Oil pulling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pulling

Curiosity got the better of me and I had to see what this was. I had been seeing it here and there lately. I don't know if I could swish coconut oil (or some other oil) around in my mouth that long. Seems a little strange.

Does anyone do this?
    Sharon

Re: Oil pulling

Hmmmmmm? Wonder why my 'what's the latest daughter' hasn't started this????????
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

What is it???

Comment

I've heard of it, and I was intrigued until I read you are supposed to do it for 20 minutes. No thank you!
        Lori

Comment

Most of the claims made about oil pulling are testably false.

I don't think it will hurt you but it probably won't treat or cure anything either.
          Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

my question is who has 20 mins every day when your getting ready for work to do this?
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
              my question is who has 20 mins every day when your getting ready for work to do this?
              I agree! I do good to do what I do and get to work on time.

It would be nice if everything advertised actually does what it claims. Wouldn't that be nice? No one would be sick or have any kind of ailments at all! Everyone's teeth would be bright white, no toe fungus, no bad breath and not to mention wrinkle free skin. LOL!
              Sharon

Comment

I read about it out of curiosity as well. If you have crowns (who doesn't?) it could/would loosen them. No thank you.
                sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

OMG! I'd throw up if I had a mouthful of oil. Yuk! How horrible. I'm cringing here at the thought of it.
                  I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
                  Lorraine

Comment

Question? What is so special about coconut oil anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaB View Post
                      Curiosity got the better of me and I had to see what this was. I had been seeing it here and there lately. I don't know if I could swish coconut oil (or some other oil) around in my mouth that long. Seems a little strange.

Does anyone do this?
                      I adhered to the oil pulling program some years ago. It probably lasted all of a couple of weeks. Yes, CO is a good oil to use. The things it supposedly does for the body (per the group I was involved with) . . . cure-all. I doubt it. Then again, did not adhere to the program long enough for change undoubtedly.
                      sigpic

http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Comment

Originally posted by MayinJerset View Post
                        Question? What is so special about coconut oil anyway?
                        From various sources I have read: EVERYTHING.
                        sigpic

http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Comment

I have personal friends who swear by it, they've done it for over a year. Some have auto-immune illnesses and say that it has helped some. Most claim that it has lightened their teeth.

Haven't tried it caused the thickening oil idea makes me want to hurl...
                          sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

The news segment I watched showed a girl who scooped a spoonful out of a jar and putting it in her mouth. It looked liked a big glop of Crisco! YUCK! The reporter said people mostly use coconut oil because of the taste. I bet it taste better than Vicks Vapor Rub. I know some oldtimers that would actually swallow that stuff. My dad used to drink vinegar every day.

More power to ones that could do it. I don't think it's for me.

I wonder about the strangest things! LOL
                            Sharon

Comment

Amazing, if you listen to any of the 'drug' ads on TV, the side-effects far outnumber the positive benefits. I think this would do no more than grease my innards.

Checked with my daughter, who has fallen for the coconut oil and she tells me that Amanda (Ezra's Mom) has been doing this for weeks. Excuse me, no wonder she's looked a bit peaked.
                              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
                              X