Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Surprise!

Happy Sunday Folksies!

Yes, it's Sunday and I am sitting here on the computer. Something I very rarely do. I like to break precedent now and then. Keeps me on my toes and everyone else too.

Our Weather. Oh yeah. Snowed like a monkey throwing confetti on New Years Eve all Thursday afternoon through the night. Friday was beautiful to look at. Yesterday it started to warm up. And today we are supposed to be in the 60's! If there wasn't so much snow on the ground it would feel like Spring! I did get to work on two folks yesterday - a lot of folks are still without power, and until it warms up for a longer time, the peeps in town without shovels won't be able to get the cars out because THIS time the city/state actually had plows hit the residential streets. (with the exception of The Hill, that is)

I have been playing with scraps as usual. One of my special friend's daughter is getting married this fall and we spent yesterday evening discussing the plans. She wants me to make an autograph style wall hanging and we scoured pinterest and blogs. Ain't it amazing that people who don't sew a stitch, much less quilt, think anything is the same level of easy - as in, Hey Blondie, look at this one, looks easy. Uh huh, yeah, right. NO. Gotta love my gal pals - The Lord has been certainly extra generous to me in that part of my life. Near and far, I hold each one of my loved ones close to my heart.

Off to read a bit, then possibly if the snow melts some more, I may just sit outside in the sun. HURRY UP SPRING!!!!

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Sunday Surprise!

Good morning! What a wonderful surprise blondie!! Glad you got to make it in today...bonus day!!

Well DH an I did not drive up to M*....I had to put my truck in the shop on Thursday....as it sounded as if someone was killing it. On Friday they called with the cost to fix...and it was 700.00. I did not want to take the money our of savings or the Alaska fund...so I said no go..DH still wanted to go...but really I have at least 4 projects going and that or more waiting to start and I felt it would be frivolous to drive up there and buy stuff ..... Besides....if I save that money now...then maybe I can do the fall get together!!

Today I have a three things I have to finish in the sewing room...one is almost done and the other two...hopefully won't take long. My DS is in a cycling race at 11 am. It's it his first race for the team he joined and he really wants us to attend....and when do I ever say no to my son....lol

It rained all day yesterday...it's suppose to be nice here today...hope so! Everyone have a great day!!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Good morning! I'm still trying to spring forward with the help of coffee. I suspect a nap will be on today's schedule. We still have little bits of snow in the shady spots and there are mounds of it in parking lots. I went to the fabric store Friday and made a good haul using my gift cards. I got lots of fabric (mostly 1/2 yard cuts), a can of basting spray, a full-size batting, a pack of topstitch needles, and a spool of clear thread. Now I need another plastic container for storage. It's a vicious circle. LOL!
      I hope everyone has a safe and blessed Sunday.
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Originally posted by Mpyles View Post
        Besides....if I save that money now...then maybe I can do the fall get together!!
        YES!!!!

Fairly quiet around here - celebration for Rita's BD was fun. She was so excited, seeing the smiles was worth it.

Managed to get all the clocks forwarded last night - after the know-it-all 13 YO kept going around changing them back two hours because she knew she was right . . .

The sun is out, the bird feeder is a frenzy, and life is good. Keep up the good work!
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Our snow and ice is about gone finally. I have gotten alot of sewing done this past week. Being locked up in the house because of the weather has its advantages. I am so ready for spring it ain't funny! This weather is for the birds. Tons of ice and snow one day and a few days later its in the 60's. COME ON SPRING!!!
          Yall have a great Sunday It's back to work for me tomorrow

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is shining here today and is supposed to get to 45* - woohoo! Think I will get around and go visit Mom this morning - maybe I can talk her into sitting on one of the covered decks at her place? If I want to do that, I think I should wait until it is above freezing - just 26* now, but seeing the sun and hearing the birds singing makes me happy and I want to play outside!

My friend from work came over yesterday and we folded and organized more fabric - another whole bin is emptied onto the shelves! Also cut the kid fabric scraps into sizes for crayon roll ups for Ruby's Cyber Elves group. Also planned out the next round on my square in a square quilt. Lots of fun was had by both.

After bowling last night, I worked on the square in a square some more - it is coming along. Kind of boring/mindless sewing, but sometimes I just need that kind of mindless sewing - it is wonderfully comforting, just the hum of the machine......

