I'm down!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm down!!!

Well ladies I am downI stepped off the back porch at 100 this morning and my ankle rolled and I heard it pop. Well like the stubborn person I am I just put it off and went on with what I what I was doing and after about 4 hours I couldn't even touch it to the floor. It started hurting so bad I got sick to my stomach.With it being a holiday none of the Dr's offices are open and I can't afford another ER bill so I will tough it out til tomorrow.I have it wrapped in an ace and putting heat and cold altering every 15 minutes. I plan on going on in to work(I have a pair of crutches) and making me an appointment if it is still hurting me.I guess when it rains it pours for me.ya ya ya what will happen next???

Re: I'm down!!!

Oh, Rhonda! I am feeling for you. Why is it that things like this always happen over the weekend or on holidays? I pray your are not going to be suffering with a cast!!!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Oh Rhonda - OUCH! I fell down the stairs one time in Germany and suffered through the night with my hurt ankle. I did finally go to the doctors and they said it was just a bad sprain. So, I'm hoping that's all that you did. Alternating the heat and ice is good. I hope by now it isn't feeling too badly.

Hugs,
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Ouch!!!!!!!!!! Hope it isn't broken. Ice and ibuprofen, elevate it, don't walk on it. Hope it gets better quickly!
        LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Oh no Rhonda! That sounds painful. I must agree with Mimi Pat's advice and your icing. Poor you! I hope it isn't broken and you feel better soon.
          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Rhonda-----what a streak of bad luck and school is almost out! When I broke my foot, I was told only ice....no heat, it causes swelling. I hope you get to feeling better soon, but it sounds like maybe it might be broken. Let us know. Wish I lived closer so I could help. Right or left? Will you still be able to sew???

Comment

I winced when I read this Rhonda....poor girl! I hope the morning finds you feeling better and not too terribly sore. Good luck at the Drs.
              Patti
              "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Oh no! I hope nothing is broken. that sounds suspiciously like my injury. Not a fun thing. i hope elevation and ice give you relief but if not, please get it checked out. I thought about just toughing it out but after i saw my xray I'm glad i went to the ER. Take care.
                “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I feel so sorry for you Rhonda. Hopefully your remedies will help you. It's just to bad all the nasty things happen on WE.
                  Lets hope that's the end of the bad things.
                  Quick recovery!!!!
                  sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Ouch--here's to a speedy recovery. Take care.
                    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

Ooh, I hope it's not broken! Update us asap, please!
                      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

OMG so sorry about your ankle. Hopefully it is nothing too serious. Take the old tylenol and keep up with the hot/cold. Let us know what happens.
                        Susan

Comment

Originally posted by SuzyQue View Post
                          Rhonda-----what a streak of bad luck and school is almost out! When I broke my foot, I was told only ice....no heat, it causes swelling. I hope you get to feeling better soon, but it sounds like maybe it might be broken. Let us know. Wish I lived closer so I could help. Right or left? Will you still be able to sew???
                          Left foot. Yea I will be able to sew. I have a computerized Brother machine and haven't used a peddle in a long time. My last day of work was today thank goodness Thanks for asking SuzyQue.

Comment

There's one in every family - ! Poor dear, I will be more than glad to have YOU be the one in this MSQC family. At least you can sew.

Sewing mends the soul.
                            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
                            X