long marriages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

long marriages

yes they are wonderful or non of us would do it but.....................

Are there things your old man says to you that jus want to make you scream after hearing it for 20 years.?

Whenever I am cooking I ask.....how hungry are you? Every day he says 'a bit peckish' Now what does that tell me? he is not very hungry? Maybe he is reaching the point of ripping the cat's leg off and chomping on it...........who knows. 15 years I have asked this question twice a day and I get that answer, so yesterday asked what it meant.................ok I threw down my pan and screamed WHAT DOES THAT MEAN????????????? cOULD YOU EAT A SCABBIE DONKEY OR ARE YOU JUST WANTING A SNACK???????????/

beathes........

He said.....I am sorry my levity has annoyed you.......... I said............I am here to tell you that after 15 years the humour has lost its edge. How much of this stew do you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaant!!!

Then we ate
    In silence

So what does your husband repeat again and again..............let it out here..........let it go............. free it and yourself from the fury.

Now......where are my HRT tablets..............
    Blog
    http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: long marriages

Someone should open a restaurant named "I Don't Know" because that is the answer I've gotten every time in 30+ years when I've asked hubby "where do you want to go eat?"
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

After 33 years the only thing that bugs me is when I ask him a ? like what do you want for dinner? or what movie do you want to watch? or any simple choice type question and he says "what ever you want" or "doesn't matter" MAKE A DECISION DARN IT!!
      Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

LOL!! I guess I never had a problem when it came to hubby's tummy. I just served him and he ate it. Now my problem is when I'm asking him a direct question and he doesn't want to answer. He always finds a way to maneuver his way out of answering. Either with an aha or walking away. I've learned after being with him for 18 years, married to him 14 this May, that when he is ready he will answer or ask him again in a couple of days. Honestly, the first 5-7 years were hard because I questioned and confronted everything. Now, I can tell when he's lying, when he's stressed, when he's down, or being plain old lazy.
        "Trust in The Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In everything you do acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5,6

Come Join the Fun
        Fall Mug Rug Swap & Secret Santa 2013
        Patriotic Christmas Stocking

Comment

I've only been married 15 years so that's not a long marriage yet, but I'll say "you don't listen to me" and he thinks it's Hilarious to answer with... "What". I've never been a violent person and I love my DH very much but this makes me want to punch him in the teeth.

Comment

"We'll see" - I've heard that in response to a question so many times in the last 42 years (officially tomorrow) that I've lost count. LOL! I've told DH that a straight answer like "Yes" or "No" would be nice sometimes and I still get "We'll see" and am left hanging!
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

My biggest issue is the answering a question with a question....drives me nuts. After 30 yrs if that....lets just say my answers after a couple of rounds, are not anything I would say in front of the grand kids, lol. Men...ya can't live with em, and ya can't shoot em...well not legally anyway.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
                "We'll see" - I've heard that in response to a question so many times in the last 42 years (officially tomorrow) that I've lost count. LOL! I've told DH that a straight answer like "Yes" or "No" would be nice sometimes and I still get "We'll see" and am left hanging!
                Myrna, next time tell him "Not if I poke your eyes out!"
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

I think you are are to be congratulated. Folks do not stay together long anymore.

And, I love these stories, hope more are coming.
                  Karen
                  Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I think I'll just sit this one out. LOL!

Comment

Oh gosh...if I started listing all the annoying things my DH does I might not stay married.....better just keep moving on...lol
                      Mary
                      SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

What really torks my cork is . . "How do ya know" . . . or . . ''What are you doing'' and then there are days I have to remind Charles that he is talking to loud . .

we would be in a really deep conversation and I would be telling him all the details . . . and here it comes flying out of his mouth . .
                        '''How do ya know''' . . grrrrrrrr*~ . . because I am telling you . . that's how i know . .
                        OR
                        I would be cooking or baking something - and he would stand there - we would be chit chatting about something or another and all knowingly be watching what the hey I was doing . . and here it comes flying out of his mouth . . . . -- what are you doing . . . I would look at him and say . . Really . . can't you see this KNIFE and this DISH and this PAN.....can't you see what I am doing . . grrrrrrrrrrrrr . .
                        --then-- like tonight
                        we were chatting about things that was needed for the new 5th Wheel . . all the while he's talking really loud . .
                        now I let this slide most of the time -- because he operates and repairs those huge engines that pump the water out of the
                        ground for peeps to drink . . so I just remind him he's talking loud
                        BUT then there are times when --
                        he likes to gossip like an old woman -- he wants to know every little tiny detail of what is going on - where as I could care less
                        - there are times he repeats the same story over and over again . .
                        like the story of a neighbor living in their house for 5 years without paying a penny - since there house was in foreclosure
                        - and them making money hand over fist after declaring bankruptcy
                        or about this one collecting food stamps or that one giving up their full time job to selling ice cream at a flea market . . LOL*~

I mean -- if it's that man's life long dream to sell ice cream -- let him alone . . .*L*~ . the hubby has nicknames for some of the neighbors . . . I only have one nickname for one neighbor . . y'all know her . . . ya know . . the pot growing nudist . . LOL*~

Mr Charles and I will be married 29 wonderful years come July . . and I wouldn't trade him for anything *orange peel smiles*~
                        Last edited by CountryHut; April 21, 2014, 08:51 PM.
                        2015 is here
                        Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

Bob come on you are just one of the girls here......
                          :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

Ok, we will celebrate 34 years in July, and we dated 2 years, so 36 total. Two things just get my goat. I'm a very passionate person. I'm not afraid to show my feelings or fight for what I think is right. My DH is very laid back. If I am getting wound up over something someone did he just smiles and says, you are such a good woman, LOL all the time knowing I want to spit in the other persons eye. Takes the wind out of my sails real quick......he has my number I think. How can I rant and rave while he is telling me what a "good" woman I am?

Secondly the Aunt Bea pat.....let me explain what that is. We are very affectionate with each other: hugs, kisses, hand holding. We always hug each other goodbye, hello, goodnight etc. Sometimes we will hug and i get the Aunt Bea pat; he hugs me, and pats me on the back like i am his spinster aunt or something. LOL drives me crazy, not in a good way. Now, what i expect is not sexual in nature; I just would like a committed hug, ya know. Wrap your arms around me, saying through touch, hello, I missed you, so glad you are home, even often times to laugh together. But i have to tell you.....the pat brings out the red head in me everytime LOL. I think he does it sometimes just to get me going ( he loves to tease me, almost as much as he loves my fiery nature) LOL
                            Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

We will be celebrating 32 years this fall and I despise the word "probably" , only mispronounced "probly". That is my DH's answer to most everything...do you think the grass needs to be cut? "Probly". Are you going to teachers conference so I don't have to curse at that stupid English teacher? "Probly", Do you think you can answer with more than one word? "Probly". It's become such a joke now that the kids said they are putting it on his headstone, but it grates on my last nerve!

Comment

Working...
                              X