"Shy Baby Dolls"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Shy Baby Dolls"

Does anybody make shy baby dolls? I just started making quilts but have been making shy baby dolls for about 20 years now and really enjoy it.

Re: "Shy Baby Dolls"

I've never heard of them.do you have pics to share? I've never made a real doll, but I am going to attempt one for my granddaughters birthday. We'll see what happens.
    Cil
    A quilt is a blanket of love
    http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
    http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

THANKS! WATCH FOR ME IN THE FUTURE

Comment

I'm new at this so will try to figure out how to send you a pic tomorrow.

Comment

You can post them right here in the thread. Look at the bar right above where your writing..there is a smile face..4 icons over there is a frame..click on that and you can upload a pic right from your computer..choose your image, then hit upload. It will now be included in your post. Good luck and if you have a problem, just ask.
          Cil
          A quilt is a blanket of love
          http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
          http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

I've never heard of shy baby dolls either. Would like to see one. Are they easy to make??

Comment

Are they made of cloth? I googled "shy baby dolls" but I don't see any baby dolls made of cloth. They all look like vinyl.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Never heard of them, but sure would like to see a picture.
                :icon_wave:Lisa

Comment

Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!!
                  Not that I really need another project that I "can't wait to try"....
                  "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                  that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I tried to send you a picture but they are in a file called IMG and this program doesn't seem to want to let me post it. Tomorrow a friend of mine is going to come over, hopefully she can help me out. Thanks for the info so far!

Comment

These dolls were at one time someone called cry babies, I call mine shy babies, I like that name better. My dolls are not made out of fibrefill with wire legs. Mine are all made out of wood and will stand forever. They are approximately 27 inches in height.
                      I donate a lot of them to organizations as fundraisers. They take anywhere from size infants to18 months clothes. I just made two for the wildlife federation in camouflage clothes,(which I make,) I think they're going to raffle these ones off. I came from a poor family when I was young and never had a doll until I was about 8 years old, guess that's why I make for other people now.

Comment

Dollymaker if you send me the picture to my email I can get the picture up for you. My addy is in my profile page.
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thanks Lori, but I don't see your email address in your profile.

Comment

Are they standing dolls dressed in small children's clothes that you only see their backsides as their faces are hidden?

Comment

Originally posted by dollymaker View Post
                              Thanks Lori, but I don't see your email address in your profile.
                              Opps it's under user notes in my profile. took me awhile know that was there. It's really handy when you want to get back to stuff.
                              Last edited by Hulamoon; April 21, 2014, 11:39 PM.
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X