Frederick MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frederick MD

I'll be heading to Frederick next month and am wondering if anyone knows of any good quilt shops there. I found the website for a place called Needles and Pins and I'll probably drop by there.

Any place else I should try and get to?

Re: Frederick MD

Capital Quilts in Gaithersburg is a great shop. Also G Street Fabrics has a shop - the main store in fact, in MD. But I'm not sure of the address. Depending on how much time you have there are several nice shops in the VA area of town also.
    Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

I've been to the one in Gaithersburg. It's nice. There are others in MD and Va that I'm hoping to get to if I can get a seat on the bus trip my LQS is planning in Nov.

Comment

When were you to Capital Quilts? The shop is under new ownership as of about a year ago I think. You will find it to be a new visit. Keep me posted about when you are visiting,. there are alot of neat shops that will suck you in!
        Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

Needles and Pins is a cute shop but very small and not much selection and I didn't find the lady working the counter the day I visited to be particularly helpful. She never asked if I needed any help and when I asked about Aurifil thread she offered to order some for me rather than telling me anything about whatever thread lines they carry. (if someone is ordering Aurifil thread, I'll just do that myself, avoid the store markup and have it delivered straight to my house, thanks.)

Patches Quilting is my local, about 25 miles down the road from Frederick in Mt Airy. Good selection, friendly people. They hardly carry any precuts but a respectable batik, civil war repro, childrens prints, and other general quilting fabrics. They have a clearance section. It is in an old house off main street so it is a cute area.

Capitol Quilts s a nice store but no one really seemed too interested in offering me help while I shopped. If you are a woman I suspect your mileage may vary.

If you make it to Patches and let me know in advance I'd be happy to meet you there to say hello (with or without Little Man) and there might even be a dozen farm fresh eggs in it for you.
          Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

On a non-quilting note:

While in Frederick you have to check out LOVE oil and vinegar. They offer free samples of dozens of high quality oils and vinegars. The 18 year aged balsamic is amazing drizzled over roasted veggies of any sort.

Another stop should be McCutcheons Apple Products (although they make a bunch of non-apple stuff too). Their apple butter bbq sause is amazing on pork and they have all sorts of other canned sauces and preserves.
            Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

Working...
            X