Have a wonderful day all - enjoy whatever you are doing. Hugs and prayers, Lisa
            Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Hi everyone! Spring is slowly making itself known here. Yesterday was dreary all day, looked like it would snow any minute, but it never did. It inspired me to squirrel myself away in the sewing room from morning til supper time. Then a friend and I went to our local theatre to see the latest offering there. It was called The Cemetery Club about 3 widowed friends trying to adjust to the single life. Some of it was funny, some hit really close to home and one part was really sad. We knew the three actresses, they did a goid job. The one I knew best had laryngitis, was struggling to be heard, we all felt bad for her!

I was so productive in the sewing room. I had blocks almost all done for two more Irish chain quilts. One is a triple irish chain. That was quite a production! Thanks to Eleanor Burns, I got it together with the least amount of grief. The other one is a single with machine embroidery on the non 9 patched blocks. That turned out pretty. I'm going to put borders on today, and hopefully get at least one on the quilt frame. Then, I think I'm finished with this pattern for a while!

Hope everyone's snow is melting! Have a great Sunday! Hope everyone can get that nap in today to make up for that missing hour of sleep!

Comment

Good Sunday Morning! Woke up and remembered it was an hour later! Yuck. Sunny here in Solvang. It was 82 yesterday. Today is clean the barn day. Got lots of stuff I want to get rid of like camping gear we don't use, etc. Tired of stuff, although I am not a pack rat. Wanting to just have the things around me that matter. The rest can go. Wish I had another day off to get it all done.

Hope everyone has a stellar day today!
                Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Morning Blondie! It was a beautiful 53 here yesterday. I opened doors and a couple of windows to air out the house for a bit. It was great...can't wait for spring. We have my little Julia with us for her first sleepover! She's got a bad cold so she woke up once during the night and is still sleeping.
                  It is funny how some people look at things. I've had the same thing happen. Well you made that, so this can't be too hard...LOL
                  I guess, if I stop to think about it, I've probably done the same thing to someone else for something I know nothing about.
                  Well it's 3 hours since I started this so I guess I'll just tell everyone to have a great day!
                  Cil
                  A quilt is a blanket of love
                  http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                  http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Good Morning Everyone!! Finally have a Sunday off from work. DH didn't believe me when I told him we Sprang forward this morning. I had to tell him to check the clock on his Computer. lol Got all the clocks turned ahead except in the Bedroom. Going to start a fire in our down stairs den. Planning on laying out a quilt, to see how it looks. I got all these blocks, already done up, from a yard sale this past Fall. I have at least 160 some blocks. When I get it all laid out , I will post a pic to get some in put on it.
                    Well, at least the Sun is shining here in PA, compared to yesterday, it was snowing off and on. Guess we are headed into some more snow. Yippee, can hardly wait. NOT!! lol Spring will get here when it gets here. All I know is that anyone complains about the heat this Summer is gonna get Slapped. That includes the DH, he is always the first to complain.
                    Off to get my Day started. Happy Sunday!!!

Comment

Good Morning! Did we spring forward early this year? Feels like it.
                      Sandy don't ALL 13 year olds know EVERYTHING!? Oy.

So good to see you Blondie! And on a Sunday! Such a treat I just had to jump in myself, even tho my "sleeping in brain" isn't totally awake yet!

Got the last pot of Hocks and greens on for dinner. Last of the season. Perfect rainy day for it. I can't wait! Black beans and black eyed peas and we got dinner!

I need to take my machine in for some love. I never like to do this. I have my back up but I just don't like doing this. Am I the only one?

Ok, off to get this started. Have a wonderful Sunday all! Smile! Here comes Spring! I PROMISE!!! Hugs/Prayers all 'round!
                      sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Afternoon everyone....I don't like to take my machine in either...always afraid I am going to drop her or something....like when I slammed on the brakes and she tipped over in the trunk...took her in again yesterday...she was just in there a little while ago but am still having some issues....we will see..no charge to me unless parts need replacing.....enjoy your day everyone....will be glad when it is bedtime again...;wondering how long it will take me to adjust this time...I hate time change...messes me up!

Comment

Working...
                        X