Carneval 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carneval 2014

Yesterday we celebrated carneval here in Luxembourg.

P1060292 copie.jpg

on the left is Dad (86), myself, Boris our son with his girlfriend and her son, little Charel and DH, our SIL Tun and Elisabeth our daughter. Annemarie, our other daughter was working.

These gatherings help keep the family together and I like them.
    sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Re: Carneval 2014

How fun! It sounds a lot like Mardi Gras in New Orleans La. here. Do y'all throw beads like the party-ers during Mardi Gras?

For those curious, here is a link to Carnavale in Luxembourg: Major events in Luxembourg - Visit Luxembourg

Have fun, Michele! Your family is so handsome - your Dad looks phenomenal. You make a marvelously eccentric looking waiter or is it maitre 'de ???
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

You look like a fun group in your costumes! Little Charel is growing so fast!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Looks like fun! Nice when we get together with our families
        To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
        Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

Nice picture and looks like everyone had a fun day!
          Shirley aka buckeyequilter
          I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

[QUOTE=Blondie;481949][SIZE=4][COLOR="#000080"]How fun! It sounds a lot like Mardi Gras in New Orleans La. here. Do y'all throw beads like the party-ers during Mardi Gras?

@Blondie I prefer a maîtr'de because that's a step above a waiter. Sometimes those get to taste the wines too, if the restaurant don't have a sommelier.

Yes we had lots of fun. Dad enjoyed it too. He was the last one to leave.

Actually in the carneval procession they throw beads and sweets. But I don't really like being thrown in our dining room and the kids know it. Otherwise they'd have to clean it up too. So maybe that's why they don't throw anything.
            sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

What a good looking fun group, thanks for sharing you together time.

Comment

Looks like a wonderfully fun time!!
                sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                Sigmund Freud

Comment

[QUOTE=mamaquilt;482006]
                  Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                  [SIZE=4][COLOR="#000080"]How fun! It sounds a lot like Mardi Gras in New Orleans La. here. Do y'all throw beads like the party-ers during Mardi Gras?

@Blondie I prefer a maîtr'de because that's a step above a waiter. Sometimes those get to taste the wines too, if the restaurant don't have a sommelier.

Yes we had lots of fun. Dad enjoyed it too. He was the last one to leave.

Actually in the carneval procession they throw beads and sweets. But I don't really like being thrown in our dining room and the kids know it. Otherwise they'd have to clean it up too. So maybe that's why they don't throw anything.

Wise move. I don't like cleaning up after any party! hehehe. Enjoy the festivities. You have a way of making anything FUN. hugs
                  Blondie
                  Sewing mends the soul.
                  sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                  Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                  ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

What a fun looking group!
                    Vonnie

Comment

Working...
                    X