Clear All

• Fridays ain't always fun

Click image for larger version

Name:	2dbb7fa1a9d1884d1e74976cfaad02e0.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	1648297

Hello Folksies

Yes, it's Friday. I do have to work. It's gonna rain sometime today. It's been a funless week so far.

"What?!" you say. "This blondie girl has fun everyday."

I will let you in on a secret. What is not fun becomes fun by the time I am finished. Most of the time. The reason I said earlier that it has been a funless week is because I haven't been able to sew. I have been having to clean, clean, clean. And I have more to do. What is fun about cleaning? Absolutely nothing. But there is fun for me in cleaning to music. A word of advice. Do not try to clean while listening to Barry Manilow.

I like all sorts of music. Sometimes I clean while listening to Marshall Tucker Band or Billy Joel. My favorite cleaning music is Bob Seger. Love me some Bob.

While cleaning yesterday when I finished work (I am still working in the kitchen), I tackled one cabinet that I can't remember the last time it opened it. I was secretly hoping that I would find the lost ark or some other treasure. Was I ever surprised. And disappointed. I found some old laundry detergent and mouse turds. Huzzah. That was an easy clean up.

Oh and I almost forgot to tell you. Yesterday, my Mom called me at work all excited. She kept saying, "I've got a flock of cranes in my yard." What? She insisted I come by in between clients and please bring my camera. This is what I found:

Name:	Flocking1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1648298

It appears that they weren't cranes, but flamingos! She had been "flocked" by her church for their annual Relay For Life run this weekend (good luck with that one in the rain). Mom was like a kid on Christmas morning. What a neat thing to do. I was so happy that she was happy I almost forgot my Mr Toad's Wild Ride of the other morning. When I saw her leaving the house later on, gravel flying I remembered that and was duly grateful that I didn't have to follow her last night.

Have a wonderful Friday. Make it fun in your own way. I know I will.

Hugs, prayers and hope that baby comes soon, Claire. SMILE!!!!!!

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Fridays ain't always fun

Morning Blondie and all,

Q: Why are "blonde jokes" so short? A: So Brunettes can understand them.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am working a little this morning then going home early to get the house ready for my M-i-L, 7-year old B-i-L, 27 year old S-i-L and her 15 month old daughter. Oh, and I have a class to teach tomorrow about baby food gardening that I need to prepare for. Crazy weekend ahead.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Wiggles smiling in his bouncer last night.
    Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

Love seein some MiniCooper smiles first thing in the morning!

Have a great day everyone
      Sharon

Comment

I have a class to teach tomorrow about baby food gardening that I need to prepare for.

I, for one, would love to know what you intend to plant. Sounds like a fun and easy peasy class. But then, I am way out of touch on baby food.
        Sewing mends the soul.
        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

How cute! Good for Mama. Have a happy weekend everyone.
          Shirley

Comment

That beautiful baby boy is sure growing. What a joy you have there.
            sigpic
            Hugs Ann

Comment

Good morning!! Seems I am early...or they are all late is more like it! MC is just too cute in the AM, Ryan!

Cleaning. Blech. Sorry Blondie! I KNOW I need to do that, but look, a squirrel! Haha...

Someday soon, but wont be this weekend. Have to work today and then head over to Fort Clifton to set up. Looking at two days of almost 90 outside...Hope that 30% chance of storms bypasses us and I sell lots of photos! I think I may try to quickly quilt a charity baby quilt tonight so I can add binding and hand sew that tomorrow between customers...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) to any and all!
              ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Comment

Good Morning all!

That Cooper is just adorable, Ryan. I am sure grandma will have a blast with him on her visit! My little man will be in town this weekend. His baby cousin is being Christened so DIL's whole family will be here for that. Speaking of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - I take a virtual one every night now. DGS loves to do face time with daddy and "Ammy" (his new name for grammy). He holds the phone and runs all over - rather dizzying to watch, but so cute. And that's what I call it - Mr Toad's Wild Ride time. But seriously, Blondie it makes my heart sing that your Mom is able to get in the car and drive herself after what she went through!!!

Planned to get this mop cut first thing this morning, but DD's have thrown a monkey wrench in that plan. Oh Well, what's another week or so? I should know better than to plan ANYTHING. My dad would never make plans because someone would always mess them up and I need to just go with that philosophy.

Hope everyone has a great day - I will be off to work for another week this evening.
                Donna

Comment

Good morning! Rainy and stormy here this morning! Really struggled with waking up...I could just sleep sleep sleep on rainy mornings.

I got no cleaning done yesterday...was gone most of the day at dr appts...did I mention I am a better person when I sew...hoping this evening will afford me some time to.

Ryan, cooper is such a cutie!!!

