Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday

Good Morning, Ladies!

At least I hope it is a good morning!! After all the weather going on here in the States, I am hoping that all who are in the storm areas will check in. Prayers still being dispatched for our quilty sisters and for everyone who has lost so much in such a short amount of time. I can't think of anything more frightening than a tornado or earthquake. Other "natural disasters" seem to give more warning time.

Be safe everyone.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Thursday

Good sunny morning to you all out there - looks like the sun will be out this morning, but turn to hiding again later in the day. Hail and tornadoes seems to be the order of the day here for tonight and tomorrow. The weather all around is scarey for sure - my heart just aches for those that have already been devastated.
    A sad day here in town - the young man who I made the Cowboy Quilt for earlier in the year has passed away. He was 21 and fought with leukemia for 6 months. Unfortunately I can't make it to the services, but my oldest son will be there. My heart aches for his family.
    A prayer for DH who is traveling home to PA from Georgia today through any of the storms coming to the East. His real father is dying and even though the first time he heard from him was when DH was in his 40's - the guy sent him a Christmas card and asked for money (which ended up in the trash). The man is a bad one - has been kicked out of a few states and the only reason DH went down to GA was so his brother wouldn't travel alone to say goodbyes - and we haven't figured out yet why his brother would want to go either. Anyways, a long day of driving for them today.
    My last full day of school for this year is today! With all books turned in and no work to do in the classrooms, I hope it goes fast.
    Tomorrow is a half day with the kiddos - so ready for summer.
    Well, better run. Stay safe everyone and give someone an extra HUG today!
    Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Trish, sounds like the same weather here in VT. Sunny then storms. I don't really work on any projects during the week, but I've got them all packed to take to camp...can't wait. Expect to put the binding on the D9P I quilted last weekend and start a friendship braid. This is when it rains (off and on). And run outside for any sun.

Have a great day!
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Happy Thursday! Blondie....love your 'sunflower' caricature. Trish, sympathy to you as you deal with the loss of a too young man. Tough time for your DH, too. Enjoy your summer after a long school year. Nancy....keep on sewing! isn't the D9P fun? It is a great way to use up leftovers, too. I meet with my hospital Auxiliary craft ladies tonight and will be sharing the wonderful ideas I got from you all. Have a great day, Quilting Sisters!

Comment

Anxious to hear from my dear friend, SuzyQue!!!
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Nasty rounds of storms passed thru here last night. Predicting more today. So far all we've had is heavy rain, some had golfball sized hail. Meeting up with DS later today. I'll be playing with GD while DH and DS mulch.
            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

It's been a full week after having surgery and I'm feeling like a limp dish-rag..but getting stronger everyday. Had a hiatal hernia repair to stop all the acid reflux/GERD. Called a Partial Nissen Fundal Liccation (sp).

It's good to sit up and get to my computer to see how everyone is surviving these storms. Had warning last night, but just alot of rain. Everyone is taking these warnings seriously since there has been so much damage and loss of life. Half of our city lost power overnight, but we lucked out over here at the eastern edge.

Hugs to all..from Central Illinois
              Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
              :icon_wave:

Comment

Judy, glad your surgery went well. Hope your recovery continues to progress quickly and you're back on your feet soon.

Any word from Suzy Que? Where does she live?

I just heard there are still 231 unaccounted for in Joplin.

Can you believe it....even little old Vermont has a tornado watch tonight. I don't recall ever having that before - just severe thunderstorm warnings. What's going on with the weather in the US this year? Makes you wonder.
                ;)Nancy

Comment

Judy, hope you feel stronger soon. Still no word from SuzyQue I see... Hope everyone keeps well and stays safe. Got my binding pinned on my girl's QFK quilt but not feeling the urge to sew so I'm taking a day off.
                  There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

I stared reading everyone's posts tonight and I just cant read anymore my heart aches for everyone the world over.
                    I am so sad right now I think I will go sew. For anyone who does not know me just know you are in my thoughts.

Comment

Sorry to worry you all! I am fine! We spent a couple of anxious hours in our basement with funnels dropping all around yesterday (Wednesday). We didn't get but a few sticks down in our yard and inches of heavy rain and small hail. NO damage. It was scary, but we are fine! When the weather gets wicked, I turn off my computer. (we lost 2 to lightening already!) Today I picked up my mom and drove her to a new sewing machine class, lunch, and to deliver flowers to my Dad's gravesite. This was the first time and hard on my mom, but she did well. We made a quick stop at a local quilt shop and a run through Wally world. I have been so busy I haven't been on all day. I am so sorry to worry anyone! Gee----it is swell to be missed, though!

Comment

SuzyQue - glad you are okay. Sounds like you and your mom had a good day. Even if the visit to the gravesite was hard it's good you were there to support each other. It's one of the steps you just have to take. Welcome back!
                        ;)Nancy

Comment

So glad you are ok, Sandy was really worried about you. Hugs, Jan
                          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Working...
                          X