I have somehow angered the Sewing Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have somehow angered the Sewing Gods

so badly that everything I touch is a mess. They are TICKED!

I sewed the binding on my table topper, came to the end and found that I messed up something so badly that I have to rip out the entire binding. And maybe resew a strip or two. Ugh.

Put that aside and started sewing the borders on my lap quilt. Got one on. Woo! The second... sewed allllll the way to the bottom - it was a long strip - only to realize that the thread had come out of the needle before I even started and somehow did not notice.

I am stepping away from the machine. Probably out of the sewing room entirely. Maybe I'll go read a book.

Re: I have somehow angered the Sewing Gods

Sorry!! I have totally had those kind of days. I always stop if I have to take out my seam ripper in the first 15 minutes....

Comment

Been there! Step away..... Lol

Comment

The running out of thread makes me cry the most. When I was doing my children's clothes and was using a ruffle foot and found I went around a whole skirt, dang.

I feel for you
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Walk away for an afternoon, a day, whatever and come back to it with a fresh perspective!! I've had those days Hang in there

Comment

Originally posted by Pandabear View Post
            so badly that everything I touch is a mess. They are TICKED!

I sewed the binding on my table topper, came to the end and found that I messed up something so badly that I have to rip out the entire binding. And maybe resew a strip or two. Ugh.

Put that aside and started sewing the borders on my lap quilt. Got one on. Woo! The second... sewed allllll the way to the bottom - it was a long strip - only to realize that the thread had come out of the needle before I even started and somehow did not notice.

I am stepping away from the machine. Probably out of the sewing room entirely. Maybe I'll go read a book.
            The sewing gods demans you come to the forum for support and then some healty windowshopping for fabrics, or patterns for your next project!

After endulging the sewing gods for a while then they might let you back to your projects!

Meanwhile we here at the forum are always here ready to support you! We all had those times!

Hugs! ;-)
            sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
            The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
            A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
            And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Darn those sewing gods! Drat them!

Comment

Originally posted by BobW View Post
                Darn those sewing gods! Drat them!
                Uh Oh! He cursed the sewing gods!!!!
                ~Kathy~

Comment

Originally posted by bkthomas View Post
                  Uh Oh! He cursed the sewing gods!!!!
                  Oh,yeah, Bob is toast now! lol
                  sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Step away from the machine, take a deep breath.. and go pay homage to the sewing gods by buying some fabric for the next project!
                    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                    Sigmund Freud

Comment

Does it count as homage if I received a package of fabric today? I hope so, since I plan on trying to fix that binding tomorrow.

Comment

Yes that should count. I am sure they will forgive you now. Not sure about BobW though.
                        Ann

Comment

It's ok. Since I angered them first I'll take whatever they feel like throwing BobW. It's the least I can do.

I just looked at my next pattern. I have to cut 400 2 7/8" squares. Come ON sewing gods!! Stop your hatin'!!!!

Comment

Reading a book is good.... I think we've all bern where you are.... Some days it seems that nothing works out as planned!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by Ahamblin View Post
                              Yes that should count. I am sure they will forgive you now. Not sure about BobW though.
                              Poor poor Bob.......
                              ~Kathy~

Comment

Working...
                              X