What boosted your spirits recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What boosted your spirits recently?

I spent yesterday at home with my youngest. She was home sick. She tends to get sick everytime she has a large growth spurt. We watched movies (Harry Potter moviethan), ate mac and cheese, and played with sock monkeys.
    Jenni :icon_wave: :icon_evil:

Comment

This morning Vonnie found me some fabric I was looking for
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Baby angelfish! I used to breed them years and years ago, then stopped having my own tank completely.

Hubby breeds discus, but they don't make me happy like angelfish do.

We just replaced the tiny little tank in our grandson's bedroom in our house with a much bigger one, and I got 10 little baby angels.

They are SO CUTE!!!! I was adding some plants, and they are like little children. They HAVE to check out everything that's happening in their tank. Watching them follow me around the tank, involved in the placement of every plant, just made me laugh out loud! I sure missed having them around. Fish with personality, makes me smile every time!

Watching my grandson fall in love with them was pretty sweet also. The icing on the cake. With some sprinkles, too.
        Cathryn

Comment

One thing that boosted my quilting spirits was completing the two rag quilts for my nephews I posted about earlier. As a newbie quilter, I really have a hard time cutting fabric from yardage. I'm convinced precuts are the only reason I'm even attempting to quilt today! Something about seeing beautiful fabric - especially anything over a yard - that gets me all nervous about not cutting it straight and messing it all up! I'm always afraid its not folded right so I fold and unfold and refold...lather, rinse, repeat at least 10 times.

I could have taken the easy way out by buying a solid LC, because I knew I didn't want the patchwork look on both the front and the back - but I really liked the two different colored "alphabet" yardage they had so I decided to bite the bullet and cut 84 10" squares myself!

They matched up as perfectly as I could have hoped.
          Vicki
          Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Comment

I just watched a YOU TUBE video of when Wolves were introduced to Yellowstone and the effect they had on the environment, rivers, forests etc. What a beautiful "dance" nature is and how we screwed it up and then recovered . Amazing video. Gives one hope in this world.

Comment

Being asked to come along on a work trip, collecting requests and bouncing ideas for a revamp of a web application we work with. A software tester is rarely included at that stage of the process so being asked to come means something.
              ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

After several years of not being able to afford to get my eyes checked I was finally able to a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday I got the call to go and pick up my glasses. When I put them on I almost started crying because I could see! I didn't realize how bad my vision had gotten until I put the new glasses on. I also got a pair of 'granny glasses' so I can see when I am sewing. I haven't gotten to try them out yet, but I am looking forward to that as well. So, I am very thankful for my glasses and my spirits have been lifted a lot. Thank you all for sharing your stories. They have lifted my spirits too.d
                May your day be blessed. :icon_wave:

Shea Michelle

Comment

Our cat Little Toot was lying in the floor this morning in a large sunbeam and the shadow looked liked batman! It was a nice chuckle to start me day.
                  Sharon

Comment

This is what gives me a boost. Only downside, I have not seen them since April 2013.

Comment

I have two:

1) Being invited to travel to Florida with my ex-wife and her daughter for a few days.

2) Getting a designated sewing area in my home. Yea!

Comment

I wasn't really sure how to answer this when I first read it. You would think it would be an easy answer, especially after being given a clean bill of health after my last CT a few weeks ago. I was excited...I know I can go another 6 months without that looming over me. My problem is I am a fixer. I fix everyone else's problems. I always have been. But when some things are un-fixable it weighs on me. Well that is where I have been. Until today....I got to talk to one of my dear quilty friends..that I love to pieces. I am sure we could have chatted for another hour or so, but I had to leave to pick up my little stud muffin. This is a smile that will last for a while.
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

I love reading all your blessings, everyone. That's what I call them. I suppose it all started when I found that saying "What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday?" So I decided to think about what blessing(s) I had received that day so when I lay down to sleep, I am sure to include that in my prayers.
                          Today's blessings so far - the sun is shining and the snow is melting! The kitties were all waiting for me to come home. I got home early today - at 4. Hearing my DS#2 college kid say "HI MOM!" as I walked in the door as he is home on Spring Break. Some days there are more than others but I always find at least one blessing to make me smile.

Hugs,
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

My spirits were boosted this morning when My friend and her husband picked me up at 8 this morning to head to the quilt show in NJ. He dropped us off at the door and went and done his own thing. We looked at loads and loads of fabric till our eyes popped . We each bought some and some patterns for new things we want to make. We stopped and had lunch at the cafeteria and went on shopping and looking some more. My 2 we were beat and she called him and he picked us up at the door for a long 2 hour ride home. What a wonderful time we had!
                            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                            Sigmund Freud

Comment

For my First Friday Quilters meeting...today I was a social butterfly...left everything at home and offered to help a couple of the girls with issues they were having.......made my day...also will be taking my machine in for another look as it is still noisy...no charge this time!

Comment

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                                My passion is quilting. Every year I try to add a new skill. I have been Free Motion Quilting on my domestic sewing machine, a Brother PC420 for five months now. I am thrilled to say that I have overcome my fear of FMQ (which was intense) and have been able to at least partially adjust my mindset to think how to use the quilting to enhance the quilt. Here are the FMQ swirls and a cornerstone flower on my quilt Sunny Summer Days[ATTACH=CONFIG]70176[/ATTACH]
                                It's nice to see what the pc420 can do. I am buying it in 11 days.
                                Hugs,
                                Joanne

There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. - Bob Ross

A girl needs to surround herself with TONS of happiness.
                                Happiness = fabric!:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Working...
                                X