Why am I awake!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why am I awake!!!

2:30!!! Wide awake!! What the heck!!!!!!!!

This is ridiculous.
    Sharon

Re: Why am I awake!!!

I know what you mean. I was tired so went to bed early. Woke up thinking must be close to 6am. It was only 10:45pm. Been up ever since. Grrrrrr less than two hours sleep.
    sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Welcome to my night owl world - 4:55 am local here on the east coast. I lived for 3 years in Hawaii and think my internal clock is stuck in that time zone. I used to fight it ... but finally made it to acceptance.

Warm milk + calming thoughts = sweet dreams

Comment

I think hormones are my problem. My doc and I decided it was time to cut my dosage in half. Before that I was sleeping through the night. I seem to be waking up around 3:30 a.m. most nights. Sometimes I make it until 5. I am fortunate, though, since I can always get back to sleep unless something is worrying me. On nights when it's really cool in the house I seem to sleep better. With the change of seasons, I think it's also an issue of getting too warm, kicking off the covers, getting cold, pulling them back on, and so forth and so on. Ah the joys of getting older!
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I hear you Rebecca. One thing about it, I get some sewing time in before going to work. Unfortunately when I get to work I want to go back to sleep. It's a vicious circle.
          Sharon

Comment

I was also awake at 2 a.m. Menopause is awesome .... Uhg. I usually play candy crush or email my family when I can't sleep. And try not to let my mind race which right now is difficult. I also recite the alphabet backwards...that helps keep me distracted enough to calm down if I am stressing.

Comment

Must have been the night for insomnia! I was awake from 12:30 to 4:30. Even tried to sew a bit, it went badly! Experimental blocks thrown across the sewing room!

Comment

I made it to work and I'm not sleepy yet so maybe I will get through the day. I looked at the yard this morning and it may not hurt to maybe mow again when I get home this afternoon. At times, doing something physical it helps.

My sewing this morning started out well but ended not so good. My bobbin thread tangled up again and the feed started trying to eat the fabric. I caught it early this time so it wasn't near the mess that happened the other day. I don't know what's going on. It just all of a sudden started doing this. Any suggestions as to what it might be?
                Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaB View Post
                  My bobbin thread tangled up again and the feed started trying to eat the fabric. I caught it early this time so it wasn't near the mess that happened the other day. I don't know what's going on. It just all of a sudden started doing this. Any suggestions as to what it might be?
                  When you say "bobbin thread" are you talking about the thread on the bottom of your fabric? That's not a bobbin issue, that's a top thread issue. Usually when that happens to me, it's because the thread has jumped out of its normal thread path, or something is impeding the thread path (usually the carrying handle in my case). Double check that everything is threaded correctly and nothing is blocking. If you still get tangles on the bottom, try holding your top thread as you start to sew, just the first 3 stitches or so.

Comment

I see i'm not the only one who sits up at night. i usually don't even get sleepy until 3 a.m. eastern time. I'm glad I'm not alone.
                    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Once you get through the worst of menopause the 2-3am getting up tends to go away, unless you just have to pee...or the dog has to pee. With the meds I take, I sometimes need an extra "boost" to take me through to morning, and I will get up and wander to the bathroom and take something, then head back to the bed, stopping to cover up a dog or two who have thrown off their covers-don't even ask- and go back to sleep,

I keep my kindle by the bed so I can read if I can't sleep, If it gets really bad, I will go and get in the hot tub and let the heat help the pain then go back to bed. It is actually nice and quiet at 3am..except for the mourning dove who doesn't understand that she is suppose to coo in the MORNING. I think the poor thing has insomnia...
                      Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

Working...
                      X