• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Wednesday Greetings

It's Wednesday Folksies! Yep. It will be Wednesday all day long. Speaking of long days - ever notice the truisms out there, like, time flies when you're having fun?

Yesterday afternoon my DD surprised me with a visit. We chat on the phone a lot, but visit not so much as we were able to in the past. Her job hours are nutsy. I see her hubs more than her. Anyway, Sarah and I are always good companions. She likes to say that I make the best sister. She wanted me to run to the stinking Walmart with her. Anyone who knows me KNOWS I would rather take a beating than go to that store. All sorts of inbred, stinky and rude people flock to ours. I declare that Walmart People stake it out just o update their photo wall. So, it is not my favorite place. It just so happens to be our "only" place. You folks in larger areas that have a choice where to shop - you just don't know how very blessed you are. I remember when we had small mom and pop stores here in my town but not these days so much. Everyone loves to buy from China. Even their fresh food.

So, there I go wandering in my head again. DD Sarah came to visit, we wound up going to the Walmart in the next town over, and we were blessed with the bestest music on the radio. Sarah and I love to sing. We cannot carry a tune in a tin bucket. We laughed and sang and reminisced about so many things in her young life. We made our plans for Easter dinner and other get togethers in between.

Time went so fast before we both had to make dinner. Time really does fly . . .

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• MayinJerset
    Missouri Star
    • May 2012

Re: Wednesday Greetings

Blondie, Happy that you and Sarah has such a good time going to Walmart, not my favorite place either but then I'm very lucky to live in a heavily populated area with many choices to shop.

Had a very nice small group meeting last night. Although the style of writing in the book we discussed was kind of difficult to follow at times we enjoyed learning about the Atomic Girls of Oak Ridge Tennessee where they helped develop the Atomic Bomb. We also discussed our guild's upcoming quilt show and how we are doing with our quilts for the show. We need to have our registration forms submitted by April 17 so I better get myself in gear. Registration form includes size, category and a photo so plans can begin for the layout of the quilts throughout the 3 buildings and barn in a local historical park. Finished quilts are handed in a week before the show around May 10.

Comment

• EmmaB
      The Guild President
      • Mar 2013

Good morning !!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with DD. Don't ya just love days like that!!! I'm right there with ya about Wal-Mart. That place gives me a headache.

DD left for school yesterday. She woke up not feeling well. Even though she hasn't talked to me, I know she did not have a good weekend. She's stressed. It scares me a little when she gets this way as at times it's a first step back into what I call her black hole. I breathe and go on, but sometimes it gets hard to breathe. Before she left, I just gave her the biggest hug.

Going to try to get some material cut this morning so off I go! Everyone have a tremendous Wednesday!!
      Sharon

Comment

• dwil23
        Missouri Star
        • May 2012

I always say time flies whether I am having fun or not! Can you believe it is APRIL already? This year is 1/4 gone. Geesh.

I do my fair share of shopping at WalMart. We are fortunate enough to have quite a few to choose from. I pass 3 on my way home from work. The one that is closest to us, though, is not so affectionately know as "the ghettomart". Don't go there unless I really have to. I've always found it funny how the same store has different products in different stores. For instance, in my new town, which is more rural, you can buy chicken scratch and hog food! Never saw that at ghettomart!

I'm off for the next couple of nights. I started washing folding and organizing my stash yesterday. I am debating about buying comic boards for the larger pieces, but I don't know that I need anywhere near the 100 that comes to a package. Guess I will put the larger pieces aside til I decide. I have to stop and pick up some shims so that my son can help me level my cabinets and shelving before I load them up. The room used to be a garage and the floor has a good bit of slope to it.

Emma, sorry to hear that your daughter is going through this. My youngest can be that way a little, too. She hasn't kept food on her stomach for nearly a week - I think it's stress over school. She finished her midterms yesterday, so hopefully she can relax now.

Everyone have a Blessed Day!
        Donna

Comment

• Monique
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2011

Good morning everyone. Back home safe and sound. Had a wonderful time at Maizyn's birthday 'party'. She is now 4. WOW, talk about time flying. Phil graduated from his QL5 course yesterday. A little ceremony took place. We all went out for a celebratory lunch. Hubby and I left to come home then.

