X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: daughter in hospital

Originally posted by Swedish leo View Post
    Hi

I just got home after sitting in the er with my dd. SHe has tried to kill her self again, this time with her mecicin for depressions.

She is now committed to the psychward and will stay there for how long, I do not know.

My heart is breaking
    Hugs and prayers for you and your daughter.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I am so sorry to read this. I wish I could take a small bit of you heart ache away from you, fill it will love and sunshine and give it back. If only life could be like it was when our children were little and we could fix all their problems with a kiss, a hug and a band aide. The love you hold for your daughter will help both of you as she finds her way back.

Remember to take care of yourself!

Comment

(((HUGS)))) So sorry to hear that you are going through this again.
        Donna

Comment

Prayers for you and your daughter
          Happy Quilting!

Comment

Thank you so much all of you for your words, thoughts and prayers!

I am so glad for you support.

Right now she is in a safe place with staff watching her at all times, even when she sleeps.

There will be another meeting with a doc to morrow to decide if they will keep her for the weekend and the staff that I talked to said that is was likley they will keep her for the weekend. And then another meeting with a doc on monday to determend what course of action will be taken.

I have an appointment with an psychologist on monday for my feelings and reactions.
            Boy does she gonna get an earfull. ( black sense of humour)

I am feeling a bit more calmed now. At least for the moment. I try not to think to much, just take it moment by moment.

I will be going to see my DD tomorow.

Thank you again for you support! It means so much.

Hugs Annika
            sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
            The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
            A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
            And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Terrible news Annika, but she's in a safe place now even if you can't be with here all the time. You must look after yourself first. Make sure you have a hosptial bag ready for yourself too should you need to stay with her.

My son was admitted to Alder Hey (Liverpool) yesterday as an A&E patient (due to an intimate problem) and he had to go to have an operation. It was so sudden, we we'ren't prepared ( clean undies, etc) and I have another son aged 15 yrs at home who I needed to get home to. I was due in court today and had pencilled yesterday in as court prep day. And I had to cook the Friday meal for my aged Mum to make sure she gets fresh veg.

So, just to say, from one stressed parent to another, look after yourself and keep yourself strong so that you can look after the ones that depend on you.

Comment

Oh Annika, my heart goes out to you and your precious daughter. I will keep you both lifted in prayer.
                Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Annika, I am so sorry to hear this about your daughter. I have you all in my prayers that she gets the help she needs and for your heart also, I know how much this hurts us moms.

Hugs,
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                  http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                  http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Praying for you and your daughter.

Comment

Annika, I am including your daughter and your family in my prayers...hoping she will get the care she needs and will return home soon...
                      Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Annika...I too suffer from depression and anxiety, and though I never tried to commit suicide, I certainly understand how others can get to that point. Your daughter is in the best place possible for her at this time. Please know that you and your dd are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself too...as I tell family of my patients, "you aren't any good to any one else if you are sick too".
                        LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Oh my. That is heartbreaking news. As someone who has major depressive episodes and has been hospitalized for suicide, I feel for your daughter. I'm sure you are worried about her well being too.

If you like the facility and her doctors, then perhaps she should stay there awhile. I got a lot out of my stays in the hospital. There's nothing like hearing from others about their depression and how they cope with it. I knew they understood me more than anyone else did - even my doctors.

Sending you a big hug and lots of prayer.

Comment

Annika - so very sorry to hear this latest news. Will keep you and your daughter in my prayers.
                            Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

My heart is breaking with you, dear Annika. I pray they provide her the support she so desperately needs. Those teenager years are the worst and having lost her father must also weigh heavily on her heart. Stand beside her, but insist on the care and therapy she needs. Hugs, dear one!
                              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Hugs to you and your daughter Annika, sending up prayers ((((Annika))))
                                Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                                X