Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's MONDAY!

Happy Monday, Ladies
    After a pleasant but busy weekend, I am ready to have a day of rest - I am thinking of making some items up for a gal's little store. Thinking of making some plant pokes for wreaths, make up a batch of potpourri to be aged in time for some fall fragrances and I may even start on a few new dolls. I have some gourds that need to be used. Add to that the pineapple blossom that I started last week. I have all the blocks ready for their sashing.

Looking over the activity of the past week - wow! We have some really talented gals here. Love the Wonky Star runner, Deb's young boy quilt and all the other pics that have been shared.

Just out of curiousity, here in my area on the tv news programs they are speaking on bedbugs again. Is that making the rounds on your news as well? Makes me cringe and feel very dirty, like I need to take a power washer to the inside of my house!!
    More rain in the forecast, only in the 60's here today.
    Many blessings to each one today.
    Blondie
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: It's MONDAY!

Yeah, it's Monday. The first day of another long week. LOL! Actually, it's going to be another rainy day here in PA also. ..... the whole east coast I guess.

I was off yesterday and got some quilting done. Had to hang up the whole thing to look at it for a few days to decide if I should go on with theme.

Haven't heard anything about bed bugs here. Last time I heard about them, I was working at a place that ran several group homes for adults. It was terrible there. We were always buying new mattresses, rugs, sheets, etc.

Gotta go, the plants are calling . . . . .

Everyone have a great Monday !
    Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
    "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

Happy Monday to all....I need another pot of coffee to keep my eyes open. Suppose to be rain all week and I am hoping for no rain in my basement. I plan on selling my home this year and am looking forward to moving on.....divorce...yay!
      Susan

Comment

Morning All!

Blondie, sounds like you have a busy day ahead. Have fun with that. Rain here too, all week. Work is getting busy here so I can no longer go to aqua aerobics class.....bummer, I really enjoyed that and it's about the only regular exercise I get.

Oh well, should be working, have a great day!
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Good Morning everyone. I spent a quiet weekend with my husband and our menagerie. I have a sign over my doorway that says, " Welcome to the Zoo, pull up a chair and sit a while." I cleaned cages and brushed my dogs. Of course now today I'll be cleaning dog hair off everything. Oh well, we love our critters. The kids are gone and while we see them once in a while, they have busy lives too. For all of you who wonder, Emily is doing good so far. She has two more meds to be weaned from and then we see what happens. Thanks for your prayers. Morgan's right leg is knitting, but so slow. The left one isn't. I don't know what they are waiting for, they should be doing bone graphs or something! It's been 12 weeks since his surgery. He's getting really tired of that wheelchair. Again, thank you for the prayers.
          I've heard of bed bugs too on the news. They are saying to wash your clothes after a hotel visit and to vacuum your bed if you suspect anything. Vacuum my bed? wash my clothes? Of course I'd wash my clothes and if I suspected anything was in my bed besides me, the bed would be out the door and your right Blondie a power washer would be the next best thing for the house. yeww
          Have a good day ladies and break a stitch!
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Survived the weekend! DD's shower was great, evidence that handwork is alive and well. She recieved many handmade baby blankets, afghans and quilts. Other DD did get her quilt done in time with a minimum of help from me (I helped with the binding). I'll try to post a picture later once I get all my pictures downloaded.
            Our lovely 80's weather from last week is gone. Rainy and cold again. We've had so much rain the last few days, everything is flooded. My sister checked my mom's basement and found 2 inches of water. This is the first time in the 45 yrs. mom's lived in that house that water has come in. Her house sets fairly high so you know the ground must really be saturated. BIL got a pump working for her to keep it pumped out. fortunately my brother has cleared a lot of stuff out of there so the damage is minimal.
            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Send me some rain, please. Not a whole lot, just enough to saturate the ground and keep some new plantings alive. I can't believe the cracks in the ground. Al and I returned from St. Louis where we got the truck thoroughly washed in both directions . . . but as we neared home even the light sprinkles ceased and we found our ground DRY. But OH, did central and Eastern MO get hit a LOT!!

