• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sandy Navas
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2010

TUESDAY, TUESDAY . . .

Ah, I'm loving these cool mornings in the 60's with a gentle breeze blowing and the doors and windows open. It 'dun't' get much better than this. 'Ceptin' one thing . . . I've been waking up with my tonsils (YES, still have those rotten, useless things) the size of goose eggs and slightly sore. Allergies? Not liking this at all.

I spent most of yesterday running kids around - and then last evening Al and I took a trip to the highest park in town to view the Missouri River as it creeps WAY OVER flood stage. Then we drove down by the riverside to view it up close and personal. There's going to be a lot of damage, I'm afraid. The city has been putting in a walking trail and the northern part of it is already under water. There is a sports complex in the river bottom and there were kids out there playing baseball with the water creeping in the back edge of the fence line.

Stopped at a new burrito place in town (locally owned, but if he ever franchised he would definitely beat out many others we've visited). GREAT! YUMMY! I came home, fell asleep and slept like a baby.

Think I'll be running kids again today but we will see. Momma may just feel the need to escape for a while. And, if she does, Nana will be outside working in the yard if the weather holds. I am going to have a bumper sticker made that says "I'd rather be quilting" . . .

Everyone out there in quilty land have a fantabuloso day and it you need to get well then do it, prayers to all who need a bit of uplifting, and special hugs to everyone.

Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."
  • NM Lady
    Applique Angel
    • Jul 2010

Re: TUESDAY, TUESDAY . . .

Good morning Sandy. Sounds like you are a very busy Nana. For all of those dealing with health issues, hope everyone gets to feeling better soon.

I got a little behind on the BOM quilts. So last night, sewed, ripped out, sewed a little more and finished one. Just one more to go.

Quilting is something that is really a lot of fun and so glad I discovered it. Saturday will go to BOM class and then over to a friends to learn how to make the X-rated quilt top and a table runner. It will be a lot of fun and really, really looking forward to it.

Tried my hand at a couple of totes and those are fun too. When I was younger, I really hated sewing. Don't know what I was thinking.

Praying for all those in bad weather areas.

Hope everyone has a very blessed day!

Comment

• lindaw724472002
      Prairie Pointer
      • Jan 2011

It was a very stormy Monday around here had very high winds and a lot of damage around town. Luckly we didn't have any major damage just a lot of limbs in the yard. We did't get the electricty back till almost midnight a very hot day around here. Even had a curfew . I have lived here all my 61 years and never had a city wide curfew. My heart gose out to all the people who are in Joplin and all the area's that are still suffering. We were just inconvienced and I was misserable I can't imagine what they are going through. I pray god will watch over them and this will be over soon. God Bless all today I will count my blessings. Linda

Comment

• Lola2Ace
        The Guild President
        • Aug 2010

It's a cool mornin' here too, cool enough to just have the kitchen door open, for the time being anyway. Doing some laundry and picking up some of the mess in the sewing room. I have another 'to do' pile going, 'another' isn't quite the right word because it really never disappears, it's ongoing, get 1 or 2 things done and I add a bunch more to it! I used up some scraps and have about 13 tissue holders ready to run thru. They are a great project for 6-7 inch scraps. I finally have enough flannels to do youngest DD's minkee blanket for Christmas, so I am going to try to get the piece that has been thru the wash, pressed and cut. I bought 2 of the minkee layer cakes from MSQC and I can't wait to work on it and get 'er done. I have cleaned up the Singer a bit, and I need to bring her in from the garage and find a place for her, still haven't decided on a name, but 'Nellie' is a frontrunner, after my Grandma that is my sewing and quilting inspiration, now guiding me from above.
        NMLady, I didn't like to sew back then either, but I definitely LOVE it now. I could have learned so much more from Grandma if I had tried harder back then!
        I am hoping everybody has a great day!
        Last edited by Lola2Ace; June 14, 2011, 07:08 AM.
        :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

