Working from Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working from Home

I have been unemployed since Dec 2010. I had been working 10 hour days for 9 months, I had asked my employer many times for help, but no matter the options I gave them, they would not give me any help. So I felt I only had one move to make and I quit.

So now I am looking for work, but would like to work from home. So I just thought that there are lots of people on this forum from all over the world that might have some good ideas. I have lots of office and accounting experience, & of course I sew (but sewing does not have to be a part of it).

So if you have any ideas on how to find or start an legitimate job/business working at home, would be great.

I look forward to hearing all your ideas.

JVO
    JVO

Re: Working from Home

sorry to hear that. Maybe you can do bookkeeping for small businesses? some owners try do do it all and get overwhelmed by the paperwork.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I have a friend who's a dog groomer, she makes good money, always busy, and she get's to do it from home. Just a thought.
      :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Good luck JVO. I would like to do that too so I'll be eagerly reading the ideas you get. I've been on this job (admin asst in a general contracting construction company) for over 16yrs and am getting very fed up.

Hope you find something that suits you at home. Good Luck!!!
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Would it be profitable to join a League of Craftsmen or similiar type....and then sell your wares that way? Have you thought about doing long arm quilting? I wonder if there is a way to combine your love of quilting with your accounting skills? (doing books for a quilt shop, etc?) And who makes all the 'samples' that one sees in a quilt shop or even in a magazine? Sorry you came up against this bump in the road, JVO. You know what is said when a door closes....a window opens! Good luck with everything.

Comment

Great idea meemeecyn! Might be just the thing. I'll be interested to read the suggestions that you get.
            Susan

Comment

Working...
            X