly blood draws. Her white count will take a hit and drop to nothing and then (Hopefully) her body will fight this and make up the difference. She will be on high alerts for blood transfusions in case she doesn't make her own during this time. The doctors are hoping she will fight back on her own. She will be on a nutrapenic diet when this happens. It will be a difficult time for her and the rest of us will be on pins and needles. Your prayers have helped her throughout this whole process and we thank you and yet ask for more. For those of you who don't know about Emily, she has Aplastic Anemia. It is a blood disorder that takes out both red and white cells in her blood. There is no cure. We can only hope for remission. So thats what we are praying for. Thank you to all who have kept her in your prayers and thank you to those of you who join in now. Hugs, Jan
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• toggpine
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2009

Good Morning Quilty Friends!
          Jan, we will continue to pray for your Emily. If I possibly could, I would direct some of my Em's energy her way to help her get through this!
          Sorry about the aborted sewing day Sandy. You are a pair of fabulous grandparents! Tell Michelle thanks for the offer to come and help with the windows. The cost of her travel would out weigh the time it will take me to do them myself though. The offer stands that if you or your family are ever in the Seattle area you let me know, and we'll get you out to the farm!
          Nancy, have fun at camp! My grandparents had a house at a lake when I was a kid and spent the summers with them. All week long we would look forward to spending the weekend with friends and family there. Now that I am older, I see that they needed a place to get away from the family business or they would have worked all weekend and burned out. Enjoy your space!

The trip to the fabric store yesterday WAS horrible! I only found the Warm & White/Natural batting, wool batting for the ironing board and enough fabric for another friend's snuggle quilt, a baby quilt for the new grandson, some pillow cases for Em, and a piece to re-cover the cushion on the pillows for the rocking chair in her room. I could not find the super-wide super-cheap muslin I had seen before ($2/yd for 200 thread count) that I was going to use to make the foundation for the bed skirt our bed so badly needs. Nor could I decide on the color of broadcloth to buy to make said bed skirt, since I have NOT made a choice for a quilt for the top of the bed yet. Horrible I tell you just horrible!
          For those of you making Quilts for Kids or other charities, J's has their 90" wide Warm & White or Natural by the yard on sale for 50% off through the weekend. All other packaged batting looked to be 40% off. (If I could only go in for the one thing on my list...)

We did have a nice time at the pool and Emily was on her best behavior after the last time she had a complete melt down there. She still didn't want to get out after an hour and a half, but she also wanted to have lunch with Nana and come back next week.
          On today's schedule is more tidying up and a run to the feed store for enough bedding to clean the barn again. You would think they could take the time to walk the few feet outside to do their business, but no. Oh well, it's good exercise behind the pitchfork and wheel barrow right?
          You all have a great day & take care!
          Cathy
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• toggpine
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2009

Blondie,
            I saw some cute "snap" bags at our LQS a little while ago. They were in various sizes with the smallest being about 5" square. they used old metal tape measure tape as a stiffener at the top and when you pulled the prairie corner tab at the sides it would pop open and you could put things in there and then it would snap shut and the metal tape would keep the top closed. A cute way to keep things organized in your purse was my thought. There was a pattern, but you might be able to find something similar on the web someplace.
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• bakermom
              Missouri Star
              • Sep 2010

Accomplished NOTHING today. it's DD's last day here so we met with family for lunch then she took off with other DD and SIL for a while. she leaves very early Sat. morning and we won't see her again until September. DH is planning on getting up VERY early to make her a special breakfast before he takes her to the airport.

I have one of the snapbag patterns. They are fast and easy, but you really wouldn't need an actual pattern to make one. I used a tape measure from the dollar store for mine. Doesn't have quite the "snap" a heavier tape would have but it works for me. Couldn't find any of the broken ones I KNOW we have somewhere in the basement.
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• SuzyQue
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2010

Jan---wasn't on yesterday, but I offered my prayers for Emily today. I will continue till we hear of her remission. Prayers for your entire family. I can't imagine how stressful this must be for all of you! HUGS!

Comment

• craftyladysam
                  Designer Diva
                  • Jul 2010

Prayers going up here to, Jan!
                  Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

• EsGrandma
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2010

Dear Jan - My prayers are with you and your dear family. Linda

Comment

Working...
                    X