Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Monday

Happy Monday Folksies!

I am hoping that everyone is up with smiles ready for a new week. It seems that spring is certainly and finally in the air. The crispness of the morning air is pleasant here in my little world, azaleas are starting to bloom, wisteria is waking up finally and the dogwoods are gorgeous.

azealea and may apples.jpg
    here is an azalea I planted when I first moved into my house in 1993. It is surrounded by little May Apples and also climbing up the old oak is some type of runner - not really a vine but a ground cover that I can't remember the name of. I always call it Ethel, since I got the shoots from my granny's house when I moved home to NC back then.

Yesterday was a glorious day. About as perfect a day as we have had thus far this year. We had an early start as many do, with a spectacular sunrise service. We all gathered at DD's house to put on the feed bags. All together there were only 17 of us there to eat, along with 5 dogs - 2 weenie dogs, 1 german shepherd, 1 sheltie and 1 chi chi.
    Only one male pooch in the mix, one of the little weenie dogs named Hank. He was in weenie heaven surrounded by 4 females. The treat for each of us there besides the food, being entertained by the dogs and the lovely sunshine and occasional hummingbird was that two of our favorite ladies were in attendance. My SIL's grandmother, Bessie and my own dear Mommy were able to attend. Let me tell you, they ate us all under the table! Both have had their share of health issues so, in a way not to sound sacriligous, it was like our own little family Resurrection Sunday. Miss Bessie looked the best I have seen her in a few years, very chatty, always funny without knowing it and my own Mom seemed to have a never ending supply of jelly beans in her pocket, which she insisted on popping in anyone's mouth if they got close to her. They were tasty and a bit linty . . .

I heard this morning on the news that a study has shown that laughing makes your brain work better:

Laughing Makes Your Brain Work Better, New Study Finds - ABC News

Don't know about you but I need all the help I can get. One order of laughter coming up!

If you forgot to count your blessings yesterday, start over again today. Little things like I am thankful that I was able to see two octagerians put their heads together in conspiratorial smiles yesterday.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: It's Monday

Sounds like you had a wonderful day, Blondie! Glad Mom was feeling well and I hope everyone else had a Blessed day as well.

We had an eventful day. Youngest DS decided to put the top on the pressure cooker I gave him to boil the potatoes in. Then he decided to take it off. Exploding potatoes and boiling water everywhere. He got some minor burns on is chest and both arms. I gave him the pot - I did not tell him to put the lid on it! It could have been worse. YDD painted the first coat on the family room for me - the last room to be painted. Just as she finished and Oldest DD started to clean the kitchen, they discovered that we had no water. Fortunately I had just taken my shower for work. So,,,,, looks like I will be dealing with a pump repairman today.

We did facetime with my GS. He liked the little "no calorie chocolate Easter Bunny" I made him. It did come out pretty cute if I do say so. I foundations trip pieced brown strings together, stuffed it and then embroidered a blue eye and tacked on a blue bow to look like the chocolate Easter Bunnies.

Hope everyone has a nice day!
    Donna

Comment

Morning,

After sunrise service yesterday we worked in the yard most of the day and got a tremendous amount accomplished. Delayed yard maintenance that should have been done in the Fall always comes back to bite you in the Spring. We hope to not have to do this again next year.

Now that the weather is warming up I will be spending 2-3 days a week working on our old house that will be put up for sale soon.

Wishing everyone a good Monday.

Our hummingbirds are back for the season. I put the first bottle of food out for them yesterday and in no time there were 4 or 5 hanging around it all day. I make my own hummer food. In a month or so I will be making a gallon every other day.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning y'all. We had a lovely Easter lunch yesterday. All my in-laws came and my niece too. I had Greg & Roxy to help with preparations. Greg & Roxy left late in the afternoon headed for home. She has a car appointment this morning or they would have stayed longer. Any time is better than no time. A quiet day today as hubby has to work. I may get into my sewing room then.

Have a great day everyone.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good morning all! We went to my moms for Easter. One of my brothers and his children, and their children were there. Along with my sisters son and daughter and her hubby. My two kids and DS girlfriend. We had a nice time!