Maizyn ended up in emergency. We noticed at lunch that she wasn't swallowing properly. She did eat most of her lunch. Well apparently it got worse. She would try to swallow and would gag. Seems there might have been something stuck in her throat. They tried unsuccessfully to get an ex ray. Their next option was a needle which would have involved three big burly nurses holding her down. At some point, she had to poop, she had some water at this point and whatever was stuck, dislodged itself. All of a sudden she was back to being herself. The nurses were glad they did not have to hold her down after all. She was given a steroid liquid and a popsicle. Pretty scary for Phil and Jodi, although Phil is the rock because Jodi is no good with stuff like that. I used to take Maizyn for her shots when she was a baby. All is well that ends well.

I see we got a few flurries in the night. Not much going on today. I will get laundry and try to get some sewing done too.

Have a great day friends.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Bubby
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2011

Morning Everyone,

I have to make a trip to Cuba this morning to have our new tenants sign their lease and to turn over the keys to their new home. I think we found a really good couple. I decided to leave the Girls at home so I can expedite this trip.

It is supposed to be a nice day. Blondie, I'm so glad you had a grand day with your DD. For me those days are few and far between because of living so far apart from each other, but we try to make up for it by talking on the phone every day.

We don't have a Walmart in our town, but the one in Houston just down the road 12 miles is a pretty nice one. I try not to go there on Saturdays because it turns into the social hub of Texas County. People stand in clusters to visit and it's nearly impossible to shop. I'm not a Walmart fan, but when you live rural you don't have options without taking an entire day to go to a big city.

I'm off to get Jeff on the road to work and I'm hitting the highway for Cuba. Have a great day everyone.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• EnumclawGramma
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2012

1981749_10152273294443903_587074797_n.jpg

Good Morning! Wednesday already! Weeks fly, and months fly and before you know it the years fly! My Mama warned me about this. I didn't listen. Mama was right.

I got up earlier than usual this morning. Either I've had enough sleep or I'm stewin' about somethin. Not sure which. I have Yoga today so whatever.....it'll work itself out! Then I'm thinking about a trip to Walmart. After all this talk.. We have a lot of stores in the same area, just nothing as cheap. And isn't that why we go there in the first place?

I finished a tote bag yesterday (finally!) and I'm really happy with it. It's made with the McCall's fabric I craved a week or so ago ! I have 3 baby quilts ready for quilting, and I think I found my very own LAQ!!! She and I have exchanged a few emails and I think this may work out. A small quilt or two to begin just to see. Her prices seem really reasonable, but she's not fancy. I can't wait to see how this goes.

We had such a beautiful day yesterday. I'm really hoping we get more of the same today. It makes you want to DO, you know? Very motivating!

Blondie, I'm so happy you had such a wonderful day with your DD. She sounds like such a sweetie, just like her Mama! Two peas in a pod, huh? My DD lives with me, we have days go by where we barely see each other, let alone talk! My Mom used to say "she doesn't waste words" about my DD, and it's SO true. Real quiet that one. I was always told I was vaccinated with a phonograph needle!

Ok, off to get it going. Hugs/Prayers to everyone with a want or a need. There are many! Have a wonderful day and get out and get some FRESH AIR!!!
              Last edited by EnumclawGramma; April 2, 2014, 05:33 AM.
              sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• MRoy
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2011

Good morning! I may be one of the few who wishes they had a Wal-mart cause all we have is a K-mart and Dollar General stores. There are super Wal-marts in 3 adjoining counties so I guess we're outta luck.

I mowed my yard yesterday, mostly cut down the weeds and wild onions so they don't bloom and go to seed. I haven't been in the sewing room for a few days, I think it's time to get back out there.
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Granny Judy
                  Missouri Star
                  • Apr 2011

Love those special times with family... glad to see ya had such a great day together.

DD is stayin home to take care of Me (her Momma) since I have had a really bad couple of days with a "stomach bug". I never have had anything this bad in quite a number of years.. Hopefully this will be the last day of it all. and I will be recovering fast.

Just had to pop in and see how everyone is doing, since I missed ya the past few days.
                  Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                  :icon_wave:

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                    Missouri Star
                    • Dec 2010

Having weird things happening around here and not sure what to do today. I'm supposed to head to Hamilton (Al's going with me) for the Haunted House BOM but right now that's probably up in the air. See, here's why. We have absolutely no telephone service. We use AT&T and have been without service over 36 hours - although we only became aware of it about 1 or 2 yesterday afternoon. NO SERVICE.

Our SIL arrives home from work about 7 a.m. every day. Yesterday he wasn't here. DD and all the girls were gone, too, so we assumed that they met up with Dad and had gone to Mass which is being held at 9 a.m., during Lent. When they didn't come home we then assumed maybe they had a late breakfast . . . lunch . . . dinner??? About 5 o'clock in the afternoon we also noticed that their dog isn't home . . . and we have NO telephone service. No, they still aren't home. We've been checking news, etc., drove some distances trying to get telephone service (it's a widespread outage). This morning Al realizes he can try to contact them on Google Hangouts - so we managed to get someone to pick up the telephone on their end . . . but can't communicate. I hardly slept all night. I had all these theories running through my mind but none explains why the dog is with them . . . WEIRD.

