So Sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Sad

Last night Al and I were working on a quilt when I heard (he said he didn't) a loud bang. We often hear dump trucks in the area, unloading a short distance from the house.

A few minutes later I happened to notice traffic on the highway slowing and building up. Horrendous accident about 300 feet from our driveway, young 43 YO woman killed in a head-on - she crossed over the median into another car and was ejected even though it appeared her seat belt was fastened. Wonder if it was a medical reason she lost control. So sad, so sad.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Re: So Sad

That is so sad. I hate that. I hope the rest of the occupants are okay. Blessings to all involved.
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Every single time I hear an emergency vehicle go by my home I cringe, because it is NEVER good. We live out in the woods, no fire hydrants....so when a fire truck goes by I KNOW it's bad. But nearly every time I hear sirens I say a silent prayer for the people they are racing to......
      sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Sandy, that is so sad! Praying that the occupants of the other car are not seriously injured.

Libby, i also say a prayer every time I hear sirens. Which is pretty often around here - we live about 2 blocks from a fire station!
        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Sad.
          I thought I was the only one that said a prayer when I heard sirens. Glad I'm not alone
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

So sad. I hope the others involved in the accident are okay.
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Prayers for the woman's family and prayers for the others involved.
              sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                Last night Al and I were working on a quilt when I heard (he said he didn't) a loud bang. We often hear dump trucks in the area, unloading a short distance from the house.

A few minutes later I happened to notice traffic on the highway slowing and building up. Horrendous accident about 300 feet from our driveway, young 43 YO woman killed in a head-on - she crossed over the median into another car and was ejected even though it appeared her seat belt was fastened. Wonder if it was a medical reason she lost control. So sad, so sad.
                Sandy, So sorry to hear this and so sad for the lady that was killed. I also hope you're ok because when this happens so close to our homes or when we come across wrecks it has a profound affect on us. Hugs...Genny
                TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Such a sad tragedy. Prayers for all involved, including you DF. Must have been a hard thing to hear and see.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

Such sad news, Sandy. Life really is a crapshoot, isn't it? I wonder if she fell asleep, had a heart attack, a stroke, drunk? Are the folks in the other car okay? I imagine you'll hear about it on your news or in the paper.
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

That is so sad. Prayers to all involved. So scary to hear things like that.
                      Cil
                      A quilt is a blanket of love
                      http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                      http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Oh Sandy, that's sad and awful and upsetting and tragic all rolled into one. Having it happen so close to you and your home has to be traumatic for you and your whole family, too. My heart--and prayers-- go out to you and all involved.
                        Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Prayers to her family.

Comment

Working...
                          X