I am still struck with this cold/sinus infection...my whole face has swollen....I started on some antibiotic on Friday...but not enough to rid myself of it so I will go by the doctor today I think. It's been a doozy!

Blondie you are right...laughter is the best medicine!

Everyone have a great day!
          Mary
          SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Good morning! Easter was quiet here, just DH and me and DH napped most of the afternoon. He goes full blast Monday thru Friday and crashes on weekends, especially Sundays. I sewed some yesterday, finishing the last of nine blocks for a "sample" quilt top that I'll use for a lesson at the guild later this year. I chose Bonnie Hunter's Pineapple Blossom to teach and got Bonnie's personal blessing to use it. It's an easy design to sew (strips and squares) and it goes together beautifully. Next steps are to finish the sample and kit up the fabric and instructions for each guild member to use during the lesson. This is when I'm glad we're a small group!
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Hi everyone! Easter arrived after a marathon church going session. Our church choir( which I am part of) sings at all Holy Week services, Easter Vigil lasted from 8-10:30 pm! So Easter morning, we were all about done in! I had some heavy cleaning yet to do to make the table and kitchen clean enough for us to fix a meal and eat in, didn't get too much more cleaned. I need to work on things a lilltle bit more because my sister and her husband are coming in Wednesday night!

Costuming for my show has been frustrating trying to costume a diva leading lady who hates everything! Let her find her own costume as far as I'm concerned.

Hope you all had a great Easter and have a great week!

Comment

Good morning everyone! We had a very nice completely relaxing day yesterday. DH & I sat outside under the trees and read our books for several hours......we even ate our lunch outside. We had a lazy lunch of chicken salad sandwiches. Called our son around noon.......they both found jobs this week......so that was great news. In the afternoon we visited with my parents for a while.

We enjoyed our day and hope all of you have a great week.

Blondie mentioned that laughing is good for us & it reminded of this video I saw over the weekend. I've seen it several times & it always makes me laugh. How many of you remember this song?!

Brian Williams Raps "Rapper's Delight" - YouTube
                Last edited by pcbatiks; April 21, 2014, 07:32 AM.
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Morning and Happy Monday! I'm not sure where the weekend went, but ok. I can do Monday. It's a bit overcast today and I believe we've got rain in the forecast. But that's ok, I'm looking forward to all those May flowers!

Easter was quiet here. Hubby and I went shopping at my favorite nursery, and I made a haul of flowers and he got some herbs for his garden. Off to the hardware store where we did even more damage to the budget, (I am nearly as dangerous in a hardware store as I am in a fabric store!) We came home and he cooked a delicious dinner with just us and my DD and DGD. Quiet, but nice. Early to bed.

I missed my yoga class twice last week, back at it today and I cannot wait. I need this. I can't believe the benefits to me and my well being. It's pretty amazing. I can sure tell when I miss it!

Lots to do around here today, and I am hoping to spend some time sewing. My Sister left me supplies for a rag quilt she wants, I'd really like to get a jump on that. I'm hoping to get her back over here soon, I miss her! We had SO much fun hanging out when she came to stay. She's the best therapy in the world for me....

Off to get the coffee on and get this day going. Have a wonderful day, Hugs/Prayers all 'round! SMILE!!!
                  sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Good morning and happy Monday to everyone! We also had a lovely Easter. First a sunrise service on the beach then home to begin the food prep. It was just my little family this year (me, hubby, youngest daughter and her boyfriend), but it was lovely, full of great food and lots of fun and laughter.

Hope you are all having a great start to the week and find time to get lots of quilting done today!
                    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Happy Monday everyone! We had a very nice day yesterday. We relaxed most of the day and I did some sewing until my oldest got here with Julia. We played and then ate around 6, since they had lunch at My daughters MIL's. Julia was so sweet and we had so much fun with her.
                      Today hubby is home and we are both just being lazy right now, but I will be getting into the sewing room soon. I cleaned it up a bit on Friday. I had done 3 or 4 projects without cleaning in between so it really needed it.
                      Hoping everyone has a great day! I'm off to do a little more reading and then off to the sewing room.
                      Cil
                      A quilt is a blanket of love
                      http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                      http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

good Easter... only5 of us,,, but DS is going well in FL...my prayers answered... If you trust.. God will give what is needed..

