Hi I just wanted to let you guys know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I just wanted to let you guys know

I saw my specailist last friday for my post-op review and he showed us some pics from the op and my cartlidge is all but gone so it's bone rubbing on bone and its caused the surface layer to be rubbed away and l've got raw pink bone rubbing together....I had bone spurs and calcium deposits removed and he said my knee is compeletly shot and beyond repair and that l need a full knee replacement. He want me to lose weight to help my knee and to go for as long as l can before l have the knee replaced. But it will be done sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Lisaau; May 19, 2011, 07:48 AM.
    "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
    :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Re: Hi I just wanted to let you guys know

Oh Lisa!! Well at least you can move towards feeling better! I've known several friends that have had this done with great success. Keep us posted!
    Good luck!
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Lisa, take it from someone who has been there - replacing the knee is easy compared to the surgery you just went through. I wouldn't go back at all. BUT, I put up with my pain for about 10 years before they would replace them, just because of my age. I'm going on 4 years with mechanical knees and definitely can tell the improvement!!!
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Ugh! Mom has had the Synvisc stuff injected in there to help lube up the bone on bone rubbing. She says it helps some. She's up for a knee replacement soon too.
        Glad to hear that your new knees are working so well Sandy.
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm only 45 yrs old .....just too young to be needing a knee replacement.......sigh!!! I've always felt l'd end up in a wheel chair
          "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
          :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

Lisa, so sorry you have to go through this. I too know many people who have been very successful with knee replacements. Now stop this talk about ending up in a wheelchair. You'll come through this just fine. Beside, you can still sew in a wheelchair. You sound like a real upbeat gal who will make the best out of any situation. Don't forget, you'll come out on top!

Hugs,
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Sorry about the news on your knee, Lisa. I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Sorry Lisa - know that this doesn't help, but you do have friends that care.

Comment

You hang in there Lisa... i've been diagnosed with RA.... but have been lucky.. no flares for a while... don't know why they wait til' you can't stand it anymore... but do what you think is right for YOU... and i'll pray for you... (i too need to drop a few, for extra help)... but we all know that's not easy...
                  "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                  that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Thoughts of you, too, Lisa. It sounds like you have been having a real tough time. Been battling weight my whole life, so I know how hard that is. Grammababs is right....do what is right for you! You know you best!!!!

Comment

Do not dispair. My second cousin had a full knee replacement at 90 and is doing just fine. She is 97 now!
                      sigpic
                      Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

All the best to you. It is always tough losing weight but tougher when your knee is bad. Keep the faith and good luck.
                        Susan

Comment

Oh, that's not good news - but I know after my Dad had his knee replacement he felt like a new guy. Key to recovery is doing the therapy!

Comment

Hi do not despair I had total need replacement a year ago (3/2010) I am doing well. The key is to do your therepy after surgery. At present I am preparing for my second total knee replacement in June. I'm looking forward to it so my the pain will be gone. My diagnosis sounds the sam as yours. Keep the faith and continue to pray and have a positive attitude. Be blessed.

Comment

Hi Lisa
                              I am sure you are aware that many of your quilty sisters here are praying for you and your health. Many of these have already experienced this and it sounds encouraging! I know when you are in pain it is hard to think of anything else. You are loved.
                              Always blessed
                              Blondie
                              Sewing mends the soul.
                              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
                              X