• quiltingtrish
          Banned
          Missouri Star
          • Sep 2009

Hello all on this beautiful day here in Central PA.
          Not much happening today except a Guild meeting tonight. So that means I can sew! I finished the baby quilt yesterday and then sewed up a small flannel cushy cushion for a cat bed my girlfriend gave me. One of the kitties stepped right in it and stayed there all night. The next project is to machine quilt a large, snowpeople, flannel quilt I've had pieced and layered for a few months. That will be ready for the cold days in winter when it arrives. I hope we don't get an early winter with all the hot temps we've had so far this June.
          Well, off to go for my morning walk so my day can evolve.
          Prayers for those not feeling well today.
          Hugs,

Comment

• Blondie
            Missouri Star
            • May 2010

Hi Ladies
            Had a quick check up with the Dr this morning to see how i am progressing. doing okay. Reflexes still not what they should be - quite a bump on my noggin I reckon.
            Still, I feel great and am thankful to be able to drink coffee again. LOL.

Sandy, you bless me! Love the quote about the broomstick. I received a fwd from a friend and that was at the end. I thought, gee, I need to send that one to Sandy, she will love it. See, we DO think alike!

I want to make some big soft raisin cookies today. They are a fav. Haven't made them in a while - need to do it before it heats up too much more.

Waving to all - big hugs and as always, many blessings to each of my quilty sisters.
            Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• SuzyQue
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2010

Hello on this lovely Tuesday. My Molly is home from Europe and I love that feeling of having the birdies back in the nest. She had a wonderful time and is safe and sound at home! I helped start a friend on the path to quilting a table runner yesterday...so much fun. She is very creative and see colors so well from years of scrapbooking.......this will be nice. Many errands today, some wedding prep to work on for son...........hope to sew on new quilted purse tonight. Wishing all happiness and health! Hug a child today! MMMMM

Comment

• toggpine
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2009

Morning All!
                I am feeling sooo much better! The antibiotics have done the trick for the tooth! Well, the pain meds helped with the sleep too! I'm able to just do ibuprofen today! Whoo Hoo!
                I did get the front garden weeded yesterday. I still have a about a 4'x2' patch of gravel to tame down by the barn and those projects will be under control.
                We had a bit of sadness here yesterday. One of the old lady goats passed on to greener pastures. It was her time. We'll miss her funny hum at the feeder. That leaves just three in the "retiree pasture". We may have to get a cow to keep up with the grass out there. Mmmm. Beef for the freezer!
                Em and I are baking some cupcakes for the end of the year pre-school picnic this afternoon. Yum!
                You all have a good day!
                Cathy
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• LynneLeavell
                  Missouri Star
                  • Sep 2009

I miss the cool mornings. It is hot first thing and then just gets hotter. Well that's Georgia weather for you. I do hope you get to feeling better. I am finally 1/2 way finished with a quilt I started in January. My daughter wishes my wings would hurry up and get fixed. She is tired of seeing my broom fly around and then in the corner at night charging. My son is not around as much so he doesn't see the broom. Have a great day everyone. Lynne

Comment

• debinmalaga
                    Missouri Star
                    • Oct 2009

Beautiful morning here, too - I heard all about it while I was trapped in my bank LOL.

One of those days, here... I worked 8-6, came home to everything from piled laundry to a dog accident, a dishwasher that needs to be unloaded and a dinner that needs to be started from scratch. Yikes! Mike's working on a car so can't help out and Paige (my DD, home from college for the summer) isn't home. Can you say "stuck holding the bag"?

Ah well, my labors will be appreciated by Mike. Paige, my darling girl, is a slob who spills over from her bedroom into the rest of the house, and Mike and I have to keep reclaiming territory.

Warmest wishes for toothaches and headaches and ankle aches and everyone else.

I'm up to 15 minutes a day on my treadmill!
                    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
                      Paige, my darling girl, is a slob who spills over from her bedroom into the rest of the house, and Mike and I have to keep reclaiming territory.

I'm up to 15 minutes a day on my treadmill!
                      Hey, Deb, CONGRATULATIONS on your STICK-TO-IT-TIVENESS!!!!!!! I need to follow suit but I'm much too lazy.

Remind Paige that perhaps one of these days she will have children who will come back and remind her that she needs to pick up - because if she doesn't it is for certain they won't either. I know, I have a kid like that.
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
                      X