Night Owls- Did I miss winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Owls- Did I miss winter?

So I have not been here in a long time. I snuck in once or twice to get a phone number or email but that is really it. I was sick, on IV antibiotics at home for 6 weeks, just got the mainline out last Friday sick. Who knew you could carry strep in your heart for so long and it could hide so well.

I feel like I missed winter. I honestly feel like Christmas was a lifetime ago. I was very ill last spring. Drooling, don't remember, almost died twice kind of sick. I didn't tell anyone at the time how sick I was because I just didn't. This time a forum friend was talking to my daughter and knew pretty much how sick I was. Except for the heart thing. I didn't even find out about that until a couple weeks ago from the infectious disease doctor I had a visit with.

Anyway I feel better than I have in over a year or more. Honestly. I still have fatigue and have to nap but considering everything that is nothing.

I have missed all of the Night Owls and my other forum friends.

I am on my way to bed now but just wanted to pop in to say "Hello" and thank you for all of the cards, gifts, pm's and prayers that you have sent me. You are an amazing group of women and I know I have missed much. I am still recovering but I will be here as able and I am so sorry that I have missed so much.
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Re: Night Owls- Did I miss winter?

I'm so glad you're feeling better, it sounds like you've really been thru a lot this last year. Sounds like the worse is over and now you can enjoy life again. Hugs
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I'm a fairly newbie. You have my sympathy. Sounds like you've had a tough year. Nice that you are on the mend. Rest because you probably need it. Take care of yourself.
      Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

I think you did miss winter, but I missed you!!! I have had you in my thoughts daily, worrying about you. Glad to see you alive and getting better!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

So glad that you are feeling better - we really missed you!!

Comment

Hey Lisa, Glad to see you here among the Night Owls and that you have pretty much recovered from being so sick, now don't stay up too late as you need your rest. Let the healing prayers continue. May
            Healing-Prayers.jpg.
            PS: Just to make you feel better Winter is coming back for a day or so with a few inches of snow. It has begun snowing here in Jersey and you should get yours tomorrow
            Last edited by MayinJerset; March 25, 2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

LISA!!! YEA!!! I've missed you!
              sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

It is great to see you back Lisa. Keep on mending and taking good care of yourself. Lots of rest of course. Slow moving back to normal. Have totally missed your posts!
                Karen
                Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Good to hear from you and just so you know, you didn't miss a thing this winter! I'm over it, ready for some sunshine and warmer weather!

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

Been wondering about you! After every thought a little prayer was added. So glad to hear you are recovering... and able to pop in to let us know. Hope to see you posting more often as you get stronger.

Comment

Haven't seen the NightOwls post very often lately, and I miss a lot on the forum. I remember that you were ill Lisa, but I didn't know how ill; and I certainly am happy that they found out why you were so sick and that you are feeling better now. Welcome back! (If you missed winter this year, consider yourself lucky; its been a bummer)
                      :icon_wave: Linda
                      "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Welcome back. I'm glad you are getting better. As far as missing the winter, it was crappy and if you had to miss something at least it was winter. Spring is on the way and warm sunshine that will help you feel better also.

Comment

Yeah.......Lisa is back! So happy to see your post tonight & that the doctors found out what the problem was. It sounds like it has been a rough time for you. Take care of yourself and don't over do it. Welcome back!
                          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

No, you didn't miss winter-it's alive and well and living in Ohio.
                            Glad to see you back! Hope this year is better for you
                            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

FINALLY!!! SHEESH!!!
                              ~Kathy~

Comment

Working...
                              X