Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday - just embrace it

Happy Monday Folksies!

This weekend was an interesting time. I woke up this morning feeling like a Sunday morning and wanting to snuggle back under the blankets. Sigh. Time to rise and shine. Still working on that first cuppa delicious dark brew that hubby carried into the bedroom to get me up. Saturday after work, I was able to get some grocery shopping done, clean the house just a bit - in other words a straightening up - but hey, that classifies as cleaning in my book. I tried to sit down and sew a bit - I am 3/4 of the way finished in the piecing of the Smokey Mtn. Stars. I also have been working on binding, stitching on a wall hanging. No pattern there, just doing my doodling as I work on it. Hoping it will be completed in time for my Sister's birthday.

DD has been in Charleston over the weekend so I missed seeing her on her days off. Mom made the stinky, dreaded and hated (by me) salmon cakes on Saturday. Merrily I sent Josh and Luscious down The Hill so I would not have to smell them at all. so what do they do? They carry a bag of them home. Now my fridge smells like a cannery. Eewwww!!

I was going to brag about the nice spring day on Saturday but since it feels like winter again far too quickly, with snow in the forecast tomorrow, I will politely keep my mouth closed.

Keep on praying for those in need of a healing touch - whether is emotional, mental, physical - or all three - there is always someone here that needs a prayer and loving positive thoughts.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Monday - just embrace it

Good morning, Blondie! The sun is shining in Baarn. I'm now rising mid-morning (9 a.m.) which isn't too bad considering I have been up most nights until almost midnight. (Joe and I have been watching "Castle" DVD's in the evening.) It's been a week now so I can't blame my desire to snooze on jet lag. There's a crazy bird who makes an annoying sound at the crack of dawn. I hope it's not going to be a regular occurrence. I'm looking forward to starting a quilt, but right now I'm focusing on organizing my fabrics so I can see what the heck I've got. The coffee is tasting mighty good this morning.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Rebecca, I have been meaning to wave at your with a hey hey hey, been missing you kind of post. So glad that you are back among us.
      Blessings to you!
      Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Mornin everyone... This early morning stuff is going to take some getting used to. This is hubby's second day getting up at 6, and I've been getting up with him. Wouldn't be bad but we're not sleeping good at night yet. I know it'll happen, so until then, I'll just walk around all day like a zombie....hahaha
        Yes, Blondie, straightening up counts as cleaning...I do it all the time.
        Today I have to bring him to work so I can bring the car to the garage. It's making an ungodly noise and we need to find out what it is. Then I'll get into the sewing room. Let's hope I don't fall asleep while sewing and sew a finger.
        Hope everyone has a great day!
        image.jpg
        Attached Files
        Cil
        A quilt is a blanket of love
        http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
        http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Great post, Blondie....but it's hard to embrace something while life is punching my face! Need prayer and higher hopes, sweetie...blessings to you and yours!
          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Morning Everyone,

Good to hear from you, Rebecca. Blondie, give those fish cakes to Dinah. I'm sure she would appreciate them.

It seems like the past week absolutely flew by. I can't believe it's Monday again already. Sometimes I wish I was a coffee drinker to get me going in the mornings. I'm wild enough without caffeine, or so I'm told.

Sherri, I'll pray for you all day for a boost. Everything will come together for you and things will be bright again. You have a lot on your plate right now. Hugs to you, Sweetie.

I laid out the blocks on another UFO yesterday. Maybe I can sew ss0ome rows today. I have laundry going already and Jeff's lunch is made and ready to go out the door with him. I made pattymelts for dinner yesterday with loads of grilled onions...yum.

Wishing everyone a great day....
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Bubby...how endearing, sweetie! Your post alone has brightened my day (it also brought the hormonal tears)...you're so sweet! Thanks for lofting me up, darlin'!
              which dog is in the profile pic...is that your Dottie?
              Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Yes Blondie Spring gave us a little tease and now it's freezing out again, hadn't heard about any snow in this area but who knows.
                Sherri, Good thoughts going your way.

Plan was the first thing this morning I would jump in the shower while the coffee was brewing and out early doing shopping and errands but I think I need more than coffee to prime my engine this morning. coffee rx.jpgBack later after my RX coffee does its bit.

