Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Friday!

Hello Folksies!

It is Friday, the second day of Spring! The first of Spring was pretty fantastic. I know some of you still had some snow on the ground. So sorry. I felt like sunshine, rainbows and lollipops yesterday. I could look outside while I was working and just smile, smile, smile. Not a heavy cloud anywhere, just blue skies and sun shining brightly. We got up to about 55 and it felt WARM. Okay, I will stop making you envious. But just so you know, today is supposed to be even better. I do understand I will be back to whining by Monday.

So, what are your plans for the weekend? I do have to work a bit tomorrow then I think I will try to be productive. By that I mean more than programming the dvr.

Prayers for those who need them, hugs available as well. Don't forget to smile.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: It's Friday!

Morning Blondie,

Dottie got me up super early this morning...bless her little heart! It's going to be cloudy and rain later today. They're calling for the same throughout the weekend. As long as there's no ice on the ground it's a Good Thing!

Jeff is still sleeping. I finished up Jeff's Double Slice so now I need to choose another UFO and finish it up. I have two JRRs that just need borders. I can think about this later after I'm awake.

Wishing everyone a great Friday!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning everyone. Happy Friday to you all. What a day yesterday. Roads were brutal. Not much better coming home. Lots of WET snow on the roads makes for tricky driving. Had it not been for the fact that I had to work, I would have turned around and gone back home.

I watched two movies this week, 12 years a slave and August: Osage County and I was not impressed with either movie. They were ok.

Quilting is coming along nicely. I get to work on that again today.

We have plans to go out for dinner at friends tomorrow night. I work in the morning and then I am done working for now, until I get called again. This little post office has changes coming. It will be closed Saturdays as of April 21. The hours change a little but nothing drastic. So nice for the postmistress to finally have a full weekend off.

Well that is all my news for today. I wish you all a fantastic weekend.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Happy 3:21 -- World Down Syndrome Day
        and a

Happy Friday everyone . .

hubby is off to work - fur babies are climbing back in their beds - and I'm sitting here wishing that a few stores had earlier opening hours t - with a few errands to run today - I want to make one trip out . . once I hit that driveway and I'm home again -- I don't like to run out again for small trips - unless it's really a must

I watched Ms Jenny's new Tutorial last evening -- could you imagine one Continuous block with that pattern

well, off we go -- it's coffee time - then getting on with my semi busy day

have a super day and - '''Make it''' a great weekend
        2015 is here
        Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

TGIF!!!! Just 2 more weeks and its spring break Spring has definitely sprung and the march flowers are blooming everywhere. LOVE LOVE LOVE spring! So tired of cold icy wet weather.
          Yall have a great weekend!
          Hugs
          Rhonda

Comment

Morning all,
            It's just starting to get light out, it's hard to tell what the weather will be yet but the weatherman says warm for today and tomorrow then back to cold again with a possibility of snow this coming week.Seems like spring is having a hard time taking hold.
            Today is grocery day gotta hit the store as the cabinets are looking kinda bare. Hoping to get in some sewing time this afternoon I have a bunch of started projects that need to be worked on. I also want to make a small Easter runner, I found some fabric I forgot I even had in a storage tote in the sewing room closet that would be perfect.
            Off for my morning coffee, smiles and hugs in case you need a few extra today!
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

After a stressful rollercoaster of yes, no, yes, no, YES...the legalize is done on the lease of the new rental property and we will get the keys on the 27th. Yea! Took extra days of cross-over as Don has to work and I want to clean (it's an investor's re-model) after the contractor's dust, touch up some quarter rounds that don't have paint on them (they offered to send their maintenance guy, I could see paint on the new flooring/carpeting - no thanks), etc. Yes, my OCD is showing. lol

Also want to take my Delfts Blue and other breakables over as I make my trips back and forth. It's only 3 miles from here and for Kat it's just under 4 miles, a little over a mile further than now. We will have an acre, about 1/2 that's flat lawn, the grandkids will have fun playing outside plus we're at the end of a big cul-de-sac. BBQs, volleyball and badminton for this old Oma. lol

Will start packing each day, don't have too much, the sewing loft will take the longest 'cause that's where I spent any extra money we had. hehe

Next week Jean will be visiting her daughter about 30 minutes from me, we're meeting up for lunch in Marietta since I'll be in boxes. Excited to meet her finally! Unfortunately she refuses to bring her LA with her through TSA! :P

Have a great weekend all. Prayers for those in need. Huggers for all, Ruby
              sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

It WAS spring-y yesterday!!! I work today, tomorrow and Sunday! I will be off on Monday with Laylabug and I HOPE it's not another snow storm day, although the noise they are making indicates something messy heading our way!
                I really hope to do a bit of something quilty tonight--have to remember I have my Modern Quilt meeting tonight after work...

