CHANGED LOCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHANGED LOCKS

Several of you know I have been having trouble with my (& auntiemern's niece) who is living in the home we own behind our home. Well today, the straw broke the camel's back. They (her and her idiot, lazy, good for nothing, piece of crap boyfriend) left early Friday to go to Cuba, Missouri (supposedly is grandpa had a heart attack-I don't believe anything they tell me). I get a call at 11 am this morning (Sunday) from my sister (my niece's mom-not my niece) asking me to go let the dog out. They left and made ZERO provisions for the dog. The little guy has been over there for 48 hours with no way to go outside, no food, no water, nothing. She could have sent me a text message asking me to take care of the dog while they were gone.

I went over and got the dog and looked around to check on things and found out the TV that I bought my niece is missing (the boyfriend pawned it), the Wii my sister (niece's mom) bought her grandson is gone (he "CLAIMS" he gave it to some who is putting games on it). They have taken money from my nephew's jingle jar (piggy bank). There are dirty glasses and food all over the place.
    "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Re: CHANGED LOCKS

You have my support. I woulda kicked em to the curb months ago...let me rephrase that....he would have NEVER been allowed to stay there, and if she didn't like it...there's the door.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

Poor dog Don't give him back, rotten owners. Well didn't Marilyn tell you to kick them out? Stick to your guns. Maybe pack up their stuff and put it out in the garage. Geesh, how ungrateful.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Being a doormat doesn't help anybody, especially YOU! The longer you help these leeches, the longer it will take for them to learn another way of life. Sorry. It hurts, I know, but I also know YOU are not helping at all. Sorry. I know you mean better, but SORRY, it didn't work. Change the locks.

O yeah, Pack that stuff up and have it sitting outside the door. No entrance to the property. Call the law if necessary.

Comment

Good for you!

Comment

You may have to let them back in if they decide to fight you. The Law is that you have to give them 30 days notice, even if they have no lease. Because you let them live there. If you have no written agreement with her, he can stay too. It's a 3 ring circus to be a landlord. My MIL is one and her tenants yank her chain all the time. A 30 day eviction usually ends up taking 90 days by the time you serve them, they refuse to leave and you file with the Sheriff to set them out. It's crazy.

In the mean time, they will be able to come and go as they please. Your best hope is that she won't fight you because of your being family. And or that you can sit him out while dealing with getting her out.

I could check on a few things for you, but you may want to research the guidelines in your state. Good Luck

Comment

I don't think they will fight it....especially now that he knows for sure you have his #. Turn off the internet and cable....they won't stay without that.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

They abandoned the house and the dog. Here in Ohio if you let someone move in and then want them out you have to evict them....unless they leave on their own or abandon the property. Don't let them back in to get anything.
                Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
                  I don't think they will fight it....especially now that he knows for sure you have his #. Turn off the internet and cable....they won't stay without that.
                  Definitely turn off those if it's in your name. You can turn off the lights too... just not the water, or the heat if it's winter. I would check to be sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyequilter View Post
                    They abandoned the house and the dog. Here in Ohio if you let someone move in and then want them out you have to evict them....unless they leave on their own or abandon the property. Don't let them back in to get anything.
                    She can't keep their belongings. She has to let them get that stuff out. She may check to see if she can pack it up and sit it out without the Sheriff. There may be more to abandonment than being gone 2 days or a weekend.

Comment

http://ago.mo.gov/publications/landlordtenant.pdf

Here is the Missouri Landlord Tenant regulations ... Your answers should be in here. I did read that when she let him move in, you can double any rent she was paying.

But, you can't turn off any utilities unless you have done all notifications required by your agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyequilter View Post
                        Now that you mention it, I think in Ohio, if they are pregnant, I don't think you can even evict. I heard it, but I'm not sure of it. Thank goodness we got rid of the trailer we had, every Tom, Dick and Harry with a bad luck story tried to rent it, and it took us once to learn to never ever ever do it again. We tore it down.

Comment

I have been a landlord since 1999 so I am pretty familiar with all of the laws concerning the eviction process. However, the laws are different if the landlord suspects that there is illegal activity taking place on the premise. The useless POS (we are 98 % sure) broke into the neighbor's house (they broke into her dad's house this past week). I also suspect there are illegal substances being used on the premises. I already told her she could come get her stuff but he was not allowed back down here, not even to bring her down here. He shows up, I'll have him arrested for trespassing. I also told her she could stay but he had to go and was not allowed to come back with her. All I told her was I was changing the locks but not to come back right now because I was po'd about the dog. If she doesn't come back, then she technically left of her own free will.

The little dog is her son's but right now, I don't trust anyone else to take care of him. She is going to have to prove to me that she will take care of the dog and the POS has to be out of the picture.
                          Last edited by Rhonda D. Matzker; April 6, 2014, 04:34 PM.
                          "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Comment

Poor pup. You could nail him for animal cruelty for sure. Good on you,changing the locks was a great idea! However, if she's back in, good luck keeping him out. Stick to your guns!
                            Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                            Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Without sounding condescending I have to say I am so proud of you for finally doing something about them!! That poor dog!! Thats HORRIFYING what they did! Poor thing. I hope she will grow up and get that loser out of her life. So sad. Stick to your guns! We all support you! And if you can't let Marilyn at them....she'll fix their wee red wagons I'm sure!!

Comment

Working...
                              X