talk about a rude awakening!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talk about a rude awakening!!!!

Quite often I wake at 0400.......I don't have to get up till 0600, so it's quite aggravating, especially if I can't get back to sleep. Well this morning, I wake up before the alarm. As I lay there in bed, I can hear the rain pounding down on the roof. I am one who does not find this relaxing at all. After tossing and turning for probably close to an hour, I roll over to see what time it is and if I should just get up or not. Imagine my surprise when my clock said 0653!!!! I have never been so thankful that it is set 20 minutes fast than I was this morning! So at 0627, I fly from bed, slap on the deoderant and race to the bathroom (did I een brush my hair????). I was out of the house, minus my lunch, in under ten minutes! Thank goodness I only have a two mile commute because I'd have been late otherwise.

I feel like I will now be behind all day long..............
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Re: talk about a rude awakening!!!!

Ugh! I hate those days!

I hope it will get better and you'll be home before you know it.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I hate when that happens,, hopefully your day will get better.
      May the road rise up to meet you...
      May the wind be always at your back...
      May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
      Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

We had 2 hour delay start at school today so did I get anything done at home? Of course not!!! Sewwwwww ashamed!

Comment

That is always a pain to start a day that way. I usually feel like I'm running behind all day long. Hope you day got better.

Comment

Ugh, hope your day gets better.
            Donna

Comment

Hope you catch up with yourself during the day. When that happens to me I feel rushed for the rest of the day.

Comment

And today things are back to normal.....woke up at 0400
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

I think you will have a totally amazing day cause you got extra rest!!
                  Mary
                  SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Ha!!!! Once I finally fell back asleep after 0500 only to hear the alarm go off at 0545!
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Well, at least you didn't do all that rushing to get to work before you realize it's Saturday. I've done that! I felt so silly. Went ahead and treated myself to breakfast though.

Comment

Okay, I'll admit what I did years ago. The kids were probably still in elementary school...yes, they were. Anyway, I came home from work at 1500, I'd gone in at 0300, so I was really tired. Laid down to take a short nap. I woke up, it was 1905, which at that time of year looks the same outside as 0705 in the morning. I was running around the house ripping off my clothes, throwing new clothes on, telling my husband to call my work which I was now late to and tell them I had a flat or something and he and the girls just sat on the couch looking at me like I was possessed! When I finally figured out it was 1905 and not 0705, I was not amused. Did I say I don't wake up well??
                        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

That sounds like my days lately. This morning, noone wanted to get out of bed. I got the girls dress, snack (they get breakfast at school), hair combed, bundled within an inch of their lives, and to the bus stop 2 minutes before it is expected. Of course, because of snow, the bus is late. I called the bus barn after 10 minutes and was told it would be 5 to 10 more minutes. They had to figure out who was driving our route. The girls got to school around 8:20, scarfed down breakfast, and homeroom started at 8:30.
                          Jenni :icon_wave: :icon_evil:

Comment

Working...
                          X