Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday Greetings

Happy Wednesday Folksies!
    The majority of snow from yesterday is gone. It was sure pretty coming down, it snowed all morning into the afternoon. Big fluffy flakes. The day warmed up, and most of it went bye bye. When hubs came home from work he couldn't believe how much more we had here than in town. Here's hoping that this was Winter's farewell for all of us!

I was speaking with a friend the other day and sorta bragging how I don't get sick like hubs. Like I do the neti pot thing, zinc thing, etc etc. I've come down with a cold which I am certain i have caught from him. Yesterday was sort of a lost and wasted day. I couldn't sew because I couldn't think straight. Oh I know you are thinking, well she never thinks straight - what's new there? Trust me, it was not safe for me to hold even a needle and thread in my hand. Feeling much better this morning after dosing myself with mega Vit C and my other usual self meds. I also slept a lot yesterday which was wonderful. I had some nutsy sick fever type of dreams that were quite entertaining.

Off to find that coffee pot and see what state the kitchen was left in last night by the guys.

Blessings, hugs, prayers for everyone. Be sure to think of someone today with a smile on your face. Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to not return a smile?

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Wednesday Greetings

Well Good Morning to you too!
    Or I could say Good Night, since I haven't slept yet. Not sure what's up with that, just haven't been able to get a normal sleep pattern going lately.
    Hope your cold is over and gone soon. Hope the winter weather is over and gone too. Its been a crazy winter.
    Happy Sewing!
    Cheers!

Comment

Morning! Hope you feel better soon, Blondie. Hubby started with a cold yesterday...again. Everyone has had it twice now, and "knock on wood" I still have not had it. I'm really shocked. The snow was supposed to start around 3am but there is still no sign of it yet. Trust me, I'm not complaining. It is really windy out though. Hoping that the snow is just going to skip us this time..we'll see, the day is still young.
      I got some sewing done yesterday and cut out some blocks for the Hunters Star Block group. If you haven't joined, you should, it's going to be a good swap.
      Today, I'm going to do some FMQ on Julia's quilt. I really need to get that done.
      I hope everyone has a great day and prayers out to those who need them and bunches of (((hugs))) too.
      Cil
      A quilt is a blanket of love
      http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
      http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Having a cold is so not fun! I haven't had one for a very long time, however, I have developed chronic allergies that drive me batty. Seems like all the meds I've been given do little to help the problem. I finally saw an ENT. He said my problem is acid reflux that is causing the congestion. So far, his treatment is working either. I try not to complain since I know there could be lots worse things to face than this, but it's still a reminder that I'm definitely on the other side of middle age.

I've gone from drought in California to rain, rain and rain in the Netherlands. No surprise of course since I've been warned. At least now mother nature is watering the plants instead of my watering can/hose. By the way, does anyone know what plant this is? Joe had this waiting for me when I arrived. I've seen it before but I don't know it's name.
        IMG_2683.jpg
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Rebecca, that looks like grape hyacynths to me. Little mini bundles of total joy is another thing I call them. Joe deserves an extra hug

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
          Having a cold is so not fun! I haven't had one for a very long time, however, I have developed chronic allergies that drive me batty. Seems like all the meds I've been given do little to help the problem. I finally saw an ENT. He said my problem is acid reflux that is causing the congestion. So far, his treatment is working either. I try not to complain since I know there could be lots worse things to face than this, but it's still a reminder that I'm definitely on the other side of middle age.

I've gone from drought in California to rain, rain and rain in the Netherlands. No surprise of course since I've been warned. At least now mother nature is watering the plants instead of my watering can/hose. By the way, does anyone know what plant this is? Joe had this waiting for me when I arrived. I've seen it before but I don't know it's name.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]71881[/ATTACH]
          Sewing mends the soul.
          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Morning Everyone,

Blondie, sorry you caught cold. I hope your remedies work for you fast. Nothing worse than a Spring or Summer cold. Jeff has one, too and he should stay home today but that stubborn man refuses.

Rebecca, I think those are grape hyacinths if I'm not mistaken. They're lovely! Normally they come up around the same time as the daffs.

Not much happening here today. I need to make a Walmart run and then I can settle in and sew or sort things in my room. I've done a considerable amount of organizing and rearranging the last week or so. When I put pictures of my fabric cabinets on my blog I saw how messy they were. Isn't it amazing how the camera gives you a third eye to look at everything?

Wishing everyone a good day. My heart is with those in Washington where they had that terrible mudslide.
            Last edited by Bubby; March 26, 2014, 04:47 AM.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Blondie, Hope all your self meds keep working and your cold disappears. we can't have you ailing.
              My body is awake but my mind isn't so I better get some coffee to wake it up.

morning person w coffee.jpg
              Last edited by MayinJerset; March 26, 2014, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Morning all,

Blondie sorry you are snotty. Keep that tissue box close by.

Grape hyacinths Rebecca, very popular in Holland. My Oma Hagers loved those. One of my favorite aspects of living in Holland is that flowers are so inexpensive at the market and one always has a fresh bouquet in the house each week. Now that we're moving to a new lease house with an acre of land, I think I spotted some rose bushes. I'm also planning on planting some containers and annuals. Love flowers.

Yesterday I met up with Jean in Marietta, what a hoot. Was great to meet after two years on The Forum. She's a wonderful person and we had a 3 hour lunch! lol Eating, chatting and laughing.

Jean and Ruby.jpg

Jean needs to move with her younger daughter/her kids to Atlanta to join up with her older daughter's family. It would be not only great for her family but boy could we get into trouble together.