/ok my turn to shower.... later, peeps!!! ((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))
                ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Comment

grrrrrrrrrrrrr......first full day of spring and it's snowing!
                  Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                  I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Getting ready to put on my bathing suit!!! I've been doing water aerobics MWF and getting to like getting up and doing it... (well,, almost)...LOL
                    My Sis is coming tomorrow for a craft fair we are having here...
                    Looking forward to the weekend with DH,,, little "glass of wine and thou"...
                    Really looking forward to warmer temps when I can do the pool daily OUTSIDE and some warm sun,,, with my needles and yarn and buddies on a daily basis!!
                    Have a good weekend gals!! Hugs, to all who love a good squeeze!!B
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Morning all! Looks like its going to be a nice day here may reach high 40's I will take it!. Have some laundry on the line and am about ready to head out to work. Have the weekend off (from work ) that is. so hopefully can get my 2 started projects done. The batick runner and the rock candy topper. Have a good day all, hugs to all that want them.
                      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                      Sigmund Freud

Comment

Morning everyone! Well, it's only going to be about 47 today...spring is putting up a good fight but we're not quite there yet.
                        Well this is day three of going to bed early and getting up early. It's been a little rough. Hubby and I are adjusting but we're not sleeping really soundly all night which makes the morning harder. It'll happen.
                        Hubby is going for a walk today with our lab Benny. A friend of ours just got a puppy...a Rottweiler. He is adorable. He is 8 weeks old. So they are all going for a walk at the bird sanctuary right down the street. It was Benny's 4th birthday yesterday.
                        Today Julia is coming for a visit. Both my daughters are going for a mani/pedi so I will get to play with my baby girl for awhile.
                        I will also put the backing on my sweater quilt today and hopefully will be sewing on the binding tonight while watching tv. I'll post pics when it's done.
                        Not much else going on, so I'll go catch up on my reading.
                        Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
                        Cil
                        A quilt is a blanket of love
                        http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                        http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Good Morning! We made it to Friday! Here comes the weekend and the weather is beginning to look more and more like it could maybe possibly be Spring!

No yoga today, hubby's got a "procedure" I'm taking him to. It'll be an all morning event, He's for sure going to want a nap when he gets home so I'll be keeping quiet and out of sight....if you catch my drift. A prayer for him if you would, would be greatly appreciated.

It's still dark here, I'm on my first cup of coffee and I really need to jump in the shower before someone else gets up. I hope everyone has a good day, a productive day, a joyous day. Hugs/Prayers for all who want/need.

1779894_10152232683383903_1591596731_n.jpg
                          sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Good morning! Blue skies, sunshine and 70 is the forecast here today!! Should be a beautiful day!

As I said last night dd is home sick. Hoping she gets the rest she needs today.

I work today, and fully expect to be told that the store I have been trying "to help" will be added to my job responsibilities. Doubt I get any extra pay for that..haha! I am a pretty cut and dried manager...I don't do disorganization, do as you please, or disrespect. I spent the last month and a half putting up with it in this store...trying not to step on anyone's toes....the powers above me have finally figured out that store needs a good old fashioned butt whooping and I am just the gal to give it to them!

Yesterday, I spent most of the day trying to do the wallet for dd. It's on the back burner until she feels better. Tonight I will most likely try to put the BOM together. Miscut one piece ...gonna see if I have something in my stash to replace it. It was suppose to be a 41/2 inch square and I whacked a 1/2 inch too much off one side! What's that saying.....

Anyway, everyone have a great day! Blondie I love the cartoon! Hope those in the dreary part of the world get some sunshine soon! Cold weather and drear are expected here this weekend!
                            Last edited by Mpyles; March 21, 2014, 06:38 AM.
                            Mary
                            SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Friday.jpg Hope it is a happy one for everyone, or at least an OK one. So much houselhold stuff needs to be done like tons of laundry and a real dusting of furniture but that has to be put on hold as around noon I'll be off to Staten Island for a Granny Cousin Lunch. FYI Grannys began as 5 cousins who met for lunch every month or so, unfortunately our founder, Terry, passed away last year and after a break we began meeting again last Fall. Holidays, snow and illness have kept us from meeting since November so there is much to catch up with.

For a change there isn't anything on our calendar for the weekend so it's time to catch up. As I mentioned tons of laundry, half of which are heavy winter clothes that need to be packed away. Now that there is something other than snow to see out the windows I've noticed how dirty they are on the outside, think I'll get DH to tackle that. Had the upstairs windows open yesterday and the rooms smell and feel refreshed.

Watched Jenny's new tut and I agree with Diane that you could make on really big block that way. Might be a good way to make some dolly quilts from leftovers. I really need to do something with my leftovers as they are taking up too much room in my stash and are scattered in different places. Think I'll cut them into layer cakes and charms, so much easier to store on a shelf and easier to get to.
                              Last edited by MayinJerset; March 21, 2014, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X