Comment

Morning all,

Rebecca, I'm a bit green with envy that you're in Baarn, such a beautiful town. Saw your pictures of your new home, lovely. Have family there as well, some old Tantes/Ooms from my Mams side. Really hope to be able to visit next year when I hit the double nickels. Had to laugh at your annoying bird reference...trying to figure out which one it could be.

Yesterday, I packed up the white ceramic collection and family Delft Blue pottery - didn't quite accomplish as much as I wanted 'cause the back ended up screaming even with taking breaks between boxes.

Today, I will box up my graphics/office - not looking forward to that one, always amazed how much books end up weighing and I have a lot of those, software, copywriting, etc. Then my hobby books are stored in there too and girls lets face it...we all know how those multiply overnight! lol Especially when certain M* members announce when there is a book sale going on. I won't mention her name! ;P

Don keeps telling me to start on my sewing loft but I still have Easter Fabric that has come in for Pillowcases to be sewn in for the Easter Drive. Going to have to wait 'till the last minute to pack that up. hehe Luckily Kat can help on Sat/Sun with that one. The guys can take out the furniture and we can still pack up the goodies.

Well, prayers for those in need, huggers for all. Have a great day all.

Huggers, Ruby
                  sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Originally posted by shermur View Post
                    Great post, Blondie....but it's hard to embrace something while life is punching my face! Need prayer and higher hopes, sweetie...blessings to you and yours!
                    hugs, prayers and lotsa good vibes heading your way right this minute
                    Sewing mends the soul.
                    sigpic

~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Morning all...not kickin real high this morning. Up getting ready for work...but really want to climb back into bed. I felt like crud all day yesterday...and this morning isn't much better.

Everyone have a great day!
                      Mary
                      SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Just found out we're expecting 2-3 inches of snow tomorrow so I will be going out shopping and doing errands ASAP. I began putting extra comforters and quilts away but better keep them handy.

Comment

Good morning and it is freaking cold here this morning. The only upside is the sun is shining. Spring will never come.

I do not have to go to work this morning which is nice. I will putter away the day. Hubby is on day shift this week so I have the whole day to myself. There are some things that need to be done around here.

So on that note, you all have a lovely day.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good Morning, all my Quilty Friends!!

I'm aching for our Sherri friend - I know she's faced with a lot of frustration and anxiety with this impending house sale and move. Ain't never easy. Having been down that road more times than I can count, I have lots of empathy for what she's going through.

I have learned that laundry is the root of all evil. Every time I get scheduled (with 13 people in the house it does take some scheduling) I try to rush through and accomplish it all in a day . . . and wind up down in the back again! Getting old ain't for sissies, right Bette?

Don't want to talk about the weather, either. I thought we'd have some Spring but Spring came and Winter never closed the door when she left.

Seems there are so many needing special hugs and prayers, so I'm offering all I can muster. Also been thinking of several (quite a few, actually) forum members who have been scarce lately. I'm so glad to have Rebecca back on a regular basis and loving her photos.

Yo'all have a wonderful day and mind Miss Blondie . . . SMILE, DANG NABBIT.
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Good Morning! It's Monday and for this week I am SO glad! I'm glad this weekend is over and in the books cuz it wasn't fun. My prince charming of a hubby got one of his bad headaches Friday afternoon and no matter what we just could not get it to go away. I wound up taking him to the ER Saturday morning and they finally got him out of pain and able to rest. He's pretty much back to normal now but I convinced him to take today off work. He's still a little weak in the knees.

So, today is Yoga, and I've convinced him to come with me and give it a go. We'll see how this goes. He's always been more coordinated, and of course stronger than I am so I betcha he loves it. I can't wait!

We're supposed to have more sun and nearly 70 today and then rain rain rain for the rest of the week. There's been some pretty serious flooding in Washington this last week, I hope it doesn't get a lot worse. Praying for the people in the flood zones...

Ok, off to shower before anyone else gets up. Have a wonderful Monday. I'm sending Hugs and prayers to all you who want or need em'!
                              sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Working...
                              X