Second best thing is that we know that we'll meet up again in the future when she comes back to visit her family again. Next time she'll come to lunch in the Acworth area, we'll only spend maybe 1 hour at the restaurant and 2-3 hours at our house. Jean can have some wine and I'll have a cranberry spritzer, she can show me how to do a shabby chic rose on a quilt.

Thanks for sharing a great meal Jean! <3 Ruby

Today will be busy, we have our walk through/lease signing/get the keys at 2:30. Need to go to the bank, get the insurance binder for the liability on the house, pick up more matching containers to put the Easter Pillowcases in, go to WM to pick up cleaning supplies and kitchen cabinet shelving lining.

Of course, it's suppose to rain on Saturday when we have the truck to move the big furniture. UGH! Please say a prayer that it holds off 'till the evening. Sandy, don't to your naked rain dance 'till then please!!!

Prayers for those in need, huggers to all, Ruby
                Last edited by HandsOffItsMine; March 26, 2014, 05:18 AM.
                sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Good morning all! This is our last day in Atlanta, tomorrow we head for home. I got to vsit our Ruby yesterday, we had a great lunch and a very looooong chat! I cut some pillowcases before I left and sewed them up while the others slept in. Gave them to Ruby for her Cyber Elves. Going to cut some more and put them in my sewing area by my bed to sew up when I wake up in the middle of the night. I can make them without thinking, I need that kind of work to do for night owl sewing. Need to make some pillowcases and small kids quilts for MARILYN's PICU.

After thinking about it for months, I finally upgraded my iPhone. I can no longer get useful apps for my old phone, which is over three years old and it has served me well. The kids can use it to play games on, so it will live on to serve some more! SIL is an ATT guy, he was my advisor as to what to get for a plan, that stuff makes my head swim!

I need to work on a valance for my daughter's one bedroom and she has another cool fabric that she either wants a valance or a slipcover for her office chair. I want to see fabric.com, which is near here, don't know if we can work all of that in in one day! Hope you all have a great day! Snow flurries were spotted in Atlanta yesterday, and I heard many other places had real snow, as Blondie reported happened in NC. The Bradford pears are in full bloom here, but are losing their petals. When the wind blows, they look like giant snow flakes flying around! Beautiful!
                  Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; March 26, 2014, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Good morning! We had snow most of the day yesterday with a mini-blizzard in the afternoon but it melted almost as quickly as it came. Third day of working on taxes and I'm on the downhill sliding toward the finish...Yay! Blondie, I hope you continue to feel better. Spring/summer colds are awful!

Praying for Brandon and others today.
                    *~* Myrna *~*
                    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Morning all! Back to the land of the living today. Monday I came home around noon and have been in bed since. I think I feel better this morning so will head out to work. I hate laying in bed...I can think only of all the things I could be doing. Drives me nuts.

Blondie glad you are feeling better! Jean and ruby...you look so cute!

Everyone have a great day!
                      Mary
                      SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Good Morning All,

Blondie, I never get sick either but I'm still recovering from a cold for over a week now. I haven't been able to visit my new great niece since I still have the sniffles. At least I don't sleep with tissue stuffed in my nose, and I can breath now!

Good to see Ruby and Jean got to meet up yesterday. Jean, are you keeping count of how many forum friends you meet up with? You are so fortunate to get to travel throughout the world!

Our guild is having a sewing retreat the next three days. My car is loaded down and I can't wait to get there. I could get used to traveling around going to sewing retreats but my hubby might not like it!!

Have a great day!!!!!
                        Robin
                        My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Good morning dear friends. We did get a little sprinkling of snow last night. Are any of you affected by the mudslide in Washington State? Thinking of you.

I had to do some plumbing yesterday. Taps in the shower needed new washers. Done!! I finally got the curtains made for Jodi's kitchen and hallway, so the neighbours can't look in.

Today I NEED to color my hair. I can't stand the grey. I have to help with bingo tonight at the senior's home. So today I might just get some quilting done.

I wish you all a fantastic day. To all who are sick, get well soon.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Morning all. Glad the snow missed us again. Just want spring and to see my flowers popping up. Blondie hope you feel better. I have been cold free this season, but I have a trick. Working retail and register makes for alot of inconsiderate sneezy coughing people I deal with face to face, not to mention co workers. I use those clorox wipes they kill 99.9% of cold and flu germs. Every morning when I go in I wipe my register area down completely, touch screen, credit machine, telephone, pens, counters . You name it it gets wiped. it seems to have helped.
                            Had a weird dream last night involving a wolf in my kitchen, I ran into one sons room and he messaged his brother who crawled out the window with his gun and came in the front door and shot the wolf in the head.
                            Class day for me so its my fun day! will have 4 ladies today. 2 are working on UFO's and 2 are doing the 5 and dime runner. Taking Pizza home tonight as I don't feel like cooking.
                            Jean and Ruby look like you had a great time!
                            Monique I colored mine this morning couldn't take the gray anymore, I was over due.
                            Hugs to all that need and want them, have a great day all.
                            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                            Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                              Today I NEED to color my hair. I can't stand the grey.
                              Oh Monique, I been trying to get my hair back to my natural auburn. With all my gray it comes out with a purple hue! You know it's bad when Zander asks "Oma, why is your hair purple?" So I colored it medium ash brown...hate it! I need our Blondie to fix this hair disaster!!! I need a cut, an actual style would be great, Blondie you need to get you tushie here or I'm going to have to get my butt over to The Hill. Jean made a waiter take a picture, Don was amazed that I posted it. From the two, this was the better one. :P

I need to go lighter again...this is not working!
                              sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Working...
                              X