Well..better get going! Thank you everyone for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers! Have a great day!!
                  Mary
                  SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                    I, for one, would love to know what you intend to plant. Sounds like a fun and easy peasy class. But then, I am way out of touch on baby food.[/SIZE]
                    In the class we are going to talk about growing beets, broccoli, carrots, green beans, peas, pumpkin/squash, spinach, sweet peppers, and sweet potatoes. These were chosen because they are all good fruits/veggies to make baby food out of and all can be grown in Maryland in one season. I'll also talk about fertilizers, pesticides, and how to turn what you harvest into baby food (spoiler: cook it and grind it up with some water, formula, or breast milk to thin it down).

In my home garden I've got potatoes, onions, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, peppers (sweet and hot), peas, and beets.

I've planted bean, cucumbers, squash, pumpkins, sunflowers, and a couple other things in flats which are germinating now but have not been put in the garden yet.
                    Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

Just love seeing Cooper's sweet smile first thing this morning.

Kind of dreary and rainy this morning, just the kind of day to stay in bed and read or lie on the couch and watch some old movies but No Can Do as I have things to do today like a luncheon this afternoon. Still have no idea what to wear or what I have available to wear so that will be #1 priority this morning right after I get myself another cup of coffee.

Name:	friday garfield.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1582698

Comment

Good Morning All,

Blondie, it's a good day to clean for me since it's supposed to rain all day. Like you, I listen to Bob Seger, Bon Jovi and Meat Loaf when I clean. I worked in the yard yesterday so it's a little hard to bend and move today. I must have used muscles I forgot I had!! Love the pink flamingos in your mom's yard. That picture makes me smile.

Baby Sawyer makes me smile too. He is growing so fast.

Mother's Day is my least favorite "holiday" of the year. I can't wait for Monday to get here. For 20 years I have had to camp with my husband's family every Mother's Day weekend. This year the camping trip was canceled and I was so excited about having the day to myself. That's not the case. Enough said.

I hope to get binding sewn on two quilts I picked up from the longarmer yesterday. They both turned out much better than I expected. I also have a sewing room full of Project Linus fabric I need to get worked out.

Have a great day and stay safe if you are in the path of storms!
                        Robin
                        My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Good morning! It looks like we're going to have rain today too. I spent most of yesterday outside and I'm ready to relax inside today. Going to check out the new tutorial. Happy Friday!
                          *~* Myrna *~*
                          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Happy Friday Everyone!!

I wish I was home today, but instead I'm stuck at work for the next 7 hours getting ready for our owners to visit next week from Italy. Lots to do!

Hubby and I have some errands to run after work, but then I think I'm going to actually lock myself into my "craft cave" and try to get started on a project. I've been having motivation problems for a week, and it's about time to remedy that Cleaning is going to wait until tomorrow morning, but laundry DESPERATELY needs done, so I think I'll squeeze some of that in tonight as well. Going to be a busy, busy day

Hope everyone has a Fabulous Friday!
                            ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
                            "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
                            "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
                            "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Comment

How great to come here and be greeted with a gigantic Sawyer laugh. (BTW, Ryan, when he gets to the teething stage you may need to thin that baby food down with a tad sip of the good stuff . . . you know?)

Blondie - one of my secret pleasures in life, when the mood hits me just right, is to clean cabinets and closets and get organized. Al used to tell me that if I spent as much time doing the things I really want to do instead of doing the prep work, that I'd make better progress. As I've aged I have learned to overlook some things though . . . either that or I can fain not seeing them because of my eyesight.

FINALLY, yesterday afternoon my spring clean-up crew came and got my yard and flower beds nice and tidy. What can I say, six hunky college-aged fellows running around my yard . . . and then they got caught in a very brief but heavy downpour. Then I had six hunky college-aged fellows in WET T-SHIRTS. Does wonders for getting an old gal's heart pumping again.

AND, yesterday I got to sew, and stitch, and sew some more. I was having problems transferring some wording that goes in the Haunted House (what is the real name of that wall-hanging???) quilt we're doing in the M* BOM at the retreat center, so I had Al digitize the lettering for me and got it sewn out on the embroidery machine. Made my life easier. Then I got some stray blocks from a charm pack sewn together to add to my Dot Com blocks - think this one will go to Marilyn's PICU/NICU. AND, I got some organizing done - just making me realize that I need to spend more time sewing . . . oh, the stash.

So today, even with the sun shining, I'll be in my sewing room. Still have one wall of stash to tackle (remember when my SIL brought me two huge boxes from her sewing room? That all needs to be sorted and put on the shelves . . . and in between I'll let the embroidery machine have fun for me.

Everyone, get in there and STITCH!! Oh, and SMILE 'cuz Blondie said so. Prayers for all in need.
                              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
                              X