Olympics......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympics......

Wich little country rules at speedskating............ .

So proud of our boys and girls in Russia.
    Last edited by Klasien; February 18, 2014, 01:43 PM.
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Re: Olympics......

Your team is awesome!! I've never seen so many strong skaters in my life....congratulations!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Orange rules on the speed skating rink!

Comment

You should be proud my friend! I am so happy for you! Are you getting good coverage? We are not. I am so mad at NBC for the job they are not doing. Kramer has not finished his skate yet here. I am watching the last 15 laps now... But I have not seen any Medal ceremonies for the Americans. They aren't showing them and the are not wearing them afterwards when they interview with one eyed Bob Costas. It's just disgusting they are doing this to us.

I stayed up until after 2am to see the Medal ceremony for Ice skating last night and as far as I know, they have not showed it YET!! They also show more of the reporters than atheletes and they talk constantly. What the one reporter did to Body Miller made me want to throw up!
        Last edited by kensington; February 18, 2014, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Oh... so sorry Kramer did not win. I wanted him to. But, happy for the Silver he got.

Comment

Congrats Klasien on your speed skaters. I do hope you are getting better coverage than we are.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

I noticed that the Netherlands is doing very, very well in the medal count. It made me so happy to see that.
              Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I stayed up to watch the ice dancing last night. It did show them up on the podium......getting flowers, but not their medals! That just is not right. The US team that won in that sport were spectacular! I found it interesting that their coach was also for the Canadian team that I think came in third?
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Now that you mention it, I don't think I have seen any of the medal ceremonies either. A couple of shots of them on the podiums, but no complete ceremonies.
                  While we were at the beach we were able to get Canadian Broadcast Corp. It was early in the games, but they did a nice job. I'm not really pleased with the coverage either. I wish there was a better way.

Congrats to all of the athletes, medals or not. It takes a lot of hard work to get that far. Some of them are missing the medal by thousandths of seconds! To be soooo close! It makes a 1/4" of a seam allowance look huge in perspective!
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Tjaalf boppe! (I learned how to iceskate at the Tjaalf stadium in Heerenveen!
                    Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                    Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Originally posted by BellasQuilts View Post
                      Tjaalf boppe! (I learned how to iceskate at the Tjaalf stadium in Heerenveen!
                      Lot of the skaters are from Heerenveen, just like you!!
                      It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

Klasien, we have been glued to the Olympics as well. You should be very proud! Your lovely country has done very well ! Love skating in any form. My heart is always pounding during the speed races, whether skating, skiing, or sleds.

I have to agree with the others here that mentioned our coverage has been spotty. It has also been poorly edited. Shame on NBC. They may as well be Russia's ambassador of propaganda. Sigh.
                        Sewing mends the soul.
                        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
                        X