Sunday, Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunday, Sunday

Sandy when you find where you get them let me know I sure can use one. I've been down for the count with bronchitis going on two weeks now, the only thing I have energy to do is sleep and more sleep!
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I finally went to bed about 4:30. Em had a nightmare while I was up reading, so she got a few cuddles to make it better.

I'll fix us something to eat and finish off the book. I'd love to have some doughnuts with gooey frosting & sprinkles, but since we don't have any, I guess Honey Nut Cheerios will have to do.
      Hubby is out at the gun show with one of his buddies. Have fun boys! He'll probably be home after lunch.

Once I finish my last few chapters of my book, I'll finish Em's new curtains and make an attempt at a chair cushion for her desk chair. Not quilting, but still sewing !

You all have a good day and find something to smile about!
      Hugs, Cathy
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Hmmmm I feel the same way. With a chronic illness, I am always tired it seems. There is never any "Me" time...unless I make a point to do something. Most of the time "ME" time is sewing, or paper crafting.
        Like today, Church at 8, subbing for Bible School this AM, visiting with a couple of shut-ins at 1 pm. I need to get on the move and go to the grocery store. It's cold here, and DH says he isn't moving .....which means I have to run the errands myself. Then after going to the store, it's come home, unpack the groceries, put them away, start dinner, and then start some laundry that I should have done Friday......
        I wish I had the energy I had in my 20-30's ....Oh My! I could clean the entire house in one day, run errands for my mom's small business, work 10 hours a day etc....not now though.....

Oh Well, maybe tomorrow will be a better day....I sometimes think we just put too much on our plates......( and I am someone that has a hard time saying no )
        Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
        http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Sandy, do what my mom used to do: she would get a hotel room in town and not answer the phone all weekend. She would take a bubble bath, watch old movies, etc. and not talk to a soul. That was how she would recharge!
          Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
          Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Originally posted by BellasQuilts View Post
            Sandy, do what my mom used to do: she would get a hotel room in town and not answer the phone all weekend. She would take a bubble bath, watch old movies, etc. and not talk to a soul. That was how she would recharge!
            Do I have to take Al with me, or can I invite the cute bellboy to carry my baggage?

I like this idea.
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Okay, enough fun and games. I did manage to get to the sewing room and do a very intense (45,000 + stitches) embroidery which was later turned into a bag for the girls to carry their missals back and forth to mass.

Which brings up a question - I did a box bottom which implies that the side pieces fold in upon themselves. But, with the weight of the books the sides are gaping out. How do I prevent this? Do I put an elastic loop and a button to hold the ends closed? Is any of this making any sense?

I'll see everyone in a week or so - off to make reservations at the Stony Creek Lodge.

Comment

I found no charger at my house. It's been a monsoon here and I had to take care of dd's doggie. I love him but walking him in the muddy grass I could do without, he's huge and walks me. I won't tell dd that the only time he was happy was sleeping on the couch with me. lol

Barb have you ever done apple sauce in a slow cooker? I saw a recipe somewhere and wondered about that.

Sandy I'm working on a design that is giving me such a head ache. It was buckling so much. I changed the interfacing like three times and finally changed the fabric. I'm on my sixth try. I even contacted EL to see If I could get a different size. Nice responces but no luck.

So about the bags. We have to use our own bags here for shopping (became a law) and a lot of them come with an insert for the bottom. I have seen somewhere if you use plastic canvas and cover it, it will make the bottom flat. Cheap and easy and not cardboard.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Lorie, that is great, but I'll post pictures tomorrow of the problem - the bottom actually is pretty solid as it is. It's near the very top where the sides should fold in that are giving me fits. NOTE TO SELF: CAMERA needed in the sewing room.

Comment

Working...
                  X