Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

. . anyone live near/close to St. Louis. MO? . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

. . anyone live near/close to St. Louis. MO? . .

- the 1st week in June I will be heading out that way (thats the plan) with the xDIL and 2 of my grandbabies *not really babies anymore*~ - their father *my son*~ has a semi truck competition -
    and while out that way - I'll get to see one of my other granddaughters who lives over in Orzark

I'm crossing my fingers I will have enough time to take the time and head over to Hamilton
    I will be on the xDIL time table - :| . . she only has x-amount of vacation days *pooh poop*~

anyway . . . any suggestions on Hotel/Motels in the area? . . I have to make reservation soon - before all the truck drivers grab them all up
    waiting on MWR *military rentals*~ to see if something will be available during that time period is lis a toothache . *ugh*~
    2015 is here
    Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Re: . . anyone live near/close to St. Louis. MO? . .

Yep! I live near the airport in the north part of town. There are a bunch of smaller hotels near me, just off i-270. Hampton Inn, other names that I'll have to look up. Hampton Inn adjoins a cute little quilt shop and is across rhe highway from a big hancock Fabrics. There are tons of hotels by the airport. If you want hotels in the central or south part of town, I would have to search for names. Give me a jingle if you have time for a lunchor dinner!

Comment

- That would be great Jean -- Thank you for the FYI - it would be '''much appreciated'''

. . I'll check with my son and see if it's an open event
      HEY - maybe you would like to go?

don't know where the semi truck competition is going to be other than St Louis -- but it has to be a HUGE HUGE parking lot or an industrial site for all those that are signed up for it . .

and a fabric store and Quilt shop near by . . NOW who could go wrong with that . . LOL*~
      2015 is here

Comment

I only mentioned this one because it is near my house. I have found Hampton Inns to be generally decent places to stay, I have no idea if they have the best rates. This one is located at the intersection of two major interstates ( I-270 and I -170) with highway 70 being about 3 miles away. It all depends where your event is being held if this will be the most convenient place to stay. Do you know where the event will be held? If you can give me an address or a name, perhaps there is a better location for you to stay, and I can give you some names.

PS. If there are trucks involved, my grandson would love to see it!

PPS. Hamilton is about 4-5 hours from St. Louis, definitely a long day trip, can't knock this one out in an afternoon!
        Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; March 19, 2014, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Be advised that Ozark is 3-4 hours from St. Louis--another long day trip.
          Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

-- Jean -- just spoke with the son and the -- *TDC* - Truck Driving Championship -- is open to the public at no cost
            he's waiting on the information for the location - I mention the airport to him -- he said it will be about a 30 minute drive from the airport-- BUT which direction - don't know yet . . the dates are June 6th and 7th

- Angelia -- I won't have to make the trip out that way -
            my granddaughter will be with her dad *my son* - - so she will be there at the TDC

so I'll get to spend time with 3 grandbabies YaaaaaY*~ . . . OH WAIT!! I haven't been around -- 10 12 13 yrs olds -- in years . . I might have to take some earplugs and ''OMLN'' pills with me . . L*~
            2015 is here

Comment

My guess is that it will be held either south near Fenton or in St. Charles county. So the Florissant location wouldn't e too convenient. As soon as you find out the location, I'll do some research foryou.

Comment

If it is out this way ( in the Fenton area) there are several motel/hotels right at the I-44/- I270 area. Let me know what you find out, and I will be glad to give you some info. There is a Drury Inn, Pear Tree Inn, and motel 6 right there for sure.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Mo Truck Driving Championships -- June 6 & 7, 2014

DoubleTree – Chesterfield, 16625 Swingley Ridge Rd, Chesterfield, MO 63017
                  2015 is here

Comment

Originally posted by CountryHut View Post
                    Mo Truck Driving Championships -- June 6 & 7, 2014

DoubleTree – Chesterfield, 16625 Swingley Ridge Rd, Chesterfield, MO 63017
                    hope we can meet up while you are here!

Comment

I would have posted a bit more - but power went out here . . *ugh*~

For sure Jean . . as it stands right now -- I'm hoping to be in the area 5 days/4nights . .

also the event is open to the public . . at no cost
                      2015 is here

Comment

Will try to meet up. How exciting.
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

kewl beans . . the more the merrier
                          2015 is here

Comment

I'm originally from STL and still have family there. We stay at the Residence Inn at Earth City. They have single rooms, 1 BR and 2 BR suites. They have free breakfast, and it's a real breakfast. We were just there last night and this morning. I had oatmeal, real oatmeal not the packet, and turkey bacon. DH had a waffle and eggs. The people are wonderful there! The phone number is 314-209-0995 (I keep the number in my phone!)

Comment

Working...
                            X