Almost Adopted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Almost Adopted

Cyndi, I am sending prayers for your family...I can only imagine your sorrow...please know we are all here for you...
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Cyndi, I know that you are a very religious person. I hope that you will look to God and know that he has a plan for this little guy. Hopefully, knowing this you will find some comfort in letting go. This is a heartbreaking situation. At this point, all you can do is try to look at the positive side of this. Your family has given this child a year of love and a year of security that he might not have had otherwise. Try to focus on what you've given him. I'm sure she is aware that you want this child to be a permanent part of your lives. From what you say she seems nice so I'm sure she understands the sorrow you all are experiencing. Have you left the line of communication open to her in case she changes her mind? I'm sure you all have made this clear to her that you'd take him back in a heartbeat. It's very possible she may give him back to you. Time will tell. If not, just pray that she gives him a good and happy life. That's all you can do. As I said God has a plan for this little man.
      Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; March 31, 2014, 04:27 AM.
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Double post.
        "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Comment

Originally posted by mary3100 View Post
          I think it is terrible that the court would do this to a small child. The grandmother is too old to raise him. If God wanted children to have old mothers we wouldn't have given them the change.....Any way my mom and dad adopted a grandchild and had the means to hire a nanny. That girl did not have a traditional family upbringing. They had no business being able to adopt a small child. She was pampered and spoiled. The courts are screwed up and not taking the best interest of the child first. It is wrong, so sorry for your family.
          I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with your generalization. Not all 50 years olds are too old to raise children, and some women don't have the change until well into their 60's.
          I had the opportunity to be a surrogate for a woman who was 48 at the time, and is now 51 and her 3 year old is smart, well cared for, and definitely loved, and her 51 year old mother has no problems raising her.

And if you want to bring religion into it, God gave Sarah a baby at 90 years old...

Granted, in this case, the grandmother has an ill husband to take care of and it's probably not best for this child, but that doesn't mean that older people can't raise children.
          "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Comment

Working...
          X