Started a blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started a blog

I have started a blog about quilting and general crafting. I would like some input so I am sharing the link so I can hear what everyone has to say.

Quilting Through Loss | piedmontquilter
    "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Re: Started a blog

Rhonda, great start! Sorry for the loss of your momma. Hard living with out a parent. Especially when you are so close to them. Blessings to you. Keep up the blog!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

I read your blog. You will enjoy writing about things. I have a blog, which I have sort of abandoned, but I found myself looking at things from the perspective of a reporter, and using photography and writing to tell my story. Fun hobby!

Comment

That's such a nice tribute to your Mom. I have a blog and I really enjoy it when I have enough going on to make it interesting.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I like blogging - even though I haven't written anything in 2 months. It has become an outlet in itself for me of sorts. I have all kinds of stuff in my head to write about - sitting down and doing it - that's a whole other thing.

You're off to a great start.
          Kathy Crofoot
          http://kathyscache.blogspot.com

Comment

Very nice Rhonda

Comment

Im sorry for your loss but I had to smile when I read this blog what a wonderful tribute!!!! I know her passing hurt you an you miss her but as long as you have memories shes not gone. I adore the casket what you did for her was so precious !

Comment

Rhonda, I enjoyed reading your blog very much. My MIL loved cardinals (the actual birds; she wasn't much of a sports fan, although my FIL was a lifelong RedSox fan); we had them in her funeral flowers, and when DH and I moved into the house where he grew up, we kept all the cardinal-themed decorations she had. I still love to see them on my backyard bird feeder, and think of her fondly whenever I see one.

Comment

My mom picked out her casket. One time when she was at the hospital, Marilyn and I was up there visiting I was telling Marilyn about a Marines casket I saw and how cool it was (her hubby is retired marines). I was showing it to mom and Marilyn and was telling them about all the different kinds you could get from marines, to Star Trek, and even sports teams and my mom's eyes just lit up. I looked at her and told her that, "Yes, they make Cardinals ones" so she had to see it. When I showed it to her that was all it took. She said, "that's what I want." So that is what she got. I didn't show the open pictures that I have (she isn't in them) but the lid has the Cardinals logo in it. The funeral home was so excited about it. The owner even showed up to her visitation to see it because they had never had anything like that before. Mom had all kinds of Cardinals memorabilia that went with her has well (autographed stepping stone, custom jersey, stadium replicas, brick paver with her name on it, etc). She loved cardinal birds too and I have those things in my home on a book self in my hallway.
                  "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Comment

That's very nice, Rhonda. I can tell you that it does get a little easier over time, but you never stop missing them. This May will be 18 years for my Mom and this past January was 9 years for my Dad. Normally I can talk and think about them without the tears, but for some reason yesterday I thought of my Dad and the tears started flowing. It happens now and again over one or both of them.

For those of you lucky enough to still have one or both of your parents, count your blessings. Remember that they will not always be here and spend as much time with them as possible.
                    Donna

Comment

I lost my Mom when I was 16 and my Dad about 10 years later...both of them way too young...and I still miss them and 16 was a loooong time ago! LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X