Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tute for How to make a tote!!!

Hey Everybody,
    I returned to work to day and made it just fine.Not 100% yet but soooo much better than yesterday. As everyone has requested a tute for how I make all these totes I thought I would let you know where I got the "pattern". There is a tutorial on youtube. Search "Lets quilt #26 and 27. This lady tells you how to cut it out and put it together with real good instructions. I don't use the fusible interfacing though I use a heavy duty interfacing and attach that to the outside fabric by sewing close to the edge of it before I ever put it together. I add something different to each tote I make. I probably would make a good enough tutorial without confusing everybody but I think this will give yall a good idea as to how I do it. Good luck to you all and anybody that has any questions just Private message me and I will help in any way I can. You will all be hooked like I am once you start making these.The are sew fun and asy you will love it. Hugs to all.
    Rhonda

Re: Tute for How to make a tote!!!

So glad that you are feeling better!! Thanks, also, for the tute.

Comment

Thanks so much Rhonda.
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Rhonda I am so glad you feeling better. I have watch the tuts and am heading for the sewing machine thanks so much for the info. Linda

Comment

Hi Rhonda,
          Thank-U for sharing your ~Little Secret~
          Luved the Videos.....

~Glad you are feeling better~

:icon_popcorn:~When life throws you scraps make a quilt.~

Comment

Glad you feel better Rhonda and thanks a lot for the info on the totes.
            sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Rhonda, glad you are feeling better, and thanks for posting your secret. Now may I pick your brain? I want to make a different size tote, so can you tell me how long your straps are.

Comment

Will have to check this out Rhonda...thanks for posting, I've been wanting to make one!
                LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Hi girls, just need to have a little vent. I love Rhonda's totes and am anxious to make one. So after watching the video I cut out the fabric and then realised I needed the iron on pellon. So I went to Spotlight which I think would be equivalent to your Joanne's store. AND the price of a metre of iron on pellon was $29.95 I almost fell over and it's only 20" wide. I thought WHAT AN EXPENSIVE TOTE THIS IS GOING TO BE.... so anyway I will use it (like gold) but in the future use a heavy weight interfacing, as Rhonda suggested... I should have re-read her posts before shopping..............I just feel a little ripped off....
                  cheers
                  Wendy
                  Wendy
                  A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
                  https://facebook.com/WendyJQuilts

Comment

Whoa, that sounds expensive! Do you know what the relationship of your dollar to the American dollar is? I'm sure we pay a LOT less than that in the US.

Comment

At the moment our dollar is just over the US dollar............. go figure........ the savings are definately not be passed onto the consumer..
                      Wendy
                      A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
                      https://facebook.com/WendyJQuilts

Comment

I feel If I don't Make One.... My Life will not Be Complete.
                        So I hope it comes out as Gr8 as all of you who have taken that Leap of Faith.
                        So today I went to Joanns to choose some nice fabric but got all confused on what kind to purchase.
                        I wasn't sure if the lady from the Tote Bag Video used a Home Decor... or Cotton... or or..or...
                        So I closed my eyes and just picked two Volts(yes, I made sure it was on sale) and took them straight to the cutting table B-4 I changed my Mind... Again. Figured (Once Cut I could not return it) Smart Huhh? LOL.
                        So let's see how it goes.

Light up a little candle for Me Gurlz....
                        I'll post Pics of My PICCASO DISIGN ...
                        Oye Vayyy!!!
                        Off to go watch that video for the Trillion time.

Comment

Thank you Rhonda and glad you are feeling better. Hugs, Jan L
                          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Hi Everyone...
                            Rhonda if I may add to the Tote tutorial you shared with Us "Thank_You",,
                            The Episode #22 were Helen shows Everyone the pattern for the "FRIENDSHIP POCKET" as well as the fabrics you'll need
                            for the whole Tote Bag Project this is a 4 Part video.
                            The printable instructions is included on this link.

http://www.harwoodpodcast.com/letsqu...ar-part-1.html

Comment

Working...
                            X