Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Do You Buy Clothes After Gaining Weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Do You Buy Clothes After Gaining Weight?

Three years ago I was on high doses of steroids for severe asthma. I gained 30 lbs and it has not come off. So I finally admitted it won't come off and need to buy new clothes. Of course the pants must be elastic waists. I like Aflred Dunner pants but not so much the tops. I thought of Coldwater Creek, and saw online they have filed bankruptcy and all stores will be closed by summer. I've never had much luck with Kohl's finding clothes that fit me. My sister buys a lot there but I can't find any.

What's a girl to do??

Re: Where Do You Buy Clothes After Gaining Weight?

Do you have a CJ Banks in your area? Love their clothes. I try to hit them at sale times-should have one coming up for Mother's Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Susann View Post
      Do you have a CJ Banks in your area? Love their clothes. I try to hit them at sale times-should have one coming up for Mother's Day.
      I just saw where you live. I'm in Louisville and I just looked it up. The closest one is the outlet malls at Edinburgh. Exit 76B! lol I've been there many times! DH used to work in Indy for a few years and when I would go up for the weekend my car automatically pulled off at 76B!

Comment

I'm in Canada so we shop at Penningtons or Additionelle...that's IT for me. I had good luck at Lane Bryant but I'm probably much bigger than you.

Comment

Walmart might surprise you.

Comment

Walmart Just My Size Jeans are my salvation!

Comment

Jean - do you buy a size larger because of the shrinkage? . .

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
              Walmart Just My Size Jeans are my salvation!
              2015 is here
              Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

I get Ryder or Chic jeans from K-Mart, they work for me. I shop my local thrift or consignment shops for tops and dresses. I happen to be in an area where there are plenty of wealthy ladies 'up on the hill' that donate to the same shops that I look through, I can often find wonderful items that I would never find in the local stores, for 6-8 dollars each.
                sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Wal Mart is about the only place I buy pants. They actually carry some very nice slacks.

For everything else, I shop at Dress Barn Woman. Great clothes with an upscale look but a budget-conscious price.
                  Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

You would be surprised at Khol's "on line" so much better choice than in the store... many stores will have just what I need on the internet, and once you find a brand and size you can work with,,, it's so much easier... Jean hit it on the head... JMS fits well for those of us with "fluffy" bodies...LOL and they do come in "lengths" which for me is a must.. my biggest problem is getting tops that are not down to my knees... "hemming" is not really an option for many knits, other than the ones I can cut and not have to sew...Marshall's has nice things occasionally at great price on clearance.. for me.. I buy "slinky" knit whenever possible and always BLACK pants.. they last and go with everything...
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Ciao. I love that they carry cute fashion stuff. They always have a thing or two on the clearance rack I like also. My niece shops at Lane Bryant.

Comment

Lands End has some really great clothing and great sales and clearance prices.

Comment

Originally posted by CountryHut View Post
                          Jean - do you buy a size larger because of the shrinkage? . .
                          Yeh! That's why the number is so big! No, I just buy my regular size. Jeans might shrink a bit when washed, but they seem to stretch back out as you wear them. I buy the size with the big W behind the number.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
                            I just saw where you live. I'm in Louisville and I just looked it up. The closest one is the outlet malls at Edinburgh. Exit 76B! lol I've been there many times! DH used to work in Indy for a few years and when I would go up for the weekend my car automatically pulled off at 76B!
                            I love the Louisville area-except for the horrible allergy issue. Can't believe that I've never been to the Edinburgh outlet. But, have family that always stops there on the way to Bloomington.

Comment

I ,too, have gained 30lbs. Maybe I'm cheap but I love Comfortable, Casual Plus Size Clothing for Women | Woman Within.
                              Mary :icon_popcorn:

Comment

Working...
                              X