Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

daughter in hospital

Hi

I just got home after sitting in the er with my dd. SHe has tried to kill her self again, this time with her mecicin for depressions.

She is now committed to the psychward and will stay there for how long, I do not know.

My heart is breaking
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: daughter in hospital

So sorry to hear that. Heartbreaking. Will say some prayers for her and you also.
    Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

I am so sorry. Will be praying for your family.
      Judy

Comment

Oh my dear Annika! I am so terribly sorry to hear this news. I can only imagine the stress, the worry and sadness you are feeling right now. Hopefully, the facility where she is being placed will be able to closely supervise her until she gets her depression meds squared away. Obviously, the meds she's on aren't working for her. I'll pray she sees a therapist there with whom she will connect. I'm just so glad she was unsuccessful in her attempt. In the meantime, try to stay calm. You need to be strong for your other daughter. I'm sure she is quite upset over what's happening as well. Please keep us abreast of the situation.
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Anika.... I am so sorry to hear about this.... It is truly heartbreaking..... I pray that your precious daughter will soon be well, and that you will have the strength to get through this... God Bless...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Oh Annika, I was hoping things were getting better for your daughter. I literally have tears in my eyes. Maybe they can get her on the right medication during her hospitalization. Unfortunately it takes time to get the combination right. Another kicker you have to watch for also is that when a medication seems to be working it sometimes will stop working. The dosages may have to be altered or another combination is needed. I never in my wildest dreams thought my daughter would do the things she has done and as a mother it is so hard to watch and not be able to fix it. Please know that I'm thinking and praying for you both during this difficult time. Take care of yourself and be GOOD to yourself, Annika while the drs. take over for now.
            Sharon

Comment

Prayers for you and your daughter. It just tears you up when you can't help your child. We as mothers and it is natural think we should and can make it all better for our love ones. And it is very hard to except there are just some things that we can not fix. I find after doing all that I can I have to have give it up to the lord to handle or I make myself sick.
              The child is in some kind of pain and needs special help. I pray she can get that help and begin to heal and be happy as she should be. Then mom you can relax and be happy with her. Nothing but best wishes for you both.
              sigpic
              Hugs Ann

Comment

Originally posted by Swedish leo View Post
                Hi

I just got home after sitting in the er with my dd. SHe has tried to kill her self again, this time with her mecicin for depressions.

She is now committed to the psychward and will stay there for how long, I do not know.

My heart is breaking
                Hugs and prayers for your daughter and yourself.
                TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Annika, I am so sorry. I am praying that your DD gets the help that she needs, and that God will send her someone who will know how to get through to the root issues of her heart. Please be good to yourself, dear. Make sure you are eating well and getting enough rest (although I know your sleep has not been very good lately). You are going to need it in order to support your DD. (((Annika))) Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

Comment

Annika... as hard as this is,, please know that she is in just the right place right now.. hoping that your facilities are competent and caring... I have a son who has escaped death a few times, so I know the heartache your feeling.. right now,, he's in a good place,, after a 30day stay,,, but it's not the first time..
                    Please, know I am praying and thinking of you.. and hoping that sends you the strength to get thru this... I know your pain... be sure you take care of YOU as well,,,, it is paramount that you do.. so you can be there for what she may need for support,, but above all listen to what the doctors tell you. They are trained for all this... hugs, Barbara
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Comment

Annika, as a mother, my heart breaks for you. Unless you go through it, noone can feel the anxiety and worry of a child with mental distress. My prayers for the doctors finding the correct meds to help your DD and for her peace of heart and mind and yours as well. Be strong, many here are uplifting you in prayer. Proverbs3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this, Annika. I can't imagine how much pain she must be in. I know this is terribly hard for you. My prayers are with you and your family. Hugs, Barb
                          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Annika, so very sorry to hear this. She is in the best possible place she can be right now. Hopefully she will get the help she needs. Prayers for you and her.
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

I know what you are going thru and hopefully it will get better. Several years ago, my youngest daughter was in a very abusive marraige, to a man we found out later was very evil. We just did not know it, because she not share that with us. Anyway, one Presidents weekend, I had won a big award at work, we all went to the ceremony then headed to the lake place for the weekend. They ended up leaving early and when they got home, she tried to shoot herself, but decided not to and instead fled in their car. She drove herself to the hospital without telling anyone. The one she went to was a small hospital that did not deal with mental problems, and the transported her via ambulance to a larger one that had a mental ward. She was there for ten days and refused to see anyone but her sister, who had to drive up from Portland (160 miles).

Rest assured that she is at a place she needs to be right now. They will help her and hopefully, she will come out of this for the better. They know what they are doing and you have to trust them. She may not want to see you and the rest of the family, and it will hurt, but do what she and the people helping her want.

I wish you the best of luck.
                              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
                              X