Daughter update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daughter update

Annika.. Lilly hit it right on the head.... I've shared with you our recent and past crisis with my son... We are blessed that he's working diligently to stay sober and in that vein... "sane".... Our children are "two people" the person they want to be and the person that struggles................... Follow the advice of the doctors... meanwhile just do what your doing.. finding something to distract you ie" quilting etc... reading was something that helped me a lot.. something that takes you to another place.. this is a chemical imbalance most likely ,, something that takes a lot to work thru and find the right path...Just know you in my thoughts and prayers...
    hugs, Barbara
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Annika.......prayerful thought for you and your daughter. I hope you will find a counselor that can help you through this stressful time.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Blessings.jpgPrayers and Blessings coming your way and for your DD too. Work on that quilt, it will help you relieve some of the terrible stress you have been living with. Please come here often to let us know how you both are doing and to vent your frustration, we're here for you 24/7.

Comment

As you know, Annika, our family lived through the same thing with one of our DD. One thing I remember is feeling like no one wanted to hear me talk about it anymore. WE WILL NEVER TIRE OF YOU COMING TO US ASKING FOR PRAYER AND TELLING US WHAT IS GOING ON. Please know this to be true. You can come to us every day and we will not tire of hearing about how you and your daughter are doing. We will cry with you over the pain and rejoice with you over the successes. It's what friends are for.
          Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

{{hugs}} Annika
            Cathryn

Comment

Praying for you and your daughter, Annika, for a cure for all the pain you all are in. ((Hugs))
              My friends call me Peggy
              The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

Sweet, sweet friend, I too feel the pain and exhaustion in your words. Try to get some real rest, and I pray that the Lord's unmatchable peace may give you rest in your soul. Please know that we truly care. Love you! Sheri
                sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

I agree that Lilly as said it best. My heart aches for you and you both have been in my prayers and will continue to be. Make sure you get some professional support as well. Your family has been through a lot these last couple of years and everyone grieves differently over time/stages. You don't have to go through this alone.

Much love and huggers, Ruby
                  sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

I'm sure the professionals see that kind of behaviour all the time, the one you describe as turning around and not acting like she has hurt herself at all. Talk to them about it and you will get that confirmed and your compass will feel if not less wobbly, than at least in good company!

This must be so hard for you, Annika. My heart goes out to you. So much to happen to you in such a short period of time. I hope she will be on the mend real soon and that she will reach out to you. Rest, so you can be there for her when that happens.

((((((((((((Annika))))))))))))))
                    ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Oh Annika, I am so sorry that you are going through this. I will continue to pray for you, your daughter and the ones who are helping her. I know it is hard to be away from her, but that is probably best for both of you right now. Take care of yourself and consider Renate's offer - a "change of scenery" as we say would be good for you.
                      Donna

Comment

Annika, sounds like you should take a little visit with Renate. Maybe you need a little time for yourself too. Take good care of yourself.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Praying for you all daily...
                          Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Annika, you and your daughters are all in my prayers. ((((HUGS))))
                            *~* Myrna *~*
                            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Praying for you and your daughter.

Comment

Annika,

Warm hugs and prayers for you. I am sure it is very hard for you. When our children hurt...so do we. Will keep all of you in my prayers!
                                Mary
                                SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X