Saturday - what a beautiful day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday - what a beautiful day!

Anyone up and moving yet? I had the dog out this morning and we saw a huge woodpecker. Boy, was he beautiful.
    I need to spend some time outdoors, just a beautiful Spring Day.
    But, I also need to spend some time in The Cotton Patch (my quilt room). I sewed some disappearing 4 patch blocks together and am trying to decide if I should just sew them all together or put sashing in between the blocks. Or just turn it into a huge bag. Not sure what I want to do with it. Of course, the fabric I found in my stash just isn't the right color. Haha, my DH would surely think I am nuts.
    Anyways, have a great day and make sure you SMILE!

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Re: Saturday - what a beautiful day!

Good Morning. Yes, Trish it is a beautiful day. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. DH is going to go play some music with some of his friends later this morning so I will have the house to myself. We did major cleaning last weekend so I think I can get away with a quick run through the rooms, then I will put my lasagna together for tomorrow's dinner and then off to my Studio I go. (btw, love the name of your quilt room)

I still haven't heard anything about the job I applied for at work. I am not stressing about it though. Trying to de-stress as much of my life as possible.

This is a busy week for us. Of course, we have Easter tomorrow, then the next day is my step-daughters birthdays (twins), then our grandson turns 4 on Wednesday (son of the elder twin) with his birthday party being on Saturday which happens to be our 11th Anniversary. And I am preparing things for a Craft Fair I am doing in CT on May 4. So much to do, but so much fun.

Guess I'd better hop to it. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning. Up and at 'em since 6. Getting turkey ready for the oven. I am cooking it today because I need the oven tomorrow for buns and dessert.

Hopefully I can get those danged place mats finished today and give them to her tomorrow.

Happy Easter my forum friends. Safe travels.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Happy Easter Eve! The sun is shining here and it is up to 51 degrees already. It is supposed to rain later today and into tomorrow. The Nit-Wits are going to go out for Easter Brunch tomorrow. We decided none of us wanted to cook.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Easter.

Comment

Happy Easter everyone! Sunny and beautiful today. I hope to get some work done outside but I also want to quilt. Decisions, decisions. Enjoy your day whatever you decide to do!!
          Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I woke at 4:42 this morning and finally gave up and got out of bed at 5:30. Had a cup of tea and gathered up all of Archers things and got ready to go. It's a GORGEOUS day...nice day for a drive. Hope to sandwich my sisters quilt later today and start quilting it! Excited for the plans I have for it and can't wait to see how it turns out!

Have a fantabulous day everyone! Xox

Comment

Good morning. A few years ago we had a little woodpecker that was super friendly. He would eat out of your hand. He would go between our house and the neighbor. One day he wasn't there. A few months later this little woodpecker family showed up and hung around for a day or two. He went and found a mate and I guess she didn't believe he had people so he had to come show her!

Today making quilt labels and house cleaning. Love and hugs to all.
              Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
              Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Good morning! Sun is shining here too! Was up early because the cable guy was supposed to be here between 8 and 8:30 with a call 15 minutes prior to coming....he just got here and got it fixed! Woohoo!

Need to get the house cleaned and some stuff made for tomorrow - we are hosting Easter dinner. I am doing the ham, deviled eggs and 7 layer salad. Sis is bringing a pasta salad. Not sure what the brothers will come up with. Doesn't matter as long as we are all together for a part of the day.
                Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Morning all,
                  I'm a little late today. I called all the grand kids this morning and said breakfast is on us who wanted to go out with us, one had to work but the others made it. A great way to start the day!
                  Don't have much prep work for Easter as it's just my husband and me. The grandkids will stop by for their cards and goodies and want to go to the cemetary with us to put flowers on their greatgrandma's grave. They really adored her and come with us whenever they can.
                  Tomorrow is steaks on the grill, along with grilled veggies, a roasted potato salad, and pastries for dessert ( if dh doesn't eat them all before then!).
                  I've got my potatoes in the oven roasting and just have to make the vinaigrette dressing for them, then let then sit so the flavors blend together,yum!
                  Had a good visit with my sister yesterday and of course it involved quilt talk,fabric, and future projects!

Hugs to all in need, enjoy this beautiful day!
                  If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Yuummyyyyy.......deviled eggs sound good........could someone bring me one! Well.........never mind.......that could be dangerous!

We spent the day yesterday spreading dirt around the yard after having a mechanical system put in last week.......beautiful weekend!

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter!
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Working...
                    X