Update on great Niece at burn center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on great Niece at burn center

Ladies I'm sorry I haven't been able to update you guys. I have been staying at the center with her and now my IBS is acting up. Stress is a killer. They were able to save her fingers on her left hand and they have started the skin grafts. She has been in great pain the last couple of days. Her nerve ending are coming back to life. The doctors are pleased so far with her condition. It's just so hard to see her crying in pain. Some of the pain meds they use for burns patients have caused her to have reactions so they can't give them anymore. God is good she will be better it's just a matter of time. Love to you all and thank you for your prays.

Re: Update on great Niece at burn center

Thanks for the update - please try to take care of yourself during all of this - easier said than done. Stress is a real trigger of IBS. So glad that the docs are happy with her progress. Keeping you all in my prayers.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Saying prayers for her and you!
      Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
      Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry she is in so much pain, but a good report from the docs is wonderful. I will keep praying for her and looking here for more good news from you.
        Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Thanks for your update. I feel so bad for this young girl and hope they can get her pain under control soon. Hugs
          TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Thanks for the update.........take care of yourself too.......sending prayers.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

please take care of yourself. at least talk to your own dr. and explain what is happening in your life right now maybe they can help your symptoms. as far as your neice glad to hear she is making progress and just think about how strong she will be after this event in her life.
              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Thank you for the update. Praying for her and you.

Comment

Good to hear some positive news and hope it continues and the poor girl's pain lessens.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that your great niece has been burned. I will pray for her tonight before going to sleep.
                    sigpicMISA
                    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

Poor little girl. I feel so bad that she has to suffer so. Take care of yourself. Hope you get your IBS under control.
                      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Thank you for the update. I will keep her and you in my prayers.
                        Cil
                        A quilt is a blanket of love
                        http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                        http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Prayers are continuing. Like it has been said, be sure to take care of yourself, too. And, how's her mother holding up? Are they in the same area where she can at least talk to Bridget?
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Prayers continuing for her and her family as well. I can't imagine the kind of pain she must be in. Don't forget to take care of yourself during this time. It is so easy to let our selves go in times like these. She is receiving the best possible care, so you take care of you.
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

I wish they were able to give her something for the pain. Prayers for quick healing.
                              Sharon

Comment

Working...
                              X