• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carol_Ann
    replied
    Re: Hi I just wanted to let you guys know

Hi, Lisa !
    I went through complete knee replacement last fall. Bone on bone in both knees. I am so angry at myself that I put it off for so many years & suffered with pain & missed out on so many occassions because I couldn't keep up. I lost 20 pounds before the surgery & that made a world of difference in my recovery. Look at the bright side.... you are young ... therefore will recover faster, you are a candidate for the surgery .... some are not or have no insurance coverage, you probably have family & friends who will help you during recovery and you will have a mini vacation to read, sew, etc.. GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

Lisa, I'm so sorry you need to have this done, but from what the other gals are saying, it'll be an improvement for you. Hang in there!

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Lisa, I too need a knee replacement in the future. I was in a car accident 15 years ago and my knee got wedged up against the dash. But they keep telling me I am too young (51). I can live with it the way it is for now. After many, many surgeries I don't look forward to any more.

Take care,
    Monique

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

Hi Lisa
    I am sure you are aware that many of your quilty sisters here are praying for you and your health. Many of these have already experienced this and it sounds encouraging! I know when you are in pain it is hard to think of anything else. You are loved.
    Always blessed
    Blondie

Leave a comment:

• TheNovice
    replied

Hi do not despair I had total need replacement a year ago (3/2010) I am doing well. The key is to do your therepy after surgery. At present I am preparing for my second total knee replacement in June. I'm looking forward to it so my the pain will be gone. My diagnosis sounds the sam as yours. Keep the faith and continue to pray and have a positive attitude. Be blessed.

Leave a comment:

• tamsterg7
    replied

Oh, that's not good news - but I know after my Dad had his knee replacement he felt like a new guy. Key to recovery is doing the therapy!

Leave a comment:

• Susan M
    replied

All the best to you. It is always tough losing weight but tougher when your knee is bad. Keep the faith and good luck.

Leave a comment:

• sally
    replied

Do not dispair. My second cousin had a full knee replacement at 90 and is doing just fine. She is 97 now!

Leave a comment:

• meemeecyn
    replied

Thoughts of you, too, Lisa. It sounds like you have been having a real tough time. Been battling weight my whole life, so I know how hard that is. Grammababs is right....do what is right for you! You know you best!!!!

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

You hang in there Lisa... i've been diagnosed with RA.... but have been lucky.. no flares for a while... don't know why they wait til' you can't stand it anymore... but do what you think is right for YOU... and i'll pray for you... (i too need to drop a few, for extra help)... but we all know that's not easy...

Leave a comment:

• EsGrandma
    replied

Sorry Lisa - know that this doesn't help, but you do have friends that care.

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

Sorry about the news on your knee, Lisa. I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time.

Leave a comment:

• Loonwatcher
    replied

Lisa, so sorry you have to go through this. I too know many people who have been very successful with knee replacements. Now stop this talk about ending up in a wheelchair. You'll come through this just fine. Beside, you can still sew in a wheelchair. You sound like a real upbeat gal who will make the best out of any situation. Don't forget, you'll come out on top!

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• Lisaau
    replied

I'm only 45 yrs old .....just too young to be needing a knee replacement.......sigh!!! I've always felt l'd end up in a wheel chair

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

Ugh! Mom has had the Synvisc stuff injected in there to help lube up the bone on bone rubbing. She says it helps some. She's up for a knee replacement soon too.
    Glad to hear that your new knees are working so well Sandy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X