Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughter update

Hi

First of all, Thank you so much for all of your support and prayers!

It has been a lot that has happen in a short amount of time.

Josefine was discharged from the ward and after a very long day we ended up in the emergency social care place.
    there we sat from 17 to 21 before they found an emergency foster care place that could take her.

She absolutly refuses to come home and says that if she is forced to come home she will harm her self or even try to take her life again. And since I am by now totaly emotional and physical empty I can not take her home during the circumstances. So from last night she is in the foster care place and there she will remain during the social service investigation. (not sure of all the terms, try to use word I know) And there Investigation can take up to 4 month to complete.

The imidiate plan is that she will go back to school on monday and on tuesday I and her contakt person and the social service person will join up and met at the place that she now is at. She will continue to go the the phsychologist that she has been seeing.

My self is as from to day home on sick leave from the doc. I have a hard time talking and keeping a straight thought chain. Lose my thoughts and is shaking all over. I am a very strong person, but even the strong walks on their knees sometime, and right now it feels like walking with my chin.

I have been in touch with the school and trying to set up a safty net. She has to be in eyesight of an adult at all times.

What is the most frighting is that as soon as she have her will she turn around and sounds and act like she has not harmed her self and all is normal. That behavior throws my inner compass away so that I start to douwbt my insticts.

I am very confused. And I have found out that she is on her way to an eating disorder to. Hopefully we have caugt it on time.

This is an little update on the chaos that my life is right now.

I try to take my mind of things by fmq her quilt that I am making for her and hope that I have the strength to complete it so I can have it with my on tuesday when I will see her.

Thank you all again for thinking and careing for us, It means a lot.

Hugs Annika ( sorry for the bad spelling and use of wrong words)
    Last edited by Swedish leo; February 28, 2014, 10:48 AM.
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Daughter update

Oh I hope everything gets better. I feel for you. Keep your chin up. People are thing of you and praying for you & your daughter.
    Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

Don't forget to take care of you during all of this mess. Still keeping you and your little family in my thoughts and prayers.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

You said it perfectly has she been diagnosed with anything yet? Like Bipolar? I don't know many terms so I was just curious. I hope you find the reason for this soon so she can be helped and you both have some peace in your lives.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I'm so sorry you are going through this awful time. We know your daughter is suffering, but as her mother you are suffering also. A mother and father always wants the best for their child. As hard as it is to accept, right now your daughter is where she needs to be. That doesn't make it any better for you, but hopefully she will start showing some improvement and you will feel better also.

You are in my thoughts. Please find someone who you can talk with to de-stress. You need a safety release also.

Comment

Annika, I hear the pain in your heart coming out through your words. I can only hope and pray that she can get on a firmer mental footing to stay safe while she heals. And whatever placement works best for her safety, I hope the right place can be found. You feel so helpless to do the right thing when the youngster seems bent on a self-destructive course. Try to stay strong yourself. And take care of yourself.

Comment

Annika, you and your girls are in my thoughts and prayers. You have all been through an emotional roller coaster the past couple years, and that puts a lot of stress on every one. Hang in there.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Dear Annika,
                it nearly breaks my heart if I try to feel what you are Feeling in this hard time. I wish you strength, a lot, and may your hope for better times will not go down. And my invitatin is still standing: if you ever need a break, a resting place for some days, just to be, to sew, with a shoulder to lean on, with good Food and talks or no talks .... our door is always open. I really mean it serious!
                I am with you
                Renate

Comment

Annika - praying for you and your family now - as a mother of two daughters (21 & 19) - my heart truly aches for what you must be going through... {{{hugs}}}
                  Norma

Comment

Annika... I too can hear the sadness and pain in your words.... Even though we are virtual friends we are still your friends so please feel free to lean on us here for support and encouragement... you and your daughter continue to be in my prayers...

Comment

I am a lost for words that will comfort you or ease your worries. I just can't imagine how hard all this is for you. All I can think of is to pray for you and your daughter. Hugs Ann
                      sigpic
                      Hugs Ann

Comment

This is such a confusing and hurtful time for you and your daughter(s). I will continue to pray for all of you. Be brave, Dear Friend. You have much support and love here. Thank you for updating us. Love, Barb
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Annika, my heart just breaks for you and your daughter. I pray for you both constantly and you are never far from my thoughts. You are understandably tired and worn out emotionally. Rest in God's love and let Him carry you when you are too tired to put one foot in front of the other. Hugs!!
                          Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Dear, Sweet, Annika,
                            Having been down a similar path with DD who has an Eating disorder, I can understand some of what your life must be like right now. I agree that you must take care of yourself right now and perhaps the biggest part is convincing yourself that this is NOT your fault. You just have to believe that. That's what her docs kept trying to get us to grasp. They have studies to show that 2 kids brought up in the same family with the same circumstances will have vastly different responses to their upbringing. It depends more on their genetic make-up. You are not to blame. And, trust me, one day things will be better so just hang on, ok?

Comment

Some children have problems that no one can understand but them. Hopefully, her counselors can get to the bottom of it, and then she can start to heal. You should also consider finding someone that you can talk to as you can't do it alone. With all our love, your forum friends.
                              Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X