A glimmer of adoption hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A glimmer of adoption hope

Hoping and praying this new development will work in your families favor. Been thinking about all of you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Sweet Cyndi, my heart swells, just thinking about you and that sweet little darling. You have my faith, prayers, hope, and love.
      sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

I'm glad the gal is aware now. they should have been all along. someone dropped the ball. i am thinking about you and hope all goes well.
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Originally posted by Ginny B View Post
          Couldn't they work something out where his grandmother can still be in his life just as his grandma and you as his parents?
          My DD and SIL practice open adoption. The birth parents of their two boys have limited visitation opportunities and the boys' two grandmothers have unlimited access to the boys. We are one big happy family, celebrating events and holidays together. Sue would join us in this life and would always (within reason) be a part of C's life, of our lives. She knows this and has known it since the beginning.
          Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

This has been so heartbreaking. Please keep us posted on the outcome. Do you have any idea how the little guy is doing under his grandmother's care? So unfair to do this to this child. The emotional trauma being caused is just sooooo wrong in my opinion.
            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Praying daily for this situation. Hugs!
              Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Will keep you and little "C" in my prayers. Such a sad situation for everyone.
                Cil
                A quilt is a blanket of love
                http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
                  Do you have any idea how the little guy is doing under his grandmother's care?
                  Sue tells B that he cries a lot and spends most of the time asking for Mommy and to go home. Sue calls B when C is really upset so that B can comfort him over the phone. He is hysterical at bedtime and wakes up throughout the night calling for Mommy. He is now staying over there 3 nights a week. He comes home exhausted and he does not let B out of his sight for a moment. He has to sleep in a bed right next to their bed. It is taking a toll on him and we hate to see it.
                  Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by cyndiofthevortex View Post
                    Sue tells B that he cries a lot and spends most of the time asking for Mommy and to go home. Sue calls B when C is really upset so that B can comfort him over the phone. He is hysterical at bedtime and wakes up throughout the night calling for Mommy. He is now staying over there 3 nights a week. He comes home exhausted and he does not let B out of his sight for a moment. He has to sleep in a bed right next to their bed. It is taking a toll on him and we hate to see it.
                    Cyndi, does the Guardian ad litem know about how stressed C is at his grandmother's house? If she/he didn't know about the grandmother's request to take him maybe they don't know about other details either. I hope and pray that it makes a difference.
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
                      Cyndi, does the Guardian ad litem know about how stressed C is at his grandmother's house?
                      As far as I know, the GAL does not know. She has not talked to Sue or B. The social workers may know but they also have not asked B about how C is doing during this transition time. Maybe Sue has told them and maybe not. This is the least professional job we've seen the state do so far in the years since B has been fostering. Maybe it's common but this has not been our experience.

To add to the confusion, C's natural mother is in denial that her parental rights are about to be terminated, so at every visit C is being told that he is going to come and live with her very soon. He sees her twice a week and comes home crying as well. This is all breaking our hearts.
                      Cyndi

Comment

Do they ever talk to the child? Seems like that would be big factor. Or is that only real on TV shows? Sue should already realize how much this is hurting him.
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

My heart just breaks for C. So confusing for him. His biological family seems to be causing more harm than good.
                          Sharon

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed!!
                            ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Originally posted by cyndiofthevortex View Post
                              This is so incredibly heartbreaking to read. That poor wee boy. :'(

Comment

and can't you contact this Guardian person directly and tell her what is going on? This is so terribly unfair!

Comment

Working...
                                X