X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bubba
    replied
    Re: Can't believe I'm watching this Nite Owls

Love my Kitchenaid!!!! Bought the first over 30 years ago, it was a cream one. Back then they only came in cream or white. When they came out in colors, I wanted a blue one and I got it one year for Christmas, so my mother in law got the cream one. Well, when she died, I got it back so now I had two! We were in the midst of building our huge new kitchen and blue was not in the scheme of things, so I gave each of the daughters one of the mixers and bought the granite one that Costco sells...it has the rough finish to it. If I were going to ever replace it, I'd get one with the screw base again, because I don't really care for the lifting up and down one. I rarely use it, so I can live with in, and besides, Monkeyman likes it!

Leave a comment:

• MayinJerset
    replied

I did stop by here for a look see but didn't see anyone around. Lori, I passed on Cowboys and Aliens, later ended up in the middle of a Midsomner Murders that I couldn't make heads nor tails of - guess you have to watch from the beginning to find out who got killed.

Birthday party for DH's 80th coming up here in 2 weeks, Only kids will be great grandsons 9 months and 2 1/2 - think I can handle that many little kids at once. Keeping it simple, ordering hero sandwiches and a really nice cake. DS#3 will be here that weekend so he and kids will help get the house ready for the party and son will pick up sandwiches. Got DS#2 to pick up the cake for me. I'll find something for DS#1 to do as our boys have to get in the grove to giving us a hand. That's the problem with being self sufficient, no one every thinks you need help. The past few years I've had a hard time physically arranging, preparing and getting the house ready for family get togethers. I would have everything arranged and made on time but felt like taking a long nap on the party day ad really didn't enjoy them at all. I've mentioned this to family several times but no one seems up to taking over the chore of family stuff. I'm doing this for DH even though he said he didn't want any fuss, can't let a landmark Bday pass without notice.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

zombie or post-apocalyptic dramas

Me too!

What a nice gift! Kitchen Aids are the best. I'm on my second one. The first broke down right at a garage sale. I gave it to the guy for $5 and said if you can't fix it I'll give your money back. Guess he fixed it.

I actually had a commercial one for several years making wedding and specialty cakes. It was getting to be to much work with two toddlers to raise. Plus I was delivering them all over the island with both of them. Ugh

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

Any any part of the zombie or post-apocalyptic dramas my husband watches.

We had my daughter's birthday party with friends today. THAT was crazy town for sure. Next year, hubby says we are taking them bowling or something that does NOT coop them up in a room.

We had the rest of the family over for tacos and the rest of her birthday since my grandson could make it today. My sister decided to bring my gift over early. I said I could swing by and meet her for coffee and pick it up. But she insisted that she bring it to the house. (Odd.)
    I don't know what I did to make her think I deserved such a gift, but she bought me a new Kitchenaid stand mixer! I am still in shock! I have read the directions and I think I can handle it. We'll give it a spin in the AM with a batch of blueberry waffles!
    It might not have been the color I would have picked IF she had come right out and included colors in our discussion of stand mixers in general during our girls weekend. Instead she asked about colored kitchen appliances a few weeks ago on a FB post and showed a pic of a stove. I posted that a good neutral would work no matter if you changed the color of your kitchen.
    So I am now the proud owner of a glossy Onyx 5 qt Tilt head mixer! Whoo hoo! I won the small kitchen appliance lottery!

I'm tuckered after the day of kids and only a few hours of sleep. We;ll see how long my meds let me sleep tonight! I'll be glad when they are done! Ugh!
    Last edited by toggpine; March 2, 2014, 12:19 AM. Reason: Tried to add a photo

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    started a topic Can't believe I'm watching this Nite Owls

Can't believe I'm watching this Nite Owls

Cowboy's and Aliens. I'm almost embarrassed to omit it. lol

Have one you can fess up to?
Working...
X