Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for those who get Block electronically.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for those who get Block electronically.....

I have decided that this version may make more sense. #1 - less killing of trees (I was raised in Washington state, what do you expect?) #2 - I don't have to stalk the mailman and place him in fear of his life every other month.

Anyway, when you download it, does it show up on your kindle or iPad, or ???? I would like to be able to read it on my iPad and have it handy in the sewing room at all times. I have other quilting books on there and it's nice to be able to pull them right up when I want instead of searching the house for them.

Hope someone can shed some light for me.
    Last edited by bubba; March 12, 2014, 11:24 PM.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Re: Question for those who get Block electronically.....

I don't know what the Digital Block Subscription will be like but I have Creative Machine Embroidery Digital and view it on my Computer and I'm not trilled with it at all. For me its harder to see then the regular magazine. Just my opinion...
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I did get the digital version because it isn't delivered to Canada. I skimmed through it on my computer and I don't like it at all. Much prefer a magazine that I can flip the pages back and forth if I want to rather than scrolling. Sure hope they start to deliver to Canada as as I don't think I will buy another digital version.

Comment

Yes. I opened mine in my kindle app for iPad.
        "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Comment

I recently got the digital version and I was able to open it on my ipad in the iBooks app. I prefer to have the digital copy of magazines so that I don't to have to wait for it too arrive.

Comment

I have some digital issues of quilty - awesome as it is, but I'm thinking of subscribing to the hardcopy because of the nature of any craft mag. Patterns, pics, illustrations to flip through. I know you can make it bigger on the screen, but I like having a 'real' copy for something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by raksmum View Post
              I did get the digital version because it isn't delivered to Canada. I skimmed through it on my computer and I don't like it at all. Much prefer a magazine that I can flip the pages back and forth if I want to rather than scrolling. Sure hope they start to deliver to Canada as as I don't think I will buy another digital version.
              Well THAT is disappointing! After all the excited posts I was going to order it...guess that's out now.

Comment

Don't know where MY mind is......when I read the topic line I thought it was going to be about someone getting blocked from someone else's phone LOL
                Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by WendyI View Post
                  Well THAT is disappointing! After all the excited posts I was going to order it...guess that's out now.
                  The magazine itself is good. I just don't like to scroll through pages on my computer. If you don't have a problem doing that you should be ok.

Comment

I got it and it downloaded on my computer as pdf. I live in Canada, so this is the only way to get it for me. But, I think I prefer it on my computer instead of in paper. Gosh, the pictures are just so pretty.

Comment

I got the digital too. LOVE IT!! Yes I would love to have a paper copy because I like to flip through pager, but, I'm very happy with it. I figured if I have to, I'll print it.
                      "Trust in The Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In everything you do acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5,6

Come Join the Fun
                      Fall Mug Rug Swap & Secret Santa 2013
                      Patriotic Christmas Stocking

Comment

I too got the digital one and I'm more than happy with it. Remember, that all the projects are vids on youtube, so you've plenty of backup if you need it. It makes for a pleasant hour at the pooter reading it.
                        I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
                        Lorraine

Comment

Just got my digital version and it's great. I have a good sized monitor so it is an easy read.
                          Sometimes I wake up Grumpy!
                          Other times I just let HIM sleep.

Lynn

Comment

Just a heads up for those that bought the magazine digitally (or had it mailed). Just saw a post on the forum that there is a correction to the Disappearing Pinwheel. It is on page 47 and 48 on the digital copy but looks like page 53 & 55 on the hard copy. It says to square block to 11 3/4" but it should say square to 12 3/4" as per the tutorial.

Comment

I downloaded the digital version to my computer and transferred it to my ipad via itunes. Now I can open it in ibooks. Wasn't a problem at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X