I am very, very concerned. DD is always sharing what is happening, where they are going, what they are doing, and all has been very fine around here. She's supposed to take her FIL to have cataract surgery today. What to do, what to do? Hate the anxiety of not knowing what's going on - whether it's something serious or not.
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• EnumclawGramma
                      Missouri Star
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                      Having weird things happening around here and not sure what to do today. I'm supposed to head to Hamilton (Al's going with me) for the Haunted House BOM but right now that's probably up in the air. See, here's why. We have absolutely no telephone service. We use AT&T and have been without service over 36 hours - although we only became aware of it about 1 or 2 yesterday afternoon. NO SERVICE.

Our SIL arrives home from work about 7 a.m. every day. Yesterday he wasn't here. DD and all the girls were gone, too, so we assumed that they met up with Dad and had gone to Mass which is being held at 9 a.m., during Lent. When they didn't come home we then assumed maybe they had a late breakfast . . . lunch . . . dinner??? About 5 o'clock in the afternoon we also noticed that their dog isn't home . . . and we have NO telephone service. No, they still aren't home. We've been checking news, etc., drove some distances trying to get telephone service (it's a widespread outage). This morning Al realizes he can try to contact them on Google Hangouts - so we managed to get someone to pick up the telephone on their end . . . but can't communicate. I hardly slept all night. I had all these theories running through my mind but none explains why the dog is with them . . . WEIRD.

I am very, very concerned. DD is always sharing what is happening, where they are going, what they are doing, and all has been very fine around here. She's supposed to take her FIL to have cataract surgery today. What to do, what to do? Hate the anxiety of not knowing what's going on - whether it's something serious or not.
                      Oh Sandy I feel ya! I HATE this type of thing. My daughter and I have an understanding. No matter how old she gets, no matter how independent she is, I WILL hear from her, even if it's only a text message saying "hi I'm alive", I will hear from her everyday. Period.

But....I have had times of silence like you're having. Praying things come to a quick and positive conclusion today. This morning. Please keep us posted.
                      sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2012

Wow, Sandy, that is a huge worry! Where do you disappear to with all those kids and a dog? I hope you find all is well and the lack of phone service was the only issue! I see big rain is in western Mo. Headed to St. Louis. My grandson is on a field trip to Jeff City for some science/ social studies learning, hate it that he is on a school bus in stormy weather on I-70. I'll be nervous til 5 p.m. When I hear he is back safely. Probably wet also!
                        I lived in Cuba that Barb always mentioned. They had one of the smallest WalMarts, it was really our main siurce of everything except food. They might not have had dozens of things in one category to choose from, but they had fabric, and it was cheap! Miss that for sure!

Hope you all have a good day. I hope to cut some strips today for one daughter's quilt, and some blocks for the other daughter's quilt. Once they are cut, I can work on the blocks. Got a new ruler/cutter combo that I need to test out. I'll let you know if it is the best thing since sliced bread! Eleanor Burns serms to think so! I bought it from QIAD!

Comment

• shermur
                          Missouri Star
                          • Mar 2013

I'm so jealous, Blondie....I would love to have DD time with my Navy daughter. She bought a wedding dress the other day in Dan Diego. Ash and Dustin.jpg
                          Evidently She and her beau are going to get married on a beach before he deploys in June. I won't be able to attend....I have to accept that there isn't time, not money to go. I feel like all the life changes going on is ruling my life and I have no control over anything.
                          I certainly can only hope that today is better than yesterday; my step-monster put my emotion in high-anxiety mode. And today it is raining more than I need. We have a house showing tomorrow and I pray no water gets into the basement.....pray, people, pray!
                          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                            Missouri Star
                            • Dec 2010

Oh, Sherri - sending prayers all the way around. Missing your daughter's wedding has to hurt - especially with everything else you've had on your plate recently. Hang tough - you can do it. I used to have a clipping from a book that read something like 'it's always difficult, when you are headed downhill on a winding road, to remember that you will be soon going back up and everything will be fine'.
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Mpyles
                              Missouri Star
                              • Feb 2013

(((Sandy)))) I'd be nutso! Hope you hear something soon!
                              Mary
                              SW Missouri

Comment

Working...
                              X