Had a wonderful trip both going and coming, but it is always wonderful to arrive back home. Of course the new Papa couldn't stay away and we had to make a visit to see Baby Agnes. She was cuddled against Mom and wouldn't wake up to see us. We'll see if we can get a 'hold her' in sometime today. Love those new babies.

Being away for a while, I always arrive back home and feel like I have to start all over with plans for the week. Since Momma still can't lift anything over 10 pounds we'll be taking the girls to all their functions - library tour today, guitar lessons later in afternoon, skating, all that stuff.

I'll be settled back in soon, and sure hope to be quilting soon. Main thing I need to do is to put the binding on Zoe's quilt. I"ve been dragging my feet on so many things. Al and I talked about it on the way home . . . I even shied from visiting quilt shops on the way back home from St. Louis. I need Geritol, maybe!!! Yuck!
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

It's a grey Monday here too. I'm sure we'll get some rain before the day is out.
                I'm not sure how much sewing will get done this week. I am farm-sitting for my neighbor. She always has more stuff to get done than there is time for. She is paying me well, so I shall not complain! Well, other than she has limited running water. Some pipe burst this winter, and until she finds it and fixes it, or lays all new (easier & probably cheaper in the long run) we have the hose at the pump house.
                I really want to get the small quilt top done that I have on the cutting table now. It is bugging me. How funny is that? I have projects that have languished for years, and they are only minor annoyances. I think this one is irritating because it only has the borders left and I can plop it on the "flimsy" pile to find a backing.
                Well, I need to go get my morning chores done so I can go do Mary's.
                You all have a great day!
                Hugs, Cathy
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Hi! The busy weekend is over and a cool beginning to this week. Got up alittle late this am but got the frig cleaned out and all dishes done. The birthday party went well despite the cold and windy weather. I left about 4 and came back around 10 to pick up BF, who stayed to watch some sports with the guys. Loved the quietness of the evening, read the paper, some quilt magazines and just chilled. Feel much better today so I am in cleaning mode and am off to sweep the patio. All the cherry blossoms have fallen and the patio is covered with little brown thingies. Even tho it's still alittle chilly, the beautiful blue sky is beaconing me to come outside and sweep that patio off.
                  So many quilty ideas in my head and BF is off fixing some plumbing at his sister's house so I might get some sewing done while he is gone. I'm sure I will get the urge to check in later.
                  Patti
                  "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Good afternoon, all! Hope everyone's Monday is going as well as can be expected. Mine is a good one, my short day at work so I was home before 3, puttered in the kitchen a little, filled my hummingbird feeder and am now going to quilt, hooray!

Blondie, I've seen the news reports about bedbugs... Speaking of bugs, do y'all have stinkbugs? We're on our 2nd summer of very high stinkbug levels for some reason. Before a coupla years ago I'd never even seen one, and now they're everywhere, even in the winter. Cathy and Patticakes, I enjoyed reading about your mornings as I always do, Cathy, you are one hard working woman! Patticakes, I've been in that position of being newly out of work - enjoy that leisure, girl! Susan, I've been there, done that, and can totally relate to the relief of moving on. Loonwatcher, that's a shame that you won't be able to do your exercise class anymore. You inspired me to get on the treadmill! Jan, thanks for the latest news on Emily and Morgan. Your heart just aches for them. Bakermom, glad you survived the shower and the quilting experience with your daughter . Sandy, don't worry, you'll accomplish plenty, don't be so hard on yourself!

Heard from Paula, she's well and hopes to pop back on soon.

Gosh, you all are such a part of my day every day! I'm so happy to have met such special people .
                    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Hi everyone Sorry I'm at a loss for words as usual.

Comment

Hello all.

What a day. My husband bought 17 collector Norman Rockwell plates yesterday at an auction sale. I did give him a little slap on the head. Well he found room in the china cabinet. At least it gave me an excuse to clean it out and get rid of some stuff TO ADD HIS STUFF!! Left everything on the kitchen table that he did not want back in the cabinet. AS IF I HAVEN'T GOT ENOUGH TO DO. The wedding is less than two weeks away.

I worked on the ring bearer's pillow. Looks good. And I even got to make a purse for Jodi, my soon to be daughter-in-law. I will post it later.

Tired now, I think it is time to wind down and finish the embroidery on the pillow.

