Rental question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rental question

I'm renting out a house in Calif and have a realtor helping me out. I found her by flyers that were coming to the house there (my auntie). She was kind enough to help me out to rent it out and a few phone calls for some glitches. She sort of became a friend and has never asked me for any payment for being a manager.

I emailed her sat to say say hi and if she could swing by to see what the landscaping is looking like. I had drip irrigation put in but the tenants complained they had to hand water it. ugg, That got fixed I think.

Anyway she said I have been thinking about you and I will go do a walk through. So long question short. is it legal to go do a walk through without notice?

These people broke a 1930'ss swirl window because their dog jumped on it. She wanted me to pay for it before I caught her in a lie. Hee hee
    🌺 Lorie

Re: Rental question

http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/l...k/catenant.pdf
    California landlord/tenant.
    SandyWhite
    Ocala, Florida
    http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks Sandy. I looks like you have to give notice. This is an experienced reator so I'm not sure what she is thinking. I'm going to email her today and ask to make sure. These people were difficult in the beginning so I don't want to stir up any trouble right now that it's going smoothly.

My mom rented a house out and the people didn't know how to use the garbage disposal and filled it up with food. The house was a wreak too and she had to kick them out.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
        I've never heard of it. Lori, to answer your previous post about inspecting an apartment, in Missouri we can inspect by giving the tenant 24 hours notice or if there is damage going on (from broken water pipes for example) we can enter to protect our property without notice. We always try to contact our tenants if we need to make repairs and we seldom inspect an apartment once we get to know our tenants unless we expect something unlawful or damaging is going on.
        Thanks Barb. It's close to a year since I last heard a peep out of them so I don't think it's asking too much to check out what's going on. Since the realtor has talked to them before and even told them they had to pay for the broken window I trust what she decides. It's hard being so far away but I really wanted to keep it.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
        X