Road Trip Headache....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road Trip Headache....

This is Cyndi's DH, Jonas, from our room at the MQX show. We had a great day walking the show and visiting with friends (including forum member Quilter Martha). It is a great show - each year seems as good as the last!

But the busy day has resulted in a migraine for Cyndi - the worst that she has had in some time. Any prayers and positive thoughts are welcome. Please pray that the headache is relieved and that she can get a good night's sleep. We would like tomorrow to be as nice as today was.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Re: Road Trip Headache....

I'm praying right now. So glad you're having a great time but headaches - I totally sympathize with - lost two days to them this week alone. So I've got your back, Cyndi and DH Jonas. You can count on me tonight!

Comment

Will definitely put you two on our prayer list for tonight. Not good to miss any day because of a migraine! DH Jonas...how are you doing?
      "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
      :D

Comment

hoping that she is feeling well in the morning.
        Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Ice pack on back of the neck...where your skull connects to your neck!
          Mary
          SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Poor Cyndi! Prayers for sure. Migraines are no fun at all.
            Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Kateskloset View Post
              DH Jonas...how are you doing?
              Hi Julie - thanks for asking! I am doing well; it was a fun day after all, but I hate for Cyn to suffer through these things. I have been editing pictures and emailing. Now I am hiding in a corner of the room with a pillow wall so that the light from the laptop won't reach Cyndi's eyes! She is feeling a little better (she ate a little, which is good), and we are quietly talking about posts on the forum and facebook, etc.

Here is one of Cyndi's favorite quilts from the day...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by cyndiofthevortex; April 11, 2014, 08:39 PM.
              Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Ooh... nice :-) I hope Cyndi feels better so you both have a lovely day tomorrow! A friend in Haverill, MA told me about the expo that you are enjoying..... she said it's amazing and I should try to get there! (I was at the sew/quilt expo in Worcester, MA today :-))

Comment

DH Jonas ~ It may sound weird but the best advice (that worked for me) was from a Dr. that I met at 3am one day in Wal-Mart. I was looking for something to take and he recommended eating a full-sized chocolate bar and then washing down an acetaminophen with a cola. It worked within 15 minutes! Of course I was caffeine free when I found this cure. If she is a regular caffeine drinker (coffee or tea) it may not work.

Here's an interesting link with great points of view: 5 Experts Answer: Does Caffeine Cause or Cure Headaches? | LiveScience

Hope she can enjoy the rest of the show!

Comment

Poor Cyndi, hope she feels better soon! Thank you, Jonas!

Comment

Hi Jonas......tell Cyndi I am saying a prayer right now. I hope the two of you rest well tonight and have a fun relaxing day tomorrow. The quilt picture you posted is so pretty!
                      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Thanks for the news Jonas. Will have her in my prayers.
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

Me too, I'm praying now and heading to bed, blessings and healing, and sleep for both of you.
                          sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Poor Cyndi. Migraines are no fun at all. I can only see half of what's in front of me when I get one - no good when looking at quilts! Hope you're better now.

Comment

Aren't you grand Jonas keeping us informed about Cyndi. While it is terrible to get such a big migraine, getting one while you are at a quilt show is really terrible. Hope her meds or the remedies suggested here work ASAP. Thanks for the photos, outstanding quilt.

Comment

Working...
                              X