I got up for WA (early this week because of school vacation)..Libby,, I understand the benefit of exercise in the am!!
                        Now if I can just make myself go in the sewing room and "neaten up",,,, not shove stuff aside and stitch LOL
                        and ps.... I'm the resident "comedian" in the pool... it's better to see smiles and chuckles than serious sourpusses....
                        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Good Morning Friends,
                          Yesterday was a beautiful Easter Morning here in Utah. Our Church services were beautiful, and I came home humble and grateful.
                          We had a lovely dinner with our immediate family, and a quiet relaxing day the rest of the day. We really needed that, as Saturday was full of all kinds of family fun. My youngest son, 17, got up at 4:30am to go help with the Salt Lake City Marathon, I went to brunch with a couple of my siblings, then off to pick up his corsage, and get home for him to borrow my car. . . Prom Night. I made fresh cinnamon rolls for his dance group for after the dance, they were a big hit.

Today is another lovely spring morning, and thanks to Blondie's post, I have already had a good laugh! (..."tears of joy running down your leg..." hahahahaha, too dang true!)
                          Have a beautiful day, know that you matter to a whole lot of folks here, and that you are loved! Praying for many of you, with kindest regards. . . Sheri
                          sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Good Monday Morning Everyone!!!

I had a glorious 3-day weekend as we closed the office Good Friday but we are back at it again. Well for me I’m at it until noon as DD has group therapy today and I have to attend.

I spent a lot of my time over the weekend reading “Boom” by Tom Brokaw. It’s about the 60's era and all the things that transpired during that time. It’s not my usual kind of read but thought I would give it a go and it’s been quite interesting so far. I’ve always liked Tom Brokaw.

I did some sewing on my latest project which involves an applique stitch. I wasn’t paying a whole lot of attention and my needle was staying in the same place and the fabric (denim) work it’s way down into the feed dogs. Everything turned out okay but I just knew I had messed up either the fabric or my machine. DUH....PAY ATTENTION!! How would you NOT notice something like that. I wonder about myself sometimes. After that happened I decided to give sewing a rest for a bit.

Yesterday afternoon part of my family gathered for the annual Easter celebration. This is my dad and his brother’s families. All 53+ of us enjoyed lots of good food and catching up and the kids played until they were wore out. I surprised my DD Easter morning with a new tumbler full of Hershey kisses and a Snickers Bunny. Oh and also a little cat toy for the newest member in our little world. She was thrilled. Yes, even though she’s 20 she still got something from the Easter Bunny.

Other than that, I enjoyed my time at home with DD and the furbabies and soaked up a little sunshine that we were blessed with throughout the weekend.

As always Blondie, thanks for a good start for the day with your post. Have a blessed Monday!!!!
                            Sharon

Comment

I am happy to read you all had a wonderful weekend. The weather sure was wonderful! I aired my house out so it was nice.

Unfortunately, the weekend was not great for me...Archer went to his new home which was very difficult for me. I know he is happier, and they love him and think he is such a "gentleman", but I spent the rest of the day crying and hoping I'd done the right thing. Then Liam went for a sleep over and Scott and I had a marathon session of talking and crying. Still no further ahead to making any long term decisions so I am kind of living in limbo. Thank goodness my doctor put me off work!

I am trying to find something to smile about each day so here goes:

- I gave Willie (my yorkie) a bath and a haircut and he doesn't look totally ridiculous (although I'm sure my groomer would disagree)- my tulips are actually poking out of the ground so winter really MUST be gone and that is something to smile about
                              - I started quilting my sisters quilt...I have one "line" of stitching to rip out...it's the first and it looks like I was drunk when I did it...but the rest is going well and I hope to finish it in the next couple of days and then bind it.
                              - I enjoy binding quilts so I'm looking forward to that.
                              - I am able to visit this forum and learn every day - thank you all xox

So those are small things but they are something. Off to clean the kitchen now. Hoping you all have a wonderful day!! xox

Comment

Working...
                              X