Night, night all, sweet dreams.

Monique
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I bet those plates take up less room than an old huge, gigantic jukebox that I saw in the garage over the weekend! I just shake my head and walk away. Thank goodness it isn't in the house. Of course it doesn't work - add that to the VW Bug (1970) that is also sitting in the garage. haha! As long as he doesn't tell me to get rid of my quilting stuff, I don't really care what he brings into that garage.
                          Today after work, I got into cleaning mode. I used to try to clean the entire house the day or so before our huge picnic and got so wore out that I was too tired to enjoy myself so now I stretch it out for the whole month before and get the major spring cleaning done in spurts here and there.
                          Nothing to report on sewing/quilting. I am dreaming about it though - does that count? Oh, forgot to call that quilt place about their website. Need to put that on my list.
                          Still rainy here and there - looking forward to it stopping later in the week. Everything is so green and pretty, but really - enough is enough. I feel for those people getting their lands and homes flooded since they opened those flood gates. Guess they could use lots of prayers. a
                          Well, hope you all have a great evening!
                          Hugs,
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Oh My!
                            Mary's place is in quite a state. She has about 15 acres and a 100 year old farm house. She really needs a caretaker to help her with the stuff around there. I know why farmers had so many kids. They needed the help just to keep up! She does have the problem with the water system, but I am sorry, I am NOT lugging 5 gallon buckets from the well house up the hill and all over the farm. I have found all of her hoses and have put together a slightly more efficient watering plan. At this point, I only have one bucket to lug, and that is about 20 feet. I'll cut that out too if I can find our hose we took off the front spigot last fall when it sprung a leak. I can cut behind the leak and I should still have plenty to reach. One quick release coupler and I'll be able to switch from the lower pasture to the upper barn with ease. Go a head, call me lazy, but I can at least use my hands to milk after I am done watering now!
                            Mary also has one doe that I think lost her babies. She wasn't on the milking list when I got feeding instructions on Thursday, but she is now. She seems really sad too. Not her usual goat-self, standing on the gate looking for treats. I'll bring her a carrot and half an apple tonight. Poor momma. My girls get sad if they loose a baby too.
                            I have made a bit of progress on the OoD quilt. One more border. Now I have to decide if I want to add a thin strip of orange before the last border or let the turquoise butt up to the butter yellow. I'm leaning towards the narrow orange. The Object of Desire color scheme has some unlikely parings. It isn't really my thing, but I am liking how it is turning out. My friend will love it, as it is very bright and cheery.
                            I need to go do my evening chores and then when my hubby gets home, I'll go and put up Mary's animals for the night.
                            You all have a good night & I'll yakk at you tomorrow!
                            Cathy
                            Be who you are and say what you feel
                            because those who mind don't matter,
                            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Oh my gosh! What was I thinking??? I'm invited to a dear friend's birthday party (5/28) when I get back to the states. I was wondering what to give him for a gift. At this late date I have thrown together a quilt and am frantically quilting it with the embroidery function on my machine. I'm almost done but I'm cutting it very close considering I'm leaving here in a few days. Another friend's son and the son's friend are here for a couple of days before heading back to the states. They're so happy to have our hospitality. They've been touring and staying in hostels and it feels so good to get a decent bed and a good shower. They keep thanking us. So cute. They're in their early 20's. I'm very happy to have them here but I really need to be focusing on this quilt and preparations for the trip home. Yikes! Eric Clapton concert at the Royal Albert Hall tomorrow night. Hope he plays some of his acoustical songs. I'm so excited!!! Joe has signed us up for the opening ceremonies, volleyball and the gymnastics finals for the summer olympics 2012 here in London. Just waiting to see if they accept our request for tickets. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed. I'm looking forward to getting home for a while. I just have to put on blinders when I get to my house. I asked my daughter if I was coming home to a clean house. "Yeah, but not up to your standards, Mom!" I don't want to spend my whole visit getting the place back to square one. I'll be so busy that I don't need to be cleaning. I had a customer call me and ask if I would alter some drapes for her. I didn't have the heart to say no so I'll be very busy when I get home. Again, what was I thinking????
                              Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; May 17, 2011, 04:23 AM.
                              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
                              X