Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday's Here!

Good Morning!
    I am rudely awake at 3:30AM. That fried chicken was sooo good for supper, but I am not enjoying it so much now. I'll see if a hot cup of peppermint tea and snoozing upright on the couch will do the trick. If not, then I'll have to get one of the heavy duty acid reflux tablets from the Hubby. Ugh!

In other good news, I have the Wild Things blocks done and they will be mailed off today. I also have the 30 blocks done for Em's Zebra quilt finished too. I hope to assemble that later this morning. (I'd do it now, but I would like another few hours of sleep. Even if the come from snoozing on the couch!)

I sincerely hope you all have a better start to your Thursday!
    Hugs! Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Re: Thursday's Here!

Oh Cathy I've been there with heartburn. What a rough start to your day!

Blondie wishes everyone a good morning - having forum troubles again.

The rain has stopped and it's a chilly sunny morning here in NJ. Very springlike, I'll take it! My long day at work so I'll be skulking around the forums when I can get away with it :-).
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Cathy, I have spent many a night sitting up and sleeping either from acid reflux or sinus infections, it's no fun. I lay there and think of all the quilting I could get done but don't feel like doing it. Frustrating! I hope you get a few more hours of sleep. Today's my day to volunteer and then this evening we're heading to our ranch for a long weekend. I never want to come home from there! Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Another drizzly day here.

Cathy, sorry you had a bad night. Hope you can catch some ZZZZ's then get that zebra quilt done.

Today is also my long day at work and then I have ambulance meetings tonight so no sewing for me today. Although I am looking forward to getting some done on the weekend. Too many projects buzzing around my head. Don't know which to work on next. If I would just finish one before I start another I'd be better off.

Have a great day.
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Oh, Cathy....hope you were able to sleep some after you were rudely awakened. How uncomfortable. Nancy, know what you mean about having so many projects 'in the queue'. Sometimes I spend too much time 'planning' I don't have enough time to 'do'! Hope to work on a 'charm purse' today. Tonight we have our 'craft group' gathering for the hospital Auxiliary and will bring the ideas everyone submitted to me on this forum. Thanks, again! We can not wait to get started. Happy day to each of you.
          Cynthia

Comment

Happy Cinco de Mayo!
            I will probably be in your situation tonight Cathy...mexican food...yum, but I pay for it! Hope you get some rest tonight!
            Blondie - hope you make it on here. I would get frustrated if I couldn't get connected on a regular basis.
            I finished the quilting on my D9P quilt yesterday! Now just have to trim it and work on the binding and label. So excited to get it done so I can work on something else!!
            Hope you all enjoy whatever you are doing today!
            Patti
            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

sorry about the heartburn-thats so miserable. I used to get it real bad when I was pregnant. I would end up trying to sleep sitting up and crying it hurt so bad. i don't remember what the DR. had me take but it was my constant companion.

My twister tools came yesterday so I'm cutting some fabric to use with them. I'm starting out with the 10" and then i'll move on to the smaller one. will have to send someone (DD) back to the attic to find some more fabric for me. and probabably to the store for more ziplocs to store the blocks. That girl is gonna be so tired of me by the time this is over.

On another subject- has anyone noticed how hard it is to find neutral baby things?? MY DD1 is pregnant and I've been trying to get a gift for my mom to send to her shower. Even online what few things there are are out of stock. They are not finding out the sex so they want to start out with neutral.
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Thanks for all of your commiserating well-wishes. The hot tea did help. I didn't realize how loud the world is at that time of the morning. Our dog was barking at the raccoons who were returning to their hide-a-way after a night of foraging, mostly in my husband's bird feeders. Then the roosters started at about 4 AM. The cat started carrying on from the front porch shortly after that. Hubby's radio went off at 5 and he finally left at about quarter to 6. I did catch a couple of hours so I am in a much better mood than if I had just stayed up.
                Sorry that you girls are having trouble logging on. So frustrating to not be able to check in on your friends.

For the neutral baby suggestion - you can always go with diapers. Not the most exciting thing, but very necessary. A cute stuffed animal or bright rattle on top of the package will linger a little longer. If you need to send/ship the package you can order from some online places. I think it's diapers.com or something. Don't get the smallest size. Go up to a 15/20 pound size. That way no matter how large or small the baby is the diapers will be useful. You could also send cloth diapers as burp rags. If you want to make them a little more personal, you can add ric-rac or find some fun prints and sew a narrow strip along the bottom edges. That will also keep them from getting mixed up if she is using a cloth diaper service. Good luck on that!
                Cathy
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks Cathy, diapers were going to be my last resort. I know she will need them but my mom expects something more exciting as her gift. also she seems to be oblivious to the fact that I'm rather immobile right now and really can't go out and shop! LOL
                  Thank goodness for the internet. i can shop and have it sent right to DD.
                  “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

It's about time that I can finally get back to my quilting friends and say Hi.
                    I haven't been able to log in for awhile something was going on with the site. I started to give up and feel like I'd never be able to chat with any of you again. But I'm sure glad that is not the case.

Comment

sewsoft, I'm glad you were able to get in! Blondie isn't having any luck, either.
